Microsoft

System Center Configuration Manager Feedback

Suggestion box powered by UserVoice

Ideas

What features would you like to see?

All of the feedback that you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building System Center Configuration Manager, though we canā€™t promise to reply to all posts.

Please do not use UserVoice to report product bugs or for assisted support.
If you believe you have found a product bug, please send us a bug report through the Configuration Manager Console (1806 and newer). To do this, press the šŸ™‚ button in the top right corner and choose ā€œSend a Frownā€. For more details, seeĀ https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sccm/core/understand/find-help.

If you require assisted support, please see https://aka.ms/cmcbsupport for more details.

Standard Disclaimer ā€“ our lawyers made us put this here ;-)
We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, so you can give us feedback. Please note that the System Center Configuration Manager feedback site is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. Please send only feature suggestions and ideas to improve Microsoft Configuration Manager. Do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms.

How can we improve Configuration Manager?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinkingā€¦)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Join Collections

It would be useful to be able to create collections based on the common membership of two other collections, directly from the "Add Rule" button (see attached). This would effectively be an inner join of two or more collections. This option could simply be called "Join Collections".

Of course, this can be achieved using queries within the collection, however doing this at the collection level (instead of within a query) would allow us to create more complex collections much more quickly.

Overall this is a quick efficiency improvement.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinkingā€¦)
    0 comments  ·  Collections  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  2. Ability to bulk import computers or users to a collection using a CSV file with the data.

Ability to bulk import computers or users to a collection using a CSV file with the data.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Collections  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  3. collections sort by deployments

add a filter-able column to device collections for "Deployment Count" similar to referenced collections. that way I can easily find collections that have deployments, rather than sorting through hundreds of deployments or thousands of collections to the collections that have deployments.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Set or remove scheduled full update time to a selected group of collections

When creating multiple collections, unchecking the schedule full update time, is sometimes overlooked. It would be nice to be able to select several collections and either set or remove scheduled update settings. Or add a column option to show the scheduled update times to avoid having to go into properties for each collection. TY!

> Collection Properties/Membership Rules/Schedule a full update on this collection

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Override maintenance windows

Allow local admins to bypass the maintenance windows for deployments even if the deployment is hidden in the Software Center. Allow this on collections and individual clients. Usually needed for short notice deployments in education.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Improve collection import to catch unmatched limit to collection ID

When importing a collection to another hierarchy the "limit to" collection ID never matches. Right now we have to manually edit the MOF file. Please improve the import wizard so that if the "limit to" collection ID is not found the user can select a new collection as part of the wizard.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. DataGrid view for Value UI for Collections

When creating a Device or User collection and editing the Query Statement it would be extremely useful to have all the Values applicable for the query that you create to be listed in a DataGrid instead of what's I'm assuming today is a ListBox or similar. A DataGrid would improve the user experience with sortable columns for instance.

As for the amount of returned items, it would also make sense to be able to increase the amount by allowing the user to set the maximum limit themselves.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Add the ability to trend result count of a collection

Many of us deal with applications that have strict licensing. When I think of how to do it, you could do it in AI maybe and have it not do across all installed applications but have it as a possibility on a discovered application... Right click the application (TREND), that would spur the auto creation of a collection, report item, a stored procedure.... The stored procedure would simply do a count of the number of devices in the collection and write that out to the installed application trending table. So now I have the ability to not only show howā€¦

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Increase results displayed or enable a filter window for criterion selection when creating a query for collection membership.

Currently when creating a collection based on installed software or software version there is a limit to the returned results based on criterion. If the item you are looking for is far enough down the list, you can't see it to select it. Adding additional rows to display on the return or a filter window would be greatly beneficial

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Collections  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  10. Exclude Query within Membership Rules

Currently you have Direct Rule, Query Rule and Include/Exclude collections, could this be ā€˜redesignedā€™ to allow exclude on query and possibly direct rule?

This will prevent the requirement to create an additional collection to exclude objects from a collection.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. UserName and MachineName displayed in Collections

I'd like to be able to view UserName and MachineName as a column in Collections. If the user logs into multiple machines then have SCCM select the most recent date or the machine with the most minutes logged-in.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Display warning if Copying / cloning a collection with a Maintenance Window configured

It would be easy to Copy/Clone a collection with a maintenance window configured, and not realize your new collection now has a maintenance window set.

A simple pop up providing notification would be helpful.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Create a collection based on computers that can install a specific driver using hardware IDs collected and match against hardware IDs in the

Allow for the ability to create a collection/query based on computers that can install a specific driver using hardware IDs collected and match against compatible hardware IDs in the driver inf file. This would help to determine what drivers are compatible with what computers in a more efficient way. Then deploy the driver package to those computers to update (using devcon.exe or similar). Third party driver management (through updates catalogs) are still storage hungry and cumbersome. This would be a very effective solution.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Noted  ·  1 comment  ·  Collections  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  14. I would like to be able to add PC(s) to multiple collections at once instead of one by one.

As it currently stands, if I want to add a PC to multiple Collections, I have to go through the process one by one. It would be nice to be able to add a PC to more than 1 Collection at a time.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Add user that last modified collection

Add column for user that last modified collection

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Synchronize collection with active directory group

Assigning users to computers is not easily managed in AD but is in SCCM. I'd like to have the ability to push users' "assigned" (primary user) computers in an SCCM collection to an AD group and keep the AD group synchronized with changes in the collection. For example: I create a collection of all of the computers assigned to users in AD group Department X. I need an AD group of their computers for group policies and other third party programs. I can manually populate an AD group with their computers but the group will soon get out of dateā€¦

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Read collection query WQL for role "Read-only Analyst"

Ability to read collection query logic / statement in WQL when assigned to the Built-in role of "Read-only Analyst". I am a package developer but need to look at and provide advice to others on production and test environments. I have read-only access to everything I usually need except the logic in the collection queries.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Resultant set of Maintenance Windows

Ability to get a resultant set of maintenance windows. There are some third party powershell scripts that can be used, but this would be a nice feature in the console

http://www.scconfigmgr.com/2014/04/13/show-maintenance-windows-information-for-a-device-in-configmgr-2012/

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Changes only in case not understood while renaming collections

Minor bug and easy to work around, just thought I'd point it out:

Original collection name: "Foo Bar"

Action: Rename to "Foo BAR"
    Expected result: "Foo BAR"
    Actual result: "Foo Bar" (no change)

Action: Rename to "Foo Bar Baz"
    Action: Rename to "Foo BAR"
    Actual result: "Foo BAR"

Basically, if you rename a collection and change *only* the case, SCCM doesn't "get the memo" ;).

-Shashank

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. clippy for collections

let clippy give admins advice on how to write better performing collections. #mmsmoa

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base