Microsoft

Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager Feedback

Suggestion box powered by UserVoice - Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

Ideas

What features would you like to see?

All of the feedback that you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager, though we canā€™t promise to reply to all posts.

Please do not use UserVoice to report product bugs or for assisted support.
If you believe you have found a product bug, please send us a bug report through the Configuration Manager Console (1806 and newer). To do this, press the šŸ™‚ button in the top right corner and choose ā€œSend a Frownā€. For more details, see https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sccm/core/understand/find-help.

If you require assisted support, please see https://aka.ms/cmcbsupport for more details.

Standard Disclaimer ā€“ our lawyers made us put this here ;-)
We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, so you can give us feedback. Please note that the Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager feedback site is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. Please send only feature suggestions and ideas to improve Configuration Manager. Do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. i could able to pull or copy the machine

In Deployment monitoring on the "Asset details" column

i am able to select single pc to see the error details but unable to copy the content from the console its read-only i believe probably you should make some changes
    so, we can live information can be copied in detailed to excel or either live import present data to have it in single sheet as bulk.

so my suggest is :- if we get an option enabled to copy whole should not be read-only the information from the Asset details column
    it may be falls under "Compliant\In-progress\Error\Unknown" column

so, with thisā€¦

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinkingā€¦)
    2 comments  ·  Deployment Monitoring  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  2. More Detailed Deployment status View

For monitoring deployment of OSD , it would be better if the detailed status /dashboard is available in Console with status details of steps in task sequence.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Noted  ·  1 comment  ·  Deployment Monitoring  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  3. Custom Error Codes for Chained Programs

Instead of "failing" and stop running on all non-zero return codes, allow acceptable return codes to determine if the install sequence fails or continues. Example, uninstall an MSI to be sure it's not there but if it's not, generates a 1605 return, yet this is really a soft error which we currently have to use a BAT or VB script so we don't get a "failure". It should be up to the engineer to determine what is and is not a "failure". Of course, out of the box any non-zero should continue to be a failure.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Noted  ·  0 comments  ·  Deployment Monitoring  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  4. Deployments section could include Packages and not just Applications.

Just a thought but Applications has a nice deployments section where you can easily see how the deployments have gone. Packages on the other hand doesn't have this convenience and you need to pull up reports to get some quick insight.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Deployment Monitoring  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  5. Deployment End Time

It would be wonderful to have a deployment End Time to match the Deployment Start time for active or past deployments. This would allow a quick reference to see when deployments have started and ended.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Deployment Monitoring  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  6. Allow number criteria to be integer

Currently filtering on 'number errors' expects kind of string value to be filtered on. Better would be equals, not equals, greater than, less than.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Remove obsolete/redundant adverts/deployments

Machines are often removed from software deployment collections, either that they were added by mistake in the first place or they have genuinely been removed for a particular reason. I have found that even though a machine has been removed from a collection the advert/deployment for that machine is still kept in the dbo.vSMS_ClientAdvertisementStatus table. In view of this the built in reports are not as accurate as they should be because they are tied in to this table containing obsolete data. Is it possible that when a machine is removed from a collection its corresponding advert for that collectionā€¦

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Noted  ·  0 comments  ·  Deployment Monitoring  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  8. Historical State Messages

I love status messages and the new state message system is a step backwards. I have no historical data for troubleshooting purposes. If I create a new revision of an application and deploy it, does it have a higher success rate than a previous revision? No clue.

Also, I don't like that state messages are removed for deleted deployments. I want to know what deployment ran on what machine, regardless of if the deployment still exists or not. How do I know what was installed on one machine if the deployment is removed?

There are a ton of instances whereā€¦

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Noted  ·  1 comment  ·  Deployment Monitoring  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  9. Allow SCCM deployments to use the same Wake On Lan Functionality as Client Notificaiton Service.

Currently the option "Send Wake-Up packets" in Deployments utilizes the old WoL method of relying on the ARP cache and or a WoL Proxy. Would be great if deployments used the same method that client notification is using in Assets and Compliance.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Who Created the Deployment

Under Monitoring>Overview>Deployments
    i would like to see who created the deployment

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Application file detection in user environement

Today, we can deploy an application into an user profile (Ex : %appdata%; but it's not possible to check the file as a detection method.

Unfortunatly SCCM isn't able to find a file into a user environement.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Add Description to Distribution Point Configuration Status Screen

We use the description field to describe where the DP is located in the world, due to our naming convention not containing the location in the asset name . When performing monitoring I'd like to see the description field from the Administration\Distribution Points pane carried through to the Monitoring\Distribution Status\Distribution Point Configuration Status. This would make it easy to see which locations DP has an issue rather then switching to the Administration pane.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Compliant tab

The COMPLIANT tab needs to get broken into two tabs - one for what other products call "Not Applicable" and the other for "Success". As it is now you cannot look at the COMPLIANT tab and see how many nodes successfully installed updates because they are mingled with ones that did not need the update.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Enhance temporary nodes when viewing deployments

Opening Monitoring - Deployments, double clicking a software deployment, takes us to the Deployment Status.
    If i open the Error status tab and double click one of the categories, a temporary node is created, containing the affected computers.
    If the temporary node is left open and i go back to the Error status tab and double click another category, i'm brought back to the same temporary node.
    This is due to the node being limited to the status and not the category.

I'd like to have the temporary node reflect the category, not just the status.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Output download status of a specific BITS periodically

My customer is looking for a feature output download staus of a specifice BITS to a text file periodically to monitor status. [bitsadmin /monitor /allusers怍cannot output to a text file.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Ability to create custom alerts

I would like to have the ability to create custom alerts or have more canned alerts to configure in Configuration Manager CB. Having the ability to be alerted in the event there is an unauthorized deployment would be nice. Also site security alerts if there is an attempt to access higher rights within Configuration Manager CB.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Software Updates deployment status sometimes do not show up on the Deployment Monitoring tab

Software Updates deployment status sometimes do not show up on the Deployment Monitoring tab, Application deployments are visible but not software updates deployments. Seems like a bug.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. When you target users with an application that requires approval can that be shown in deployment monitoring as Waiting Approval?

When you target users with an available application that requires approval can that be shown in deployment monitoring as Waiting Approval after users have requested and as Approved once approved?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. duoble click to see assets

before we could double click on status line to see all of the assets, now, xith SCCM 1702 it is no longer possible

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base