Microsoft

System Center Configuration Manager Feedback

Suggestion box powered by UserVoice

Ideas

What features would you like to see?

All of the feedback that you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building System Center Configuration Manager, though we canā€™t promise to reply to all posts.

Please do not use UserVoice to report product bugs or for assisted support.
If you believe you have found a product bug, please send us a bug report through the Configuration Manager Console (1806 and newer). To do this, press the šŸ™‚ button in the top right corner and choose ā€œSend a Frownā€. For more details, seeĀ https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sccm/core/understand/find-help.

If you require assisted support, please see https://aka.ms/cmcbsupport for more details.

Standard Disclaimer ā€“ our lawyers made us put this here ;-)
We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, so you can give us feedback. Please note that the System Center Configuration Manager feedback site is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. Please send only feature suggestions and ideas to improve Microsoft Configuration Manager. Do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms.

How can we improve Configuration Manager?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinkingā€¦)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Update the Phone Number column for Assets and Compliance \ All Mobile Devices

Currently the Phone Number column for Assets and Compliance \ Device Collections \ All Mobile Devices when showing displays only a mobile device phone number from the Exchange Connector data using the EAS_Properties table in the ConfigMgr DB.

Since Intune Subscription is the more common connector used for mobile devices these days for mobile devices vs the Exchange Connector. Please update the stored procedures \ functions to assure that when a mobile device is enrolled or the hardware inventory is pulled and stored in the DEVICE_COMPUTERSYSTEM_DATA table that the data is also copied to the EAS table the Phone Numberā€¦

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinkingā€¦)
    0 comments  ·  Mobile Device Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  2. Home screen layout settings - iOS

Currently there is the ability to update homescreen layout in Intune Standalone. This feature needs to be made available in SCCM configuration manager.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/intune/home-screen-settings-ios

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mobile Device Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  3. Reset of Android mobile phone Factory Reset Protection (FPR) within SCCM/Intune

Google have added Factory Reset Protection (FPR) to their Android platform of Lollipop 5.1.1 onwards. If a reset request is sent to the mobile phone from SCCM, it does reset the phone but now the phone thinks it is an unauthorised reset and the FPR is now active. You need to now know the Google account detals which may not always be available.
    Would it be possible for SCCM/Intune to have in its reset proccedure the deactivation of the FPR as doing a reset from a Corporate enviroment is really an authorised reset.
    http://www.androidcentral.com/factory-reset-protection-what-you-need-know

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Allow domain password changes to synchronize to Intune managed devices

So we use CM2012 integrated Intune and mostly it works pretty well. however while we have an exchange connector and a email profile configuring Intune managed devices, what it can't do is synchronise any password changes for the devices Exchange configuration.

So my password expires yesterday, I change it to new one on my desktop PC all is good until I realised the day after that my Intune mobile device is not receiving any new email until I update the password on the device. We need a way to include that into the AD\Azure account synchronization and push the changedā€¦

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mobile Device Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  5. Deploy IOS APP without User apple ID

This Feature is available on other MDM solution.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Mac OS X client

Please release SDK for OS X integration into Configuration Manager if no extra support for OS X software deployment and management is going to be added. It would be helpful for the community if we had an ability to modify source code or utilize an SDK for both the OS X client and integration to the console so developers could add features that fit different environments.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mobile Device Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  7. 8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Give Intune user an option to select if the device is company owned or personal

When devices are enrolled to Intune in a Configuration manager integrated environment, devices are assigned as "Personal" by default. Admin can change this settings in SCCM Console, but this involves additional manual work. Instead user can be given an option to select who owns the device.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Mobile Device Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  9. Wipe Azure AD Joined Devices

at the Moment it's not possible to wipe a Windows 10 device, that is registered through Azure AD Join and Intune Auto Enrollment in a hybrid with SCCM. Please make it possible as a workplace joined device.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Please add the remote device actions to users primary device

You cannot perform remote device actions on a device from the users primary device screen. To perform a remote device action you need to go to a collection in which the device is. This is problematic when the device isn't easily tied to the user. I ended up using the device ID but that isn't optimal. Why can't we do remote device actions when viewing the primary device for a user?

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Intune Hybrid User Affinity w/ 2FA and Apple DEP

Right now there is no way to assign user affinity to a device procured through Apple DEP with Microsoft MFA enabled.

There is a workaround on the Intune standalone where it pushes the company portal app then the user signs in, but on the Hybrid side we cannot accomplish this and must resort to No Device Affinity profiles.

Having the option of "Optional User Affinity" would work as we could just skip past the Apple Configuration piece that doesn't work with MFA but accomplish the same thing by signing into the Company Portal after the fact (which doesn't work whenā€¦

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. IsSupervised field needs to be set when device is enrolled after a wipe/reset

This is a bug that needs fixing.

Using ConfigMgr 1710 in a hybrid configuration with Intune and devices synced from Apple's DEP after the initial enrollment if you wipe the device to enroll for a new user the IsSupervised field does not get set and the Activation Bypass options get greyed out.

Having a logged a call a workaround is possible by manually adding a record to the MDMDeviceProperty table but when you are managing 750+ devices with a high staff turnover manually adding this record every time really isn't practical.

The support team have told me to add thisā€¦

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Azure Aware SCCM Hybrid

I don't like that the Azure device dashboards throw multiple errors when running SCCM in Hybrid mode. I have to go to Azure to configure Conditional Access and the multiple errors are annoying at best. I guess this is more an Azure development but I would like the dashboard to be aware that MDM authority is with SCCM and adjust the blades/views accordingly

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Full phone number on Samsung Devices is not displayed

When I click on a Company Own Samsung mobile device profile the phone number has the first 6 digits as asterisks.

This causes a major issue with reporting.

There should be no reason the phone number should be hidden. It's not a private piece of information. If you are having your phone joined and managed through InTune, as the administrator, I should be able to know the full phone number of that device so I can actually call the user if there is an issue with their device.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Leave unenrolled mobile devices in the database

Cureently, when you unenroll a device from the Intune Company Portal, it gets removed from the SCCM database immediately, and we can't query or report on unenrolled mobile devices. It would be nice to have them remain in the database for a period of time, maybe 90 days, so that we can create a query, collection, or report to find recently unenrolled devices.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. invoke-cmdevicewipe

One of my client asked me to create a script to automatically selective wipe a mobile device that have not connect since 2 months.

I tried with invoke-cmdevicewipe but I can't do selective wipe. This powershell command is for a full wipe only.

It is possible to add a switch to this cmdlets or a new one to selective wipe a mobile device?

I also tried invoke-cmdeviceretire and it's not doing what they want.

Thanks

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Provide the ability to separate retire, wipe and delete resource permissions for different security roles

At the moment, a person requires the delete resource right to wipe/retire a device. Some organisations would prefer to separate the ability to delete, wipe and retire devices.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Find device for mobile Windows 10 clients

Now that Windows 10 contains a find my device feature for mobile devices.... I hope that SCCM will support it in upcoming release.

Hopefully this can be accomplished now that Windows 10 devices can be Azure AD joined.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Add Mandatory Option for Terms and Conditions Policy during Intune Enrolment Process

Currently, the Terms and Conditions policy in Intune is useless because is not mandatory. Users still can enrol their devices in Intune without confirming the Terms and Conditions.

Like on any stores (Amazon), if you don't accept terms and conditions, you won't be able to buy your items.

Since the solution control BYOD devices, it's important to make sure the users is aware of all operation tasks that can be made on his device. (Wipe)

Currently, terms and conditions acceptance is reported in Intune but as no value if it's not mandatory. Telling the users to go on the portalā€¦

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Switch the MDM authority from Configuration Manager to Intune

Migration path to change authority from CM to Intune without user interruption. This is documented as a feature to be released in 1610, but has not been released.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sccm/mdm/deploy-use/manage-intune-subscriptions

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base