Microsoft

System Center Configuration Manager Feedback

Suggestion box powered by UserVoice

Ideas

What features would you like to see?

All of the feedback that you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building System Center Configuration Manager, though we can’t promise to reply to all posts.

Please do not use UserVoice to report product bugs or for assisted support.
If you believe you have found a product bug, please send us a bug report through the Configuration Manager Console (1806 and newer). To do this, press the ? button in the top right corner and choose “Send a Frown”. For more details, see https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sccm/core/understand/find-help.

If you require assisted support, please see https://aka.ms/cmcbsupport for more details.

Standard Disclaimer – our lawyers made us put this here ;-)
We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, so you can give us feedback. Please note that the System Center Configuration Manager feedback site is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. Please send only feature suggestions and ideas to improve Microsoft Configuration Manager. Do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms.

How can we improve Configuration Manager?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Implementing a return code to reboot with fast retry

When an application is checking for pending reboot there is no way to create a reboot with fast retry. In my scripts, I am just doing a fast retry but if the user is out of the office the script may loop for a long time. If the session is logout why not rebooting with fast retry?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Application Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Application Details

It would be good to have the following options in Application Tab on SCCM console:

1) The "Size" tab as we have now for PACKAGES to check the actual size of it.
    2) The “Application ID” as we have for PACKAGES (packageID). Although we do see it under deployment tab but only if we deploy application to any collection. In case we only need to check the distribution status with any deployment being done, we have to go to content status tab and search with application name. This could be made handy as is done for Packages section.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Noted  ·  1 comment  ·  Application Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. When creating a package program, add the checkbox "Allow this program to be installed from the Install Package task sequence",

When you go through the wizard to create a new program for a package, it would be great to have the option to check the box "Allow this program to be installed from the Install Package task sequence without being deployed" in the wizard, rather than having to go back into the package/program properties and check the box.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Application Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. intune approval routing

We need the ability for application approval routing for intune apps.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Delete Applications with a feature to remove from DP's

Delete Applications/Packages with a feature to remove from DP's. This would save so much room.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Enable option to run a Program as 64-bit process

Currently programs can only run as 32-bit process, so you need to use workarounds (such as sysnative) to run as 64-bit. I would like the ability to run a program as 64-bit, just like you can do with a task sequence 'run command' and application.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Noted  ·  0 comments  ·  Application Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. When deleting an application, have the process be similar to deleting a package where it shows exactly what is referencing the application.

When deleting an application, have the process be similar to deleting a package where it shows exactly what is referencing the application such as which task sequences or application dependencies.

Hunting for the task sequence references is a pain. :(

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. add direct membership if app installed during TaskSequence (App Properties-General Information - Allow this application to be installed fro)

Add property into Application next to checkbox -> 'Allow this application to be installed from task sequence action without being deplyed.'

The new property can contain 'Collection name' to which will be made direct membership at the end of Task Sequence if the Appplication is successfuly installed during Task Sequence.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Fast uninstall step for "required Applications"

i got a collection with all Clients, which were installed through osd. after that i deploy all OSD-Apps to this Collection (required). if i troubleshoot a client,i need the option to fast uninstall one of the required application. i need to delete the app from the collection and wait for the client check.after that i can redeploy the app. it would save a lot of time for me..

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Add detection methods based on the absence of files or folders.

This option can be useful when you have two deployments that have almost the same detection methods, the same collection (or two collections containing the same computers) to target, and one of them replaces the other. Otherwise you have to mutliply collections or global conditions, which overload the server unnecessarily.

This also poses a reinstallation problem, the replaced application is systematically detected and uninstalled and its replacement is reinstalled at each application deployment evaluation cycle.

For example, the application A has for detection method "The file f1 exists" and the application B for for detection method "The file f1 and…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. add application catalogue install report

It would be useful to be able to have a default report created which shows the total number of software installed through the catalogue method. This would be useful when reporting back to management the amount of time saved through end users installing themselves, rather than time spent pushing out, amending collections, or manually installing.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Noted  ·  0 comments  ·  Application Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. As soon as possible behavior for existing deployments

When you update a deployment and change the 'Schedule the application to be available at', if 'As soon as possible after the available time' is ticked this should automatically update the installation deadline to be the same. I have had deployments go out as the schedule is earlier than the available time.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Application Controling

Ability to create a Rules for allowing Or denying applications to be Run or installed/ Ability to create a List of Approved software's for Usage and Deny the Rest "Same Idea Like App Locker but applied through SCCM"

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. User centric application deployment with dependencies requiring elevation

If we talk about modern management, we deploy applications to user collections. In that case detection method PowerShell scripts are executed in user context and not System. This behavior is inherited to dependencies, but the dependencies may require elevation.
    E.g., if you want to deploy a Microsoft Store based Linux distribution via CM to users, you need to install the Microsoft Windows Subsystem Linux first. The detection for WSL in PowerShell is “(Get-WindowsOptionalFeature -Online -FeatureName Microsoft-Windows-Subsystem-Linux).State”, but it requires Elevation.
    In you create an appx-based Linux Distribution application with the WSL application as Dependency it fails if it is deployed…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Support wake up clients via wireless networks (WoWLAN)

It would be great if ConfigMgr would support waking up clients which are connected to wireless networks and support wake on WLAN (WoWLAN) (in all scenarios where ConfigMgr todays supports already WoLAN). I heard rumors that this works already today (?) because the same kind of wake up packages are used by WoLAN and WoWLAN (?) but this scenario is at least still documented as unsupported, see

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sccm/core/clients/deploy/plan/plan-wake-up-clients

I would appreciate a hint if this might work really already today. My customer would love to evaluate/use it today.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. The option of reset the deploy status of a deploy wihtout create a new deploy

The option of reset the deploy status of a deploy, without create a new deploy

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. MAM (Mobile Application Management) policy for Windows platform

Currently MAM only supports IOS/Android platform.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Migrate approval requests between applications

Problem: When an application has "require approval" enabled we get a long list of users or devices where this application is approved for. But when I add a new application and delete the old, I loose all approvals! And the users need to request again.

This is a problem in multiple cases:
    1) Example 1: We have an application in version 1.0.1 that and get a new version 1.0.2 I want to make a new application and test this. When it is tested I want to turn on "superceede" and then remove the old application. The license is still valid…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Improvement of Application Delete check

When you want to delete an application, here are the checks that is done :

1.Number of dependent applications
    2.Number of active deployments
    3.Number of dependent task sequences
    4.Number of virtual environments
    5.number of settings

That's is all good, but one point has been forgotten: Supersedence.

Currently it is possible to delete an application even it is in supersedence chain. Which is not very good. If you let an applications in supersedece chain to get delete then in supersedece tab you have something like :

ScopeId_xxxxxx/Application_xxxx

And this confuses the client when it comes to install this application.

Would be…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. merge source with update

Servicing mode of Any package or application that are created like
    O365 Client to be patched or update thru an Software update that will modified the content (slipstream) with the latest version .
    like this we can use into an TS or any new Advertisement with the correct source uptodate.
    And spare bandwith and deployment time for be ready on User side (not creating an initial deployment that will be patched after by and Software update one) to achive the result of end user side to have the latest one.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base