Microsoft

System Center Configuration Manager Feedback

Suggestion box powered by UserVoice

Ideas

What features would you like to see?

All of the feedback that you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building System Center Configuration Manager, though we can’t promise to reply to all posts.

Please do not use UserVoice to report product bugs or for assisted support.
If you believe you have found a product bug, please send us a bug report through the Configuration Manager Console (1806 and newer). To do this, press the 🙂 button in the top right corner and choose “Send a Frown”. For more details, see https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sccm/core/understand/find-help.

If you require assisted support, please see https://aka.ms/cmcbsupport for more details.

Standard Disclaimer – our lawyers made us put this here ;-)
We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, so you can give us feedback. Please note that the System Center Configuration Manager feedback site is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. Please send only feature suggestions and ideas to improve Microsoft Configuration Manager. Do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. The ability to do a top down search on all collections.

Search collections from the top down. It would be great to have the ability to search for collections anywhere in the top of the tree down. If you have multiple collections it would be so easy to have a search all function at the top in device collections to search all

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Collections  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. add selected items to existing device collection - Acknowledgment window

When using "add selected items to existing device collection" option from a device , no confirmation or acknowledge window is shown.

It would be great to display a pop up window with information like "machine added to XYZ collection

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Exclude selected items to Existing Device collection

When we right click the collection, we can see Add selected items option where we can add the collection to existing collection or new collection. Also, we would like to have an option to Exclude the selected collection to existing collections

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. System up time column in Device Collection View

Would be great if we could see the system boot time or how long the system has been up in the collection views. Hopefully this info could be gathered via the mechanism that is getting the current logged on user. An example where it would be useful is just after patching to confirm the devices have restarted.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Display warning if Copying / cloning a collection with a Maintenance Window configured

It would be easy to Copy/Clone a collection with a maintenance window configured, and not realize your new collection now has a maintenance window set.

A simple pop up providing notification would be helpful.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. option to show whether the machine name's operating system is 32 bit or 64 bit

Need to have an option to show whether the machine name's operating system is 32 bit or 64 bit under the device collections under the header

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Create Collection based on Machine variables query

It would be nice to be able to create a collection based on non-encrypted machine variables. In my company we don’t have a good way to distinguish between customer service rep machines and back office people in the same office location without our CMDB data. Separating them in Active Directory OU structure is not the greatest idea. If we want to do something like this we have to use a script to create direct membership collections that contains thousands of machines.

Currently the only way to integrate 3rd party data would be a new HW scan of a client WMI…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I would like to be able to add PC(s) to multiple collections at once instead of one by one.

As it currently stands, if I want to add a PC to multiple Collections, I have to go through the process one by one. It would be nice to be able to add a PC to more than 1 Collection at a time.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Right-click Collection Deployments to View Deployment Status

I find it would be handy when viewing deployments to a collection, if a Right-Click option existed to view status - i.e. open the deployment status (Monitoring/Deployments/[Deployment]/Status).

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Collection column chooser filter and Search Criteria chooser list filter.

In collection view, when adding a column, a live filter search would be really great since there are so many items to choose now. Same for collection search criteria. I’m always searching for ‘Device Online Status’ and ‘Pending Restart’ to add these and I spend too much time looking for them in the ever growing list 😊 Thank you for all the amazing choices to add!
    Furthermore, it would be nice if changing search from ‘current node’ to ‘All Subfolders’ would not remove the filters I’ve endured the pain to create.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Display Collections "Evaluate time left" & "Incremental time left"

A feature to view the collections time left to evaluate and also the incremental time too.

This will help the SCCM admin to troubleshoot the endless amount of collections that have no members, poorly written queries and put a stop to unreachable incremental deadlines for the evaluation to complete. (A recent customer I have visited has all the above issues)

At a glance through the views, you will be able to see column info like:
    Start Time: 09:10 and End Time: 09:45 etc.

A bonus would be to have a breakdown pivot table report of all collections showing the following:

40 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Collections  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Trigger the Approval Workflow engine on a software deployment or collection count change

In our organization, we really like what we've seen for the Scripts Approval Workflow, where we are able to select 'Approvers' to authorize changes to a Script before deployment.

This is a powerful mechanism, we'd love to trigger the workflow mechanism in two other situations:

1.) We want to require Approval when a new deployment is created, and especially when a new OSD Task Sequence is deployed to a collection.

2.) What if we have an existing Deployment that targets a collection? Someone could edit the collection and then add an Include rule for 'All of Our Super Prod Servers…

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Override maintenance windows

Allow local admins to bypass the maintenance windows for deployments even if the deployment is hidden in the Software Center. Allow this on collections and individual clients. Usually needed for short notice deployments in education.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. "server group"

Add a confirmation window when enabling the Server Group setting on a collection. The placement of the checkbox is very similar to the Incremental Updates checkbox on the following tab. Have seen some admins enabling it by mistake, which causes problems.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Collections  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Phased deployments - Parent/Limiting and Child Collections

When creating a phased deployment, I would like to define a parent collection (for example, “All Win7” workstations) that will serve as a limiting collection for the collections defined on each phase. This would allow me to create collections for each phase (like rings; for example: Canary, Pilot, Production) that could be used across various phased deployments.

That way, if I target a Windows 10 Upgrade TS to my “All Win7” collection, with phases targeting the Canary, Pilot, and Production collections, it would go like this:
    - PCs in the Canary collection that are also in All Win7
    - PCs…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Collections  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Collections  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Collection membership history for Client Computers

It would be great to be able to see the membership history of individual client computers. This way we can check to see why certain deployments happened in the past. Personally have had this situation where we get a deployment to a PC mistakenly but the PC was removed from the collection so we have no evidence to report on why the deployment took place.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. In Depth Security role permission classification for SCCM administrator

Currently if we are providing collection modify permission within any security role, it allows SCCM user to opt Direct, Include, Exclude or query option to add/remove resources into the collection. Can we segregate these addition method to limit permissions for operations team ?

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Collections, View device model as additional column

I would like to be able to view the device model information within a collection from the admin console\device collections. This currently does not seem to be available from the menu when I right click on a collections column headings to add more columns.

I believe this may be useful as an additional way to ensure that mistakes have not been made when creating queries to populate collections with specific models\manufacturers.

As an example, I created a collection for a specific manufacturer that the computer object also had membership of a specific Active Directory OU. This resulted in the collection…

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base