Microsoft

System Center Configuration Manager Feedback

Suggestion box powered by UserVoice

Ideas

What features would you like to see?

All of the feedback that you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building System Center Configuration Manager, though we canā€™t promise to reply to all posts.

Please do not use UserVoice to report product bugs or for assisted support.
If you believe you have found a product bug, please send us a bug report through the Configuration Manager Console (1806 and newer). To do this, press the šŸ™‚ button in the top right corner and choose ā€œSend a Frownā€. For more details, seeĀ https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sccm/core/understand/find-help.

If you require assisted support, please see https://aka.ms/cmcbsupport for more details.

Standard Disclaimer ā€“ our lawyers made us put this here ;-)
We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, so you can give us feedback. Please note that the System Center Configuration Manager feedback site is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. Please send only feature suggestions and ideas to improve Microsoft Configuration Manager. Do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Filter Asset Intelligence by collection

Asset Intelligence shows information for all the devices registered in SCCM, even though the user running the console can only see a subset of devices (i.e., via RBAC scope). Due to the fact that different console users need to see different Asset Intelligence data, it should be very nice they had a dropdown list to select the collections, or just show the devices based on their scope, similarly to the "\Monitoring\Overview\Security\Endpoint Protection Status\System Center Endpoint Protection Status" node. Thanks

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinkingā€¦)
    0 comments  ·  Asset Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  2. Make it easier to get Hardware and Software Inventory

It should be much easier for getting inventory of hardware and software. There are so many good inventory tools out there and SCCM just fail on that part.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Asset Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  3. more granular control over client settings

Would it be possible to add more granular control over client settings, for example by incorporating a GPO style Enabled, Disabled, Not Configured function. I particularly find multiple deployments of Computer Agent settings fiddly. Its not the end of the world, its just a bit clunky.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Possibility to add custom wmi classes

Part of the functionality seems to already be in the system, when adding a new Hardware inventory class. The point being the custom class(es) should be replicated to all providers, included in the database, and backed up when running the built-in backup task. This is useful when extending the console and striving for full integration, including the possibility to save settings and configurations.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Asset Intelligence - inventoried Software Enhancment

Im trying to use the report "License 15A ā€“ Third Party Software Reconciliation Report" to get lisence information and counts but there one issue I'm Facing . generating a report is mainly depending on the Product Name (PN). so i have to provide the same PN on the Excel Sheet for it to count. sometimes the PN contain Different version number or the architecture of the application which will make it the counting inaccurate since I have to add all the PN with version number in the excel sheet. it would be better to be able to compine these underā€¦

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. User Device Affinity: Temporary Assignments

We manage our systems using only usage based UDA. User defined and admin defined were not being updated regularly enough and our data got stale quickly.

We have since change to usage only UDA. Our challenge here is new devices or loaner devices do not have the applications available to the users until they meet the usage threshold.

A work-around that we have done is create a PS script to force a usage based UDA releationship between the user and the device. We assigned it to only our support staff, so users can't go installing apps on neighboring devices. Thisā€¦

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. More Device Top Level Segragation Options

It would be great to have more top level device segregation options. Currently we create lower level collections based on names for various departments, all other segregations/collection memberships generally require hardware inventories to have been performed before they can be processed. If these are servers or critical systems it may be too late and they are added to inappropriate collection before they are added to the collections to exclude them. It would be good to be able to separate out devices at top level collections by boundary, subnet or IP range. In order for complete segregation, we are looking intoā€¦

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Client uninstall and reinstall pop-up, add " Never show this msge again"

When I choose to "Install Client" and then choose to "Uninstall Client" add an option to the pop-up prompt about networking traffic that I can select "Never Show This Again". I get this prompt EVER SINGLE TIME I uninstall / reinstall the client.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I would like to see more Compliance assisting tools like Nithins SCCM Client Tool incorporated into SCCM.

Nithins tool allows you to turn on server services, fix wmi, run actions and fix issues, uninstall/reinstall client, ping devices, rerun advertisments, on several devices at once. Combines all of the tools you need for Compliance. Would be nice to not have to download other tolls for this.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. filter Surface devices dashboard on specific collections

The new Surface devices dashboard looks great. It will be nice to custom it with specific collections like the office 365 client management dashboard

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Seperate removal of users and computers

Currently the Delete Aged Discovery Data combines Users and Computers so they are tied to the same aging process for removal. My preference would be to have 1 week for disabled users and stick with our 180 days for computers. We are a fairly large company and go through a lot of users. So we end up with a lot of disabled users still in SCCM which makes finding information we need very tough. We have a lot of computers that go off line for a while so we don't want to delete them too soon since it is ourā€¦

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Set Time Zone in Client Settings

Setting of Time Zone in Client Settings (or for that matter, any "regional" based settings) as part of Client Settings would be very helpful. I've previous used Dynamic Variables in an OSD Task Sequence to set regional settings, but that only works where devices are built on that site. Having Client Settings applied to Device Collections that separate devices into regions would be awesome.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Create a new category for MUI / Language packs in asset intelligence

In asset Intelligence, MUI for an office application belongs to the same category as the application itself. So, when you list applications per category, you will receive a lot of extra records related to MUI that are not really useful. (ea: E-Mail and collaboration will return entries like Office 2013 MUI) Assigning MUI to a specify category will ease filtering.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Instant Membership Updates

When techs. add a machine to a collection for deployment, it takes a while for the machine to show up. The only way to speed up this process is to update the "All Systems" membership and the applicable membership of where the machine is. Can there be a way to make this process more responsive?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Import single Computerinfo <> MAC-Adress

On the Computerinfo-Dialog the only field that is not copy/past-enabled is the MAC-Adress field. Its not a Big Problem but every time i need to use it its not realy nice to write the compleate mac-adress by hand.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Asset Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  16. Specify multiple wake-on-lan schedules

With each deployment I'd like to specify multiple WoL schedules.

Let's say our Maintenance Window is from 9PM-12AM. We do a deployment to only Install and Restart during this time. After the initial MW we see compliance at 80%. Our goal is 90% but what if, at that initial MW, these machines were off their dock, on a shelf, or at home? In this scenario we would almost never hit our compliance level.

For these scenarios I'd like to say 'Send WoL packets during every Maintenance Window until compliance hits 90%." That may be a bit complex but something inā€¦

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Show Last Boot time

I think it would be nice to add the Last boot time in client information settings. It would be some nice information to have sometimes.

Add information to General Information:

Last Boot time:

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Management Insight: Inventories approaching and violating max MIF size

There's already a UVI for two to increase the default maximum MIF size. Regardless of the size this seems like an easy Management Insight win. Let me know if the existing limit is being violated or if some devices are starting to get close so I can investigate why. Obviously we need to determine which devices are in question.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Asset Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  19. End of Life

A good feature to include is the ability to scan a server/workstation and find software that is at or nearing end of life state.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Wake On LAN returns machine to previous state after a customisable time period.

It's great to be able to wake a machine up from Power Off or Hibernate to deploy software but being able to specify a time to stay awake before returning to the previous state would be great.

If I wake my client fleet at 0300 for a deployment which takes (say) 15 minutes, it is a waste of power to leave 2000 machines awake after the deployment.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 3 5 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base