Microsoft

Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager Feedback

Suggestion box powered by UserVoice

Ideas

What features would you like to see?

All of the feedback that you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager, though we canā€™t promise to reply to all posts.

Please do not use UserVoice to report product bugs or for assisted support.
If you believe you have found a product bug, please send us a bug report through the Configuration Manager Console (1806 and newer). To do this, press the šŸ™‚ button in the top right corner and choose ā€œSend a Frownā€. For more details, see https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sccm/core/understand/find-help.

If you require assisted support, please see https://aka.ms/cmcbsupport for more details.

Standard Disclaimer ā€“ our lawyers made us put this here ;-)
We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, so you can give us feedback. Please note that the Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager feedback site is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. Please send only feature suggestions and ideas to improve Configuration Manager. Do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. The WQL Query Builder should highlight, or mark indexed fields to encourage efficient query building.

Many people build inefficient queries simply because they are unaware of the indexed fields available for the views that are referenced by their query. Can the indexed fields be marked?

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinkingā€¦)
    0 comments  ·  Collections  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  2. Nesting Distribution Point Groups

Allow Nesting Distribution Point Groups.

We have an issue with not always wanting to replicate all content to all locations due to content size and applicability, but to specific locations determined by function.

Examples:
    Site A - Imaging DP Group. (Server DataCenter Environments)
    Site B - Imaging DP Group. (Desktop Environments)
    Site C - Imaging DP Group. (A mix of Environments and business units)

These three sites have different business functions. So while not all imaging content would be the same across the board. It would be nice to have if you could nest those three Distribution Point Groups intoā€¦

28 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Add "Right Click > Create Collection" to Boundaries and BG's

It would be awesome if I could right click a Boundary or Boundary Group and create a queried collection off of it.

For instance, we have satellite clinics where we have boundaries for each floor (ED, Urgent Care, etc). It would be awesome to be able to quickly create a collection based on that range

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. SCCM to maintain a new read only collection "All System Discovery"

I would like to suggest a new read only collection called "All Systems Discovery" maintained by SCCM itself where it would keep track of all System Discovery objects in it, similar to "All Systems" but instead this would repopulate with discovered systems on full discovery cycle. This collection would help SCCM admin to find active objects in AD at a glance without any additional efforts.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Collection include/exclude rule based on Compliance status on a Baseline

Include functionality to include or exclude members to a collection, based on their Compliance status on a specific Compliance Baseline.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Warning message for high-impact collection changes

When I started working with SCCM years ago I was told that you're not really an SCCM admin until you accidently deployed MS Office to the whole company. Through my years of working with SCCM I've seen many people update a collection not knowing that there was a mandatory deployment attached which resulted in the deployment getting sent to systems that were not intended.
    I would like to see a check/notification box added when a query based collection is updated that reminds you of the required deployments attached. This message will only show if an unexpired required advertisement is stillā€¦

73 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Noted  ·  1 comment  ·  Collections  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  8. Create collections per deployment results

It will be very suitable if new collections could be created per deployment results, e.g. create collection based on "failed" status in deployment

49 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Collections  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  9. Have preview button when building collections

When building collections (particularly query collections) it would be handy to be able to preview the devices/users in the collection as written before you commit. Today we have to edit the collection, update membership, refresh then confirm that the membership is correct. If you have a button inside of "Edit Query Statement" it would save a lot of hassle.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Add Pending Restart Option Under Criteria for devices

We don't have Option to Add "Pending Restart" Criteria While sorting devices Under Collection.

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. DELETE DEVICE FROM MULTIPLE COLLECTIONS

You can click on the device and select to list all included collections. Also, select to exclude this device from all collections shown.

34 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Maintenance window recurrence pattern offset from a base day

Allow the recurrence pattern for maintenance windows to be scheduled with an offset from a base day.

Meaning, if we want a maintenance window on the Wednesday following the Second Tuesday of every month, we could configure a maintenance window for the Second Tuesday with a +1 offset.

(This would be similar to the offset option added to ADRs in 1802.)

646 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Noted  ·  23 comments  ·  Collections  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  13. Add the ability to populate collections based on REST API call results

So we're starting to get a ton of functionality around making REST calls into ConfigMgr to do things, but I would love the ability for ConfigMgr to make a REST call into another system to populate a collection.

For example, grab all systems with the "VIP" attribute in ServiceNow and place them in a collection. Though this can be achieved today by pushing the data from ServiceNow into ConfigMgr or writing scripts around it, it would be much simpler if it was built in and supported to do these types of pulls. I envision it working just like a queryā€¦

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. be able to update excisting Collection in CM with Cmpivot

Be able to update membership in existing collection in CM from CMpicvot instead only create new

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. extract failed status

I would love the ability to query or better yet, create a device collection based on devices that have failed to install an application (or pending).

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Right click a device to create a Device Collection based on its properties

Allow a Right Click option on a single device to access the properties of that device (e.g, OS version, hardware type, installed software) and then select certain properties to automatically create a Device Collection based on those properties.

It would build a SQL query as would happen when you create a Collection today, but to have Config Manager fill in the bits you don't know would be great.

Like do I need OSVersion.Caption or .BuildNumber or .whatever? I just could pull the properties straight out of an existing device.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Identify Collections marked for AAD Group Sync

Be able to identify which collections are enabled for AAD Group Sync

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Show the collections a device is a member of

Hello,

I would also like you to put in the columns the collection option where when I do a search of a machine the information you give me is using but does not tell me which collection this machine would facilitate much information search

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Assets and compliance

In the Devices area can a column for the primary users email address from Active Directory or AAD be added and perhaps optionlly be able to add other AD or AAD user attributes.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Make it possible to copy a single collection multiple times, instead of just once per click.

When building out collections for whatever reason, you can presently only copy a collection by right-clicking and hitting copy, which creates a single copy of the collection. If you need, for example, 21 copies of the same collection, you have to go through that process 21 times. It'd be nice if there was an option in the context menu to select how many copies to make.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 9 10
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base