Microsoft

System Center Configuration Manager Feedback

Suggestion box powered by UserVoice

Ideas

What features would you like to see?

All of the feedback that you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building System Center Configuration Manager, though we canā€™t promise to reply to all posts.

Please do not use UserVoice to report product bugs or for assisted support.
If you believe you have found a product bug, please send us a bug report through the Configuration Manager Console (1806 and newer). To do this, press the šŸ™‚ button in the top right corner and choose ā€œSend a Frownā€. For more details, seeĀ https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sccm/core/understand/find-help.

If you require assisted support, please see https://aka.ms/cmcbsupport for more details.

Standard Disclaimer ā€“ our lawyers made us put this here ;-)
We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, so you can give us feedback. Please note that the System Center Configuration Manager feedback site is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. Please send only feature suggestions and ideas to improve Microsoft Configuration Manager. Do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms.

How can we improve Configuration Manager?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinkingā€¦)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Remove the option to deleted the members from a collect when the collection is deleted.

It seem odd that since you multi-select and deleted user / computers that you would need to have a prompt to delete the users / computers when deleting the collection.

The process should be if you need to deleted the users / computers and the collection.
    - Multi-select and deleted computers. If there is a large number users / computers blocks deleted if number excesses High-Risk deployment settings.
    - Deleted the Collection
    - If the collection is limiting another collection. Then prompt if that collection should be deleted too.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinkingā€¦)
    planned  ·  0 comments  ·  Collections  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  2. I would be nice if in the Devices view there was an option to display the currently logged on user and the IP of the device

I would be nice if in the Devices view there was an option to display the currently logged on user and the IP of the device so that I would not have to run a query all the time to get that information.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Collections  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  3. Send Wake-up packets to a collection outside of a deployment

It would be nice for remote management after hours to be able to send wake-up packets to computers so they could be remoted into

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. UserName and MachineName displayed in Collections

I'd like to be able to view UserName and MachineName as a column in Collections. If the user logs into multiple machines then have SCCM select the most recent date or the machine with the most minutes logged-in.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Referenced Collections

I would like to be able to easily see which collection that my collection is referenced to.

I can easily see what collections are referenced in my collection, but knowing if I make a change to the membership of x collection then it could effect the membership of y collection would be handy

26 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Collections  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  6. Ability to disable some AD system discoveries.

Our current AD Sys Discovery takes over 2 days to process. It would be great to be able to disable some or all of them without deleting the configuration from the discovery method so that I could target specific domains. Currently if I need to target a specific, I have to delete all of the other ones. Or leave it, and wait 2 days for it to finish.

32 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Collections  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  7. Limit a Collection to Max Number of Machines for Licensing

It would be nice if you could create a feature for collections that could limit the number of machines that could appear in a certain collection. Say you have 5 licenses of a software, you wouldn't want 6 or more machines to appear in the collection as you don't have a license for the 6th machine. Just a thought.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. collection deny direct membership

Give the ability to designate a collection to have NO direct membership rules.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Customize view in Device Collections

add "Last Logon Username" as optional Tab

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Quick & Easy way to find all collections with server group setting enabled

In my environment somehow one of our collections had the checkbox for "All devices are part of the same server group" checked (this may be a bug altogether). It was on a workstation collection which prevented those machines from getting updates due to a "Wait on Lock" status. I had to manually click through the collections to find which collection had this setting enabled to clear the lock. It would be helpful to have a quick way to query all collections that have this setting enabled, just in case the admin doesn't know which collection had it enabled.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Easier access to collection query editing

It would be really nice if I could get to edit the query on a collection with just one click, rather than having make 7 clicks. Even if it was just available from the Right Click menu that would be a huge improvement.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. clippy for collections

let clippy give admins advice on how to write better performing collections. #mmsmoa

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Create Collection by importing CSV or TXT of device/user

Many times during a project or deployment of a new software we will need to deploy to a specific set of computers. These will most of the times consists of a list of computer names in an Excel file. A native way when you create your collection to import a CSV or TXT with a list of device name to automatically populate your collection would be a very nice addition

30 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Collection Evaluation Priority

Most of my customers have high priority collections (like OSD or important applications) and normal/low priority collections where ā€œslowā€ evaluation is not a problem.
    For those high priority collections, it would be great if you could configure that the collection evaluation always runs first, even if other collections are in the queue.
    It would be great if you can configure the priority, like you can do it for content replication.

72 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Collection removes members after some time specified automatically

Clients stored in a (temporarily) collection by a direct rule remain there until someone takes care if this is still needed. In my case this is done for packages which fix some issues and need to run only once on each defined client. Yes, this can be done by compliance settings or a query but it is easier for support staff picking a client and place it into a collection that fixes something a user is complaining about in a service ticket.
    So the wish is, that the collection clears (not deletes) itself after a specified time.

You may haveā€¦

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Provide some Reporting of some kind to ascertain which clients are "Currently Internet"

Currently there is no reporting or way of creating a collection that targets IBCM Clients. It would be really nice if we could do reporting on how many users are connected via Internet.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Direct membership rule

As like Direct membership rule in adding machine to the collection, it would be nice if we have any rule for excluding single machines from the collection.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Show different icon for user and device collections in Application Deployment tab

Show different icon for user and device collections in Application Deployment tab.
    At this moment you see in the Application - tab Deployment the same icon for user and device collections. If that could be changed so that you see a collection-icon with a human head on top of it for a user collection and a collection-icon with an computer on top of it (see attachment). Then you can see what kind of collection the deployment is targetted, which helps for troubleshooting.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Changes only in case not understood while renaming collections

Minor bug and easy to work around, just thought I'd point it out:

Original collection name: "Foo Bar"

Action: Rename to "Foo BAR"
    Expected result: "Foo BAR"
    Actual result: "Foo Bar" (no change)

Action: Rename to "Foo Bar Baz"
    Action: Rename to "Foo BAR"
    Actual result: "Foo BAR"

Basically, if you rename a collection and change *only* the case, SCCM doesn't "get the memo" ;).

-Shashank

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base