Microsoft

Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager Feedback

Suggestion box powered by UserVoice

Ideas

What features would you like to see?

All of the feedback that you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager, though we can’t promise to reply to all posts.

Please do not use UserVoice to report product bugs or for assisted support.
If you believe you have found a product bug, please send us a bug report through the Configuration Manager Console (1806 and newer). To do this, press the 🙂 button in the top right corner and choose “Send a Frown”. For more details, see https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sccm/core/understand/find-help.

If you require assisted support, please see https://aka.ms/cmcbsupport for more details.

Standard Disclaimer – our lawyers made us put this here ;-)
We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, so you can give us feedback. Please note that the Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager feedback site is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. Please send only feature suggestions and ideas to improve Configuration Manager. Do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Uninstall ContentID missing from console

In version 1802 and below the uninstall Content ID is not visible in the console. Only the Install Content ID is visible next to the DeploymentType. That makes i hard to troubleshoot. Would be nice if you could add another column for the Uninstall Content ID next to the Install Content ID.
    I wrote a littel script to extract the ID from the SDMPackageXML as a workaround. See attached.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Asset Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Update asset management to include everything that is needed for license discussions (at least with Microsoft)

MAP Toolkit is a good tool but why should we have to use it when Asset Management is available in Configuration Manager? I'd expect to see edition of SQL Server, BIOS info on Windows licensing, virtualization rights, etc. in ConfigMgr. Reports are needed that would show number of processors/cores in front of products that are licensed based on number of processors/cores.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Asset Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Client uninstall and reinstall pop-up, add " Never show this msge again"

When I choose to "Install Client" and then choose to "Uninstall Client" add an option to the pop-up prompt about networking traffic that I can select "Never Show This Again". I get this prompt EVER SINGLE TIME I uninstall / reinstall the client.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Improve PC lifecycle management feature

ConfigMgr should have better PC lifecycle management.

E.g. following features:
    - Recognize potential devices that are removed from the network e.g. devices that are removed/disabled from AD, not active within ConfigMgr
    - When removing a device from ConfigMgr, the device should be removed also from AD/Intune/CMDB. There should be a way to provide a custom command to remove the device from 3rd party CMDB
    - Create a workflow with multiple conditions and steps with optional approval

124 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Create Boundaries based on OU membership.

We are have lots of groups that are coming into the company using VPN. As an example we can’t properly manage locations with many machines all coming into the corporate network via a common VPN and the IP addresses change every time and the network speed is a challenge. We end up flooding their pipe into the VPN so if we could use OU membership as a boundary we could managed the deployments.

23 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Add hardware inventory information to Devices view as selectable column

Make information from hardware inventory a selectable column in the Devices overview list.
    IS-Situation:
    The selectable column list is limited and does not include some very useful information.
    SHOULD-Situation:
    We should be able to select all inventoried fiels as a selectable column.
    Use cases for us would be:
    - Show Operation System "pretty" value (at the moment, there is NT Workstation X.Y, but we want "Microsoft Windows 10 Enterprise 1709").
    - Show serial number of the OEM.
    - Show device model of OEM.
    - etc.

152 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Asset Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. PrepDrv.inf Registration, potentially via ccmeval

In https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/3213242/software-metering-agent-fails-with-software-metering-failed-to-start-p, MtrMgr.log may indicate that the prepdrv is no longer successfully registered. A potential fix could be adding a CCMEval task which would detect if Metering is enabled on the client, and if so, confirm that prepdrv is successfully registered (read mtrmtr.log, but there may be a better programmatic way to do so), and if not successfully registered, register it.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Client Notification – Option to Collect a Full Hardware/Software Inventory

For troubleshooting purposes would like and option to run a full hardware/software inventory on a client under client notification. Because there are cases when you are trying to troubleshoot why HW or SW inventory data is not flowing into the SCCM database and the best way to do that is forcing the client to perform a full inventory and look at the logs. Delta inventories sometimes do not pick up changes on the client.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Add InventoryLog to replication

Add InventoryLog to replication in a hierarchy. This would allow the ability to query the table from the CAS.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Possibility to add custom wmi classes

Part of the functionality seems to already be in the system, when adding a new Hardware inventory class. The point being the custom class(es) should be replicated to all providers, included in the database, and backed up when running the built-in backup task. This is useful when extending the console and striving for full integration, including the possibility to save settings and configurations.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Fix Active Directory Discovery Attribute <Not Set> Bug

When an optional AD attribute has been selected for inclusion in AD discovery, if that attribute has a value at time of discovery, it is included in the discovery and reflected as part of the information for the user/computer/group object in CM. If that AD attribute is later cleared (changed to <not set> / NULL value in AD), discovery identifies that the attribute is a NULL value and purposely skips it from the discovery. As such, the user/computer/group object in AD falls out of sync with the AD attributes and continues to report the value even though it has been…

241 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  13 comments  ·  Asset Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Make configuration.mof changes and restores from backup more robust

Currently, changes to configuration.mof appear to be read in based on the timestamp of the file.

This means that if you restore configuration.mof from a backup, it will not be re-read into the database because the timestamp is older.

Recently I had to force a re-read of a backup of configuration.mof by making a trivial change to a comment in the file so that the timestamp was changed and thus hardware inventory would again run on my clients.

It would seem that perhaps a checksum of the file compared to a file that was read in previously would resolve this…

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Add the ability to add registry keys to the hardware inventory from the console

Add the ability to extend the hardware inventory to include registry keys simply by browsing and selecting the relevant keys, similar to the current functionality for adding WMI objects through the client settings in the console. This would avoid the need to use 3rd party tools such as regkeytomof and hacking the configuration.mof file.

72 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Advanced Security Audit and User Affinity

Please update SCCM to support the audit events generated using Advanced Security Audit instead of just the classic audit settings. SCCM should automatically detect the audit regime in use and look for the appropriate audit entries. SCCM should be able to manage user affinity for both Advanced audit and classic audit scenarios. Also remember that in many companies or projects, the people managing SCCM is not the same people managing GPOs.

23 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Show Last Boot time

I think it would be nice to add the Last boot time in client information settings. It would be some nice information to have sometimes.

Add information to General Information:

Last Boot time:

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. OEM Windows license for use in TS, collections and reports

It would be great if we could check the OEM Windows license in the UEFI for asset management, OS Deployment and reports.
    My scenario is thousands of computers with OEM licenses comprising all from Windows Vista to Windows 10.
    To help the deployment of Windows 10 in the company we have bought hundreds of Windows 10 licenses.
    Therefore, we have to maintain a list of these licenses and the computers they are given to.
    I have a task sequence that checks the OEM license for Windows 10 in the UEFI and in a SQL database and then selects to install…

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Ability to utilise Azure Traffic Manager with Cloud Management Gateway & Cloud DPs

I've dabbled with the deployment of Cloud management gateways, and Cloud DP's and one thing that I observed is that when you create the CMG or CDP you are specifying a region to deploy where you want the resource to be located (east US, West Europe, etc)..
    As someone who manages SCCM endpoints at a global level, trying to deploy resources to handle staff to operate across multiple geographic locations (US, Canada, Europe, Australia, New Zealand) you can imagine that I need a lot of Cloud resources to keep traffic local to the endpoints.
    It would be fantastic if there…

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. After 1702 upgrade Asset Intelligence reports no longer work. There is an error in XML document (1, 46648).

After 1702 upgrade Asset Intelligence reports no longer work. There is an error in XML document (1, 46648).

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Virtual Environments - User and Machine targeted members

Correct me if I'm wrong but it seems you can't mix a an SCCM/App-V 5 Virtual Environment with Machine and User targeted apps.
    e.g. Adobe Reader DC must be machine targeted and I'm trying to deploy User targeted plugins as they are licensed.
    You can achieve this with App-V 5 Connection Groups.
    BIG BIG failing if this is the case..

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Specify multiple wake-on-lan schedules

With each deployment I'd like to specify multiple WoL schedules.

Let's say our Maintenance Window is from 9PM-12AM. We do a deployment to only Install and Restart during this time. After the initial MW we see compliance at 80%. Our goal is 90% but what if, at that initial MW, these machines were off their dock, on a shelf, or at home? In this scenario we would almost never hit our compliance level.

For these scenarios I'd like to say 'Send WoL packets during every Maintenance Window until compliance hits 90%." That may be a bit complex but something in…

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base