Microsoft

System Center Configuration Manager Feedback

Suggestion box powered by UserVoice

Ideas

What features would you like to see?

All of the feedback that you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building System Center Configuration Manager, though we can’t promise to reply to all posts.

Please do not use UserVoice to report product bugs or for assisted support.
If you believe you have found a product bug, please send us a bug report through the Configuration Manager Console (1806 and newer). To do this, press the 🙂 button in the top right corner and choose “Send a Frown”. For more details, see https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sccm/core/understand/find-help.

If you require assisted support, please see https://aka.ms/cmcbsupport for more details.

Standard Disclaimer – our lawyers made us put this here ;-)
We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, so you can give us feedback. Please note that the System Center Configuration Manager feedback site is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. Please send only feature suggestions and ideas to improve Microsoft Configuration Manager. Do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms.

How can we improve Configuration Manager?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Client push function

Client push function

1. The SCCM Client Agent is to be rolled out on a client PC.
    2. For some reason, the SCCM Client Agent can not be installed on the client PC.
    3. Now you can not cancel the rollout on this client PC.

It would be nice if you cancel the rollout or is prevented.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Client Deployment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. I have a suggestion for the SMSSLP parameter and registry key.

I was investigating the registry Key SMSSLP under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\CCM.

Most of my computers have a decommissioned Management Point in this Key. As far as I can tell this won’t have any effect. But this is confusing when troubleshooting client problems.

After some experiments these are my conclusions:
    • The key is filled in when you use SMSMP=… as parameter for ccmsetup.exe.
    • The key is read when you start ccmsetup.exe and then added to the command line as SMSSLP=…
    • You can only change the key by adding SMSSLP=… yourself to the command line. (Or edit the registry of course.)

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Client Deployment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Easier to implement other Custom OSD menus

Easier to implement other Custom OSD menus. I have written a new front end (We deploy offline to classified systems with specific configurations). There is very little information on how to implement your own custom OSD. I built one in PowerShell Studio but have yet to implement. Still trying to figure how to do it. Current GUI is limited.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. SMS Agent Host Startup Type - Client Setting

There should be an option in the Client Settings to select the Startup Type for the SMS Agent Host. It takes a couple minutes for the agent to start by default since it's set to Automatic (Delayed Start).

While I think that this should remain the default, it should be an option in client settings to switch this to a regular Automatic startup type.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Switching Connection Type should be easier

As far as I know, the only way to change a clients connection type to "Always Internet", "Always Intranet" or to a switching Connection Type (Currently Intranet/Currently Internet), is by re-installing the client. How nice would it be if we could control this setting without having to re-install the client.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Include updated Windows Update Agent during client install

There are well documented issues with issues when using older versions of the Windows Update Agent. The configmgr client install still just checks for the base level of the Windows Update client. The client install should include the most up to date windows update agent so that customers will not be required to deploying the updated agent after client install to resolve known scan and related issues.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Prevent people from creating programs/deployments from the build-in Configuration Manager Client (xxx00003) package

When you do an upgrade from CM12 SPx , prevent people to have programs/deployments from the build-in Configuration Manager Client (xxx00003) package . When you do not look / validate closely - your clients all get updated in no-time when your 1511 site servers go's online - even when you disable site-wide upgrade .

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Update SCCM Client install to download and install the latest WUAgent

Why does the SCCM client still download the 7.6.7600.256 for Windows 7 when the latest version is 7.6.7601.23453?

Would be good when the sccm installs or upgrades that it attempts to install the latest version.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. 0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. collection with a deployment

Run download computer policy automatically when a computer is added to a collection with a deployment.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 3 4 6 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base