Microsoft

Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager Feedback

Suggestion box powered by UserVoice

Ideas

What features would you like to see?

All of the feedback that you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager, though we can’t promise to reply to all posts.

Please do not use UserVoice to report product bugs or for assisted support.
If you believe you have found a product bug, please send us a bug report through the Configuration Manager Console (1806 and newer). To do this, press the 🙂 button in the top right corner and choose “Send a Frown”. For more details, see https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sccm/core/understand/find-help.

If you require assisted support, please see https://aka.ms/cmcbsupport for more details.

Standard Disclaimer – our lawyers made us put this here ;-)
We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, so you can give us feedback. Please note that the Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager feedback site is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. Please send only feature suggestions and ideas to improve Configuration Manager. Do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. phased deployment

For phased deployment, if any application is updated then phased deployment already created for it to be restarted.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Application Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. MAM (Mobile Application Management) policy for Windows platform

Currently MAM only supports IOS/Android platform.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Application Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Migrate approval requests between applications

Problem: When an application has "require approval" enabled we get a long list of users or devices where this application is approved for. But when I add a new application and delete the old, I loose all approvals! And the users need to request again.

This is a problem in multiple cases:
    1) Example 1: We have an application in version 1.0.1 that and get a new version 1.0.2 I want to make a new application and test this. When it is tested I want to turn on "superceede" and then remove the old application. The license is still valid…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Install application per device but without having to first deploy applications to collection

I really like the new feature (1906) to be able to install application from 1 device. But this only works when you deployed the applications available to a collection where the device is included.

Why not enable the option and than show all your created applications that you want to deploy?

We sometimes would like to be able to install an application for 1 device but we don't want to have to deploy it first to a device collection. We also don't want to have the application request about it.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Improvement of Application Delete check

When you want to delete an application, here are the checks that is done :

1.Number of dependent applications
    2.Number of active deployments
    3.Number of dependent task sequences
    4.Number of virtual environments
    5.number of settings

That's is all good, but one point has been forgotten: Supersedence.

Currently it is possible to delete an application even it is in supersedence chain. Which is not very good. If you let an applications in supersedece chain to get delete then in supersedece tab you have something like :

ScopeIdxxxxxx/Applicationxxxx

And this confuses the client when it comes to install this application.

…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Make Dependency Chains combine apps further down the chain if they are the same app

when looking at App 1 is dependent on App 2,3,4 and 2,3,4 are dependent on 5 it shows weird...

currently it looks like this:
    |
    / | \
    | | |

I'd like it to show like this
    |
    / | \
    \ | /

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. merge source with update

Servicing mode of Any package or application that are created like
    O365 Client to be patched or update thru an Software update that will modified the content (slipstream) with the latest version .
    like this we can use into an TS or any new Advertisement with the correct source uptodate.
    And spare bandwith and deployment time for be ready on User side (not creating an initial deployment that will be patched after by and Software update one) to achive the result of end user side to have the latest one.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Allow dependency to not run if parent is already detected

Add a checkbox to Deployment Type Dependency that will "Allow dependency to not run if the parent is already detected".

In other words, if the parent Application is deployed to a client, but the parent App Detection is already satisfied (it's already installed), do not install the dependency app if the option is checked.

This would be most useful in short-circuiting long dependency chains, where you don't need to install any prereqs for a dependency app because it is already installed.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Test deployment

It could be great to get a feature that lets us make test deployments.
    E.g. so we can test supersedence without stopping the old deployment.

Today if I want to test a deployment of an application that should supersede another, I have to actually supersede the old application to test the process of detection, uninstall, install, detection.

I have an update for an application that has to be installed on several classroom computers and tested towards an updated test server.
    With the test several weeks ahead of deployment, the old version should continue to install for anyone in need of…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Pass Return Code Across Dependent Applications

When installing an Application with dependencies, the ability to capture the dependent Apps return code and then perform a set of actions (run a custom script, additional child dependency, etc.) or have a series of extra settings that can be configured (wait until reboot/logon/additional action complete), would be very helpful.

For example: AppA has a dependency that will require a reboot but it must be initiated by the user. The ability for the primary App to get that return code and then "Hold until reboot" would be very helpful.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Complete and Robust Control of System Reboots

There are many suggestions about reboots, but really, generally, there needs to be a robust and completely customize-able way to configure EVERYTHING about system restarts in ALL circumstances. Ideally this would be in a dedicated module, with the ability to create multiple definitions that can be applied to maintenance windows, application and update deployments, OSD, etc..

That means everything.....what kinds of prompts the users sees, what their options are in terms of postponing, conditional rules based on whether a user is logged on or not, EVERYTHING.

The VAST majority of my user complaints about system maintenance are related to systems…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Ability to check if application is running before installing

Same as we have with the application deployment toolkit in powershell.

It will be grate to have a check if application is running before installing.

For ex: We want to update application A.0 . If the application is running user will be asked to close it before installing update A.1 or if not open it will install the update silenty. If the user try to open the application A.0 during the upgrade a pop-up notification will said that the application cannot be open while SCCM is upgrading it.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. More robust control of system restart

Now we have only two parameters for Restart behavior: time to show the first warning and time to show the 'always on top' notification. It would be better if we can configure some user-controllable options. E.g. possibility to postpone a reboot.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Noted  ·  0 comments  ·  Application Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Add a Date/Timestamp to an application when it's marked Retired

I would like to be able to see a "retired on" date for applications that are marked retired. This way if I see that an app was marked retired 3 or 6 months ago, we could work through and delete these from SCCM. Right now, there's not a good way to tell when an application was marked retired. If I'm wrong, please let me know! :)

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Detection method comments

Add a field for adding a note in detection methods. When you have a large list of detections it would be easier to update for changes if I knew what reason I put in for each detection.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Make it possible to disable device guard

Make it possible for the owners of a PC with Windows 10 Pro to disable device guard

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Add data access/distribution settings options to app/package creation

It would be great to have the ability to check the appropriate data access/distribution setting options from the get-go rather than having to go into the properties of each app/package and checking the appropriate boxes. Just having the options available when you create the app/package would save time.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Program

A workflow system (tab) for handling application/package errors (i.e non-zero return codes) for example; I should be able to config a setting of if the package/program gets an exit code of 1025 then handle it particular way or reboot try again 1 more time.

Suggested options could be
    - Reboot device, try again 1 more time (great for 1025 errors)
    - E-mail support team X on X failure
    - Execute package 'PackageID/ProgramID' then attempt 1 more time (great for clean up scripts)
    - Add to collection X on Y error.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Noted  ·  1 comment  ·  Application Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. dynamic application install fails if an app fails

I have made a "function" that searches the SQL-database for applications which the computer will see as required in Software Center once installed. With the resulting list I create the variable needed to install these in the step "Install Applications" with the option "Install Application according to dynamic variable list".
    With the option "If an application installation fails, continue installing other applications in the list" selected i see that the step fails to execute if an application does not have "Allow this application to be installed from the 'Install Application' task sequence action without being deployed".
    The execution of the…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Add uninstall content path to the Create Deployment Type wizard

Currently, in the New Deployment Type wizard, you can only specify a single content source. Now that we can have separate content source folders for uninstall, we have to create our deployment types without specifying this then edit the deployment type and add the second content folder. Please add the content options from the deployment type properties to the initial wizard.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base