Microsoft

Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager Feedback

Suggestion box powered by UserVoice - Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

Ideas

What features would you like to see?

All of the feedback that you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager, though we can’t promise to reply to all posts.

Please do not use UserVoice to report product bugs or for assisted support.
If you believe you have found a product bug, please send us a bug report through the Configuration Manager Console (1806 and newer). To do this, press the 🙂 button in the top right corner and choose “Send a Frown”. For more details, see https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sccm/core/understand/find-help.

If you require assisted support, please see https://aka.ms/cmcbsupport for more details.

Standard Disclaimer – our lawyers made us put this here ;-)
We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, so you can give us feedback. Please note that the Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager feedback site is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. Please send only feature suggestions and ideas to improve Configuration Manager. Do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Powershell cmdlet for creating MSIX deploymentType

I would like to script MSIX import in SCCM. Through the console, when you import a msix detection method is created automatically. Add-CMAppxDeploymentType only works with *.appx files. It would be nice to be able to create MSIX deploymenttype like Script, MSI and XAP

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  PowerShell  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. get-cmdevice searchable with FQDN

Please add the Availability to use get-cmdevice -Devicename with the FQDN and not only with the Hostname (as it is possible with get-cmdeviceVariable)

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Noted  ·  0 comments  ·  PowerShell  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. API/PowerShell cmdlet to manage/automate CMG certificate renewals

Companies are looking for alternatives to the large public CA authorities like Verisign and DigiCert, one such alternative is Let's Encypt. They offer free public-signed certificates, the only problem is the certificates need to be renewed every 90 days. The renewal can be automated using Certbot.

However there does not appear to be any functionality in the current ConfigMgr release to allow for automated certificate replacement/renewal. This seems to be a gap in the PowerShell functionality.

Sure its only a few minutes every 90 days to log into the console open up the CMG instance and update the certificate, and…

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. PowerShell cmdlet "Remove-CMMaintenanceWindow" should accept Window Time as parameter

Powershell cmdlet "Remove-CMMaintenanceWindow" should accept StartTime as a parater. Current implementation only accepts limited parmaters of collectionid, and maintenance window name. If you have two windows by the same name, with different start times... you will remove both by using this utility. I suggest it should also accept the StartTime as a paramter for specific window deletion. Maintenance windows are a point in time schedule, and therefore the Point in time should be considered as a parameter for removal. The current implementation of this cmdlet is dangerous, and cannot be used for finite window removal.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  2 comments  ·  PowerShell  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Provide cmdlet to get deployment status summarization statistics

Need a cmdlet to gather/run a deployment status summarization. Providing the deployment statistics with a list of each device and its current state.

In this way I could automate against which systems are currently in error/unknown. There is no simple way to do this outside of the GUI, and I may have dozens of deployments to verify against.

I've seen some possibilities using SQL queries to join 3-4 tables together to pull this off, but it lacks message state value translations. The data coming back doesn't have meaning.

Its simple... I need to get a list of devices that are…

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  PowerShell  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. MVP-Powershell for Adding EP collection to dashboard (UpdateVisibilityInEPDashBoard)

add-CMCollectionToDashboard and Remove-CMCollectionFromDashboard would be great addition to the existing powershell so the UpdateVisibilityInEPDashBoard WMI method would not be required anymore

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. 4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  PowerShell  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. SMS_ConfigurationItemLatest.ObjectPath property is null

Both the iResultObject from Get-CMConfigurationItem and the SMS_ConfigurationItemLatest object returned from a WMI query have a null value as the objectpath property.

Current workaround is to make recursive queries on SMS_ObjectContainerNode to get the ObjectPath of these objects.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Include verbose information with import-cmpackage cmdlet

The Import-CMPackage cmdlet does not provide much in the way of verbose output with the -verbose flag. This would be useful to identify what the cmdlet is performing in the background to determine if package already exists with the same name or not.

Steps attempted:
    $Global:VerbosePreference = "Continue"
    $Global:DebugPreference = "Continue"
    $Global:CMPSDebugLogging = $true

import-cmpackage -ImportFilePath "\localhost\c$\Users\Testing\TestPkg.zip" -Verbose

Output: Verbose: Performing the operation "Import" on target "Package: ".

Trace-Command -Name metadata,parameterbinding,cmdlet -Expression {Import-CMPackage -ImportFilePath "\localhost\c$\Users\Testing\TestPkg.zip" -WhatIf} -PSHost
    DEBUG: ParameterBinding Information: 0 : BIND NAMED cmd line args [Import-CMPackage]
    DEBUG: ParameterBinding Information: 0 : BIND arg [\localhost\c$\Users\Testing\TestPkg.zip] to parameter [ImportFilePath]
    DEBUG:…

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Noted  ·  1 comment  ·  PowerShell  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Migrate scripts

Export/migrate scripts collection (Software Library\Scripts) from software library ro other sites, either via Migration or Export/Import.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Make Get-CMPackage Return All Packages

Currently, Get-CMPackage only returns “ordinary packages”, not software update packages or task sequence packages or other types. If you run the command in verbose mode, you can see the WQL query filters PackageType=0 and activity <>3.

Documentation for this cmdlet states “Get-CMPackage returns all packages” and this is wrong. It returns all packages where type = 0. Can we please create PackageType as a parameter so all packages can be managed with one cmdlet?

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Support -Fast mode in more PowerShell cmdlets

Can Get-Get-CMTaskSequence get a [-Fast] switch like [Get-CMApplication]

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  PowerShell  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Get-CMScript by ScriptGUID

Get-CMScript does not provide on option to get scripts by scriptGUID. CMScripts are allowed to have the same name so we need a variable that is unique, ScriptGUID will do that. Currently I am not able to pass that value through Get-CMScript.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. New-CMOperatingSystemUpgradePackage need an Index switch

New-CMOperatingSystemUpgradePackage need an Index switch. Unlike the wizard in the console where you can select a specific index to import, you cannot when using PowerShell. This is especially important when servicing the OS upgrade package via the Console.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Predeclare devices with powershell

It's could be great to add a powershell cmdlet to import devices, like Import-predeclaredDeivces -Type Android -EMEI 000000 -Description "User A"
    Or by importing a CSV :
    Import-predeclaredDeivces -Csv c:\import.csv

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Pass script parameters to RunScript via the AdminService

While we can pass script parameters to Invoke-CMScript and the InitiateClientOperationEx WMI method, we still cannot pass parameters via RunScript through the AdminService. This would be an incredibly useful and much appreciated feature addition.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. PowerShell CmdLets: Improvement for Software Update Maintenance

Paging Adam Meltzer.
    I’ve spent the last couple of weeks writing a PowerShell script to provide end-to-end maintenance of software updates. My goal was to use the CM cmdlets as much as possible. While I think I have everything working the experience leads me to make the suggestions below. In all honestly; maybe I’m just doing it wrong and there is a way to do the things I couldn’t figure out.
    The documentation for Get-CMSoftwareUpdateDeploymentPackage says that it returns a CMSoftwareUpdateDeploymentPackage object but it’s actually returning WqlResultObjectBase. Maybe I’m just supposed to cast it but I failed trying.

I could…

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Noted  ·  2 comments  ·  PowerShell  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Need cmdlets for Distribution Point reassignment

Create a powershell cmdlet to perform a DP reassignment as we can do on SCCM console

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Get-CMApplicationDeploymentStatus group

I would like to use PowerShell to get detailed information for some application group deployments, with a goal of setting up a scheduled job to notify our helpdesk via email to follow up on devices with deployment errors. I can use Get-CMApplicationGroupDeployment -Summary to get a high level summary of the deployment statistics but I can't find a way to get the detailed information for the devices in the deployment.

Would it be possible to extend the PowerShell cmdlet library to permit this?

Please see MS premier support case #:25437365 for more details.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. MVP- Set-CMClientPushInstallation NTLM

the Set-CMClientPushInstallation should have an option to set the Allow connection fallback to ntlm

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base