Microsoft

Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager Feedback

Suggestion box powered by UserVoice

Ideas

What features would you like to see?

All of the feedback that you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager, though we can’t promise to reply to all posts.

Please do not use UserVoice to report product bugs or for assisted support.
If you believe you have found a product bug, please send us a bug report through the Configuration Manager Console (1806 and newer). To do this, press the 🙂 button in the top right corner and choose “Send a Frown”. For more details, see https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sccm/core/understand/find-help.

If you require assisted support, please see https://aka.ms/cmcbsupport for more details.

Standard Disclaimer – our lawyers made us put this here ;-)
We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, so you can give us feedback. Please note that the Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager feedback site is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. Please send only feature suggestions and ideas to improve Configuration Manager. Do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. PowerShell Cmdlet to display the required software updates for a device

I would like to have a cmdlet to display all required updates for a device, or all devices. I have made a SQL query to do this, so I know it's possible. The query is based on the "Software Updates - A Compliance" reports, but only lists required updates, not installed. This is very useful for finding any missed updates that may be important or critical.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  PowerShell  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. MVP-Powershell for Adding EP collection to dashboard (UpdateVisibilityInEPDashBoard)

add-CMCollectionToDashboard and Remove-CMCollectionFromDashboard would be great addition to the existing powershell so the UpdateVisibilityInEPDashBoard WMI method would not be required anymore

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Run Scripts: Need folder support for feature

It would be nice to be able to make folders and apply security to each folder for the new scripts feature.

32 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Noted  ·  4 comments  ·  PowerShell  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Run Scripts: Should allow for exporting results from Script Status

Run Script: export the results from Script Status to Excel file

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  PowerShell  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  PowerShell  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Should support "run as" functionality when executing scripts (Applications, Run Scripts, etc.)

SCCM PowerShell scripts running in a corporate environment are hobbled due to the NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM context. I have multiple cases where I could create an Application that just runs a PowerShell script but the script needs to run as a domain admin to do what it has to. The new Scripts feature also needs run-as functionality for fire & forget type tasks. Including a run-as facility in SCCM would significantly extend the product's flexibility.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  PowerShell  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Noted  ·  3 comments  ·  PowerShell  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Run Scripts: Need improved monitoring and reporting on script execution

Allow filtering on Monitoring - Scripts. Filter by time and date, collection, and script name.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Run Scripts: Add Deploy in the Scripts section in the software library

Would love to see the ability to right click on a Script in the software library and be able to select Deploy.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Run Scripts: Need cmdlets to support feature

Create cmdlets for the new in console Powershell scripts. Some good ones would be new Script Deployment and get script results.

EX:
    New-CMPSScriptDeployment -Name "Script Name" -CollectionName "Collection Name"

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  PowerShell  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Incorrect Icon Size When Using New-CMApplication and Set-CMApplication

When using New-CMApplication or Set-CMApplication with the IconLocationFile parameter and an icon at least 128x128 in size, the application is created with a very small icon. I am not certain if smaller icons are effected.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Noted  ·  1 comment  ·  PowerShell  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Create a PowerShell cmdlet too add/edit/remove duplicate hardware identifiers

New-CMDuplicateHardwareIdentifier
    Set-CMDuplicateHardwareIdentifier
    Remove-CMDuplicateHardwareIdentifier

Please create cmdlets to add/edit/remove duplicate hardware identifiers. We have a large organization and those pesky Lenovo Yoga's get a USB to Ethernet dongle with each one. We have over 500 dongles currently, and I don't see a way to automate importing those MAC addresses. Thanks!

57 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Noted  ·  8 comments  ·  PowerShell  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. PowerShell CmdLets: Improvement for Software Update Maintenance

Paging Adam Meltzer.
    I’ve spent the last couple of weeks writing a PowerShell script to provide end-to-end maintenance of software updates. My goal was to use the CM cmdlets as much as possible. While I think I have everything working the experience leads me to make the suggestions below. In all honestly; maybe I’m just doing it wrong and there is a way to do the things I couldn’t figure out.
    The documentation for Get-CMSoftwareUpdateDeploymentPackage says that it returns a CMSoftwareUpdateDeploymentPackage object but it’s actually returning WqlResultObjectBase. Maybe I’m just supposed to cast it but I failed trying.

I could…

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. MVP - DCR wanted for server groups

My customer has +_ 600 maintenance windows using the server grouping feature .

Feature Request Nr1 : They use the node drain / node resume feature with PowerShell. They are still modifying and changing the script almost every week . That script is used for those 600 collections :

a) a central repository/place to enter the script details and be able to reuse that for each server group collection like for power management custom templates .
    b) If they make a change in the “central” PowerShell repository , it keeps history ( Like application revisions ) and replaces that automatically…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  PowerShell  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Run Scripts: Do not preserve parameters when scripts are re-run, and log parameter usage in Monitoring

When using parameters, the last value used should be blanked out when run again. The value of parameters is the dynamics of it all. You can overwrite the value but seems it would be best servers to not retain the value after running. Would also be great if the parameter used was logged in the Script Status node for ease of tracking.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Noted  ·  0 comments  ·  PowerShell  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Set-CMSoftwareUpdateDeployment missing SoftDeadlineEnabled parameter

Expose -SoftDeadlineEnable to Set-CMSoftwareUpdateDeployment -SoftDeadlineEnabled

Its on Get-CMSoftwareUpdateDeployment not Set.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Noted  ·  0 comments  ·  PowerShell  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Create application from Licence for Store Apps

Create application from PowerShell from the 'Licence for Store Apps'

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  PowerShell  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Update CM cmdlet documentation and downloadable help file

Running update-help pulls down a help file to an older version of the cmdlets. For instance, do a clean install of the console and cmdlets.
    Type:

Get-Help Add-CMApplicationCatalogWebsitePoint

On a machine that has not had the help file updated, you will see 6 parameter sets under Syntax. Run update-help and then try again. You will now see 2 parameter sets under Syntax. In addition, there is no detailed information for the new cmdlets added.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  4 comments  ·  PowerShell  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. add a powershell possibility to add requirements to a deploymenttype of an application

At the moment it is not easy to add requirements to an application deploymenttype with PowerShell. I think many of us would benefit if this would be simplified.

132 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  PowerShell  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Transaction support for PowerShell cmdlets

today when using powershell cmdlet the action is performed direct against the server, as example, if you want to create an application, add couple of deployment types and perform other small changes, you end up with lots of revisions (easily, 10). when you have lots of revisions, this start to impact the performance.

it would be nice if we can have the cmdlets transactional, in this case, you create the object and the changes does not apply to the database, you need to "save" the change.

on the application example, you could create the application, create the dt's, changes, etc.…

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  2 comments  ·  PowerShell  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base