Microsoft

Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager Feedback

Suggestion box powered by UserVoice

Ideas

What features would you like to see?

All of the feedback that you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager, though we can’t promise to reply to all posts.

Please do not use UserVoice to report product bugs or for assisted support.
If you believe you have found a product bug, please send us a bug report through the Configuration Manager Console (1806 and newer). To do this, press the 🙂 button in the top right corner and choose “Send a Frown”. For more details, see https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sccm/core/understand/find-help.

If you require assisted support, please see https://aka.ms/cmcbsupport for more details.

Standard Disclaimer – our lawyers made us put this here ;-)
We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, so you can give us feedback. Please note that the Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager feedback site is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. Please send only feature suggestions and ideas to improve Configuration Manager. Do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Hardware Inventory may collect Performance Data

With hardware inventory or another option, SCCM collect and sumarize data from performance monitor. The SCCM agent can start and stop the Performance Monitor.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Asset Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Make it easier to get Hardware and Software Inventory

It should be much easier for getting inventory of hardware and software. There are so many good inventory tools out there and SCCM just fail on that part.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Asset Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Put beside the device name the related user of the device for Reports, Lists,....

Put beside the device name the related user of the device (Primary User) for reports, lists, views, dialogs....

For us it is always good to see that relation fast. So an option to add here and there the column for the primary user) will be very heklpful.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Asset Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Add exclusions for Software Inventory

Provide a feature where exclusion paths can be provided for software inventory. Right now, I either need to accept all local hard disks or explicitly define every path that I want (which is unrealistic in a large enterprise).

I would like software inventory amended so that I can inventory every *.exe in C: with the exception of C:\IamTheSameOnEveryCorporateBuild, C:\Windows, etc.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Asset Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Asset Intelligence

Two ideas -
    Have a methodology to integrate license entitlements from an Enterprise Agreement (or select agreement) into asset intelligence. Perhaps in addition, there could be a report showing licenses under an expired agreement that you are no longer entitled to use (ie. any subscription based license).

Integration of the MAP toolset for license tracking purposes for licenses that are based on socket counts. For example, if you license the host for SQL Enterprise, there should be a way to roll up virtual instances to the host level to ensure compliance and report on them inside Asset intelligence. Assuming this…

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Implement a software installation/Uninstallation notification

I am looking for an option to get noticed when any software installed/Uninstalled from users workstation. We are frequently getting a request for this feature from customer side.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Cleanup Task only for Ressources with Decommisioned=1

Actually the Maintanance Task "Delete Ages Ressources" deletes all old ressources, whatever they are really deleted or they are only inactive for a specific time. There are no Option to clean up ressoures only in the DB which are really deleted (Decomissioned=1). If a Company has a large amount of deleted ressources in a short time, but also a lot of inactive ressoures, they cannot effective cleamup the SCCM DB.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Show Last Boot time

I think it would be nice to add the Last boot time in client information settings. It would be some nice information to have sometimes.

Add information to General Information:

Last Boot time:

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. OEM Windows license for use in TS, collections and reports

It would be great if we could check the OEM Windows license in the UEFI for asset management, OS Deployment and reports.
    My scenario is thousands of computers with OEM licenses comprising all from Windows Vista to Windows 10.
    To help the deployment of Windows 10 in the company we have bought hundreds of Windows 10 licenses.
    Therefore, we have to maintain a list of these licenses and the computers they are given to.
    I have a task sequence that checks the OEM license for Windows 10 in the UEFI and in a SQL database and then selects to install…

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Specify multiple wake-on-lan schedules

With each deployment I'd like to specify multiple WoL schedules.

Let's say our Maintenance Window is from 9PM-12AM. We do a deployment to only Install and Restart during this time. After the initial MW we see compliance at 80%. Our goal is 90% but what if, at that initial MW, these machines were off their dock, on a shelf, or at home? In this scenario we would almost never hit our compliance level.

For these scenarios I'd like to say 'Send WoL packets during every Maintenance Window until compliance hits 90%." That may be a bit complex but something in…

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Wake On LAN returns machine to previous state after a customisable time period.

It's great to be able to wake a machine up from Power Off or Hibernate to deploy software but being able to specify a time to stay awake before returning to the previous state would be great.

If I wake my client fleet at 0300 for a deployment which takes (say) 15 minutes, it is a waste of power to leave 2000 machines awake after the deployment.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 3 4 6 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base