Microsoft

Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager Feedback

Suggestion box powered by UserVoice - Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

Ideas

What features would you like to see?

All of the feedback that you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager, though we canā€™t promise to reply to all posts.

Please do not use UserVoice to report product bugs or for assisted support.
If you believe you have found a product bug, please send us a bug report through the Configuration Manager Console (1806 and newer). To do this, press the šŸ™‚ button in the top right corner and choose ā€œSend a Frownā€. For more details, see https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sccm/core/understand/find-help.

If you require assisted support, please see https://aka.ms/cmcbsupport for more details.

Standard Disclaimer ā€“ our lawyers made us put this here ;-)
We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, so you can give us feedback. Please note that the Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager feedback site is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. Please send only feature suggestions and ideas to improve Configuration Manager. Do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Please add support for software metering of modern apps.

As per article https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/configmgr/apps/deploy-use/monitor-app-usage-with-software-metering , monitoring of modern apps is not supported. Most likely because of the amount of simultaneous processes being launched. But there should be an easy way to work around this and still have some form of metering on modern apps.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinkingā€¦)
    0 comments  ·  Asset Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  2. When applying a category to devices allow selection of multiple devices at once.

When applying a category to devices allow selection of multiple devices at once. I started using categories because it was really the only way we can annotate any information to devices. However when dealing with over 1000 devices, it would really help if you could select more than one device and apply a category to them all.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Allow more protocol options for managing assets behind a home NAT firewall.

Allow more protocol options for managing assets behind a home NAT firewall. This was always an issue for our organization (education/research) because of mobile devices. But these days (Covid, working from home) it has become even more common and still difficult to manage these remote computers effectively. How difficult would it be to create an established connection that the computer isolated behind a NAT firewall to the SCCM host so that we can communicate with them more easily. At this point I am even unable to tell what works and what doesn't. (Scripts don't seem to, Remote control doesn't, someā€¦

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Include the default boundary group as an option in the "Client Data Sources" boundary group options.

This would help discovery CM clients that might be showing up on new or poorly documented networks.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Add way to include comment on computer/user record

Iā€™d like to be able to add comments to a computer or user record.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Client MAC-Addresses shall be changeable!

Client MAC-Addresses shall be changeable!
    Dont assume them fixed in any case!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Possibility for subnet / IPV6 column

Make it possible under Devices to add Subnet or IPV6 Prefix column.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Let SCCM "learn" that when you delete a computer in AD it should do likewise or put in another container

SCCM as it is polling AD for computer accounts should learn that when a computer is deleted from AD it SHOULD do something with it, rather than leave the device list grow and grow

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Show Reserved Storage State in Hardware Inventory

Since Windows 10 1903, Windows can reserve disk space for features upgrade, it would be relevant to store Reserved Storage status in computers' hardware inventory.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. CM agent enable registration of Public IP address in use.

Please add the ability to the agent to detect the public IP (Internet ISP address) in use by the computer.
    CM Agent and CM Server can determine it gracefully for each host and add it into the assets database.
    That value could allow to CM console to filter it, e.g.: Assets having same Public IP in use; group Public IP by country; number of hops to CM Server; and so on.

Thank you in advance team.

Best regards,
    Daniel

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. resource explorer single click for copying data

enable single field clicking e.g. if i wanted a device serial number, to copy and paste that single field rather than every bit of information. E.g. i'm grabbing multiple serial numbers from sccm however I cannot copy and paste it, as it copies the whole field.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. I would love to see the ability to create collections directly from the Inventoried Software section of Asset Intelligence

Being able to right click an inventoried software and create a collection based on that inventoried software would be extremely helpful in easily affecting the computers for updates of said software.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Wake On LAN returns machine to previous state after a customisable time period.

It's great to be able to wake a machine up from Power Off or Hibernate to deploy software but being able to specify a time to stay awake before returning to the previous state would be great.

If I wake my client fleet at 0300 for a deployment which takes (say) 15 minutes, it is a waste of power to leave 2000 machines awake after the deployment.

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Import single Computerinfo <> MAC-Adress

On the Computerinfo-Dialog the only field that is not copy/past-enabled is the MAC-Adress field. Its not a Big Problem but every time i need to use it its not realy nice to write the compleate mac-adress by hand.

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Asset Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  15. End of Life

A good feature to include is the ability to scan a server/workstation and find software that is at or nearing end of life state.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Specify multiple wake-on-lan schedules

With each deployment I'd like to specify multiple WoL schedules.

Let's say our Maintenance Window is from 9PM-12AM. We do a deployment to only Install and Restart during this time. After the initial MW we see compliance at 80%. Our goal is 90% but what if, at that initial MW, these machines were off their dock, on a shelf, or at home? In this scenario we would almost never hit our compliance level.

For these scenarios I'd like to say 'Send WoL packets during every Maintenance Window until compliance hits 90%." That may be a bit complex but something inā€¦

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. OEM Windows license for use in TS, collections and reports

It would be great if we could check the OEM Windows license in the UEFI for asset management, OS Deployment and reports.
    My scenario is thousands of computers with OEM licenses comprising all from Windows Vista to Windows 10.
    To help the deployment of Windows 10 in the company we have bought hundreds of Windows 10 licenses.
    Therefore, we have to maintain a list of these licenses and the computers they are given to.
    I have a task sequence that checks the OEM license for Windows 10 in the UEFI and in a SQL database and then selects to installā€¦

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Show Last Boot time

I think it would be nice to add the Last boot time in client information settings. It would be some nice information to have sometimes.

Add information to General Information:

Last Boot time:

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Management Insight: Inventories approaching and violating max MIF size

There's already a UVI for two to increase the default maximum MIF size. Regardless of the size this seems like an easy Management Insight win. Let me know if the existing limit is being violated or if some devices are starting to get close so I can investigate why. Obviously we need to determine which devices are in question.

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Asset Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  20. Filter Asset Intelligence by collection

Asset Intelligence shows information for all the devices registered in SCCM, even though the user running the console can only see a subset of devices (i.e., via RBAC scope). Due to the fact that different console users need to see different Asset Intelligence data, it should be very nice they had a dropdown list to select the collections, or just show the devices based on their scope, similarly to the "\Monitoring\Overview\Security\Endpoint Protection Status\System Center Endpoint Protection Status" node. Thanks

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 3 4 6 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base