Microsoft

System Center Configuration Manager Feedback

Suggestion box powered by UserVoice

Ideas

What features would you like to see?

All of the feedback that you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building System Center Configuration Manager, though we canā€™t promise to reply to all posts.

Please do not use UserVoice to report product bugs or for assisted support.
If you believe you have found a product bug, please send us a bug report through the Configuration Manager Console (1806 and newer). To do this, press the šŸ™‚ button in the top right corner and choose ā€œSend a Frownā€. For more details, seeĀ https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sccm/core/understand/find-help.

If you require assisted support, please see https://aka.ms/cmcbsupport for more details.

Standard Disclaimer ā€“ our lawyers made us put this here ;-)
We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, so you can give us feedback. Please note that the System Center Configuration Manager feedback site is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. Please send only feature suggestions and ideas to improve Microsoft Configuration Manager. Do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Dynamic Deadlines on Deployments

I would love to be able to configure deadlines that are based on how long a device/user has been in the collection. This way, the deployment will be "available" for, say 7 days, and then will become required. This would allow the use of 1 collection and deployment to be used over time.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinkingā€¦)
    0 comments  ·  Application Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  2. user notifications - task sequences

Install behaviour and inplace upgrade task sequences user notifications could benefit with some improvements.

If users don't meet the set criteria, i.e. have the open application or don't meet the upgrade readiness check, the message to the user shows failure and reports as failure. This is not accurate, it should request the user close affected programs and if it doesn't meet the requirements for upgrade i.e. low disk space, not enough memory, it should display a user friendly message explaining the issue to the customer. A new category, failed readiness check should record this.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Application Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  3. edit custom requirements

Once you create a custom requirement, you can then not edit the custom requirement under the Create Deployment Wizard type. We should have an edit button to edit the custom requirement you created.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Application Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  4. In app approval for new deployments, let us have templates based on roles in the Org.

In app approval for new deployments, let us have templates based on roles in the Org. like CIO, CEO, CTO etc or AD/Office 365 groups where multiple people can approve where this can be can be reported in Teams etc. This way it will be easier to deploy apps an attach approval.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Be able to see if the deployment group is a user group or a computer group in the deployment tab

As we can see the information Grouping name, Mandatory or not ..., would it be possible to see if the group on which we are deploying is a user or a computer?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Task Sequence Applications removal/update.

When you are retiring an application it would be extremely convenient if you were given an option to remove it from all task sequences or update it to the newer version. A small prompt could walk you through this and easily help get everything setup for a very clear removal or swap of applications.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Distribution package with no sources

The scenario which I am able to duplicate is:
    Create package with sources, distribute it and wait for successful distribution. Uncheck option that the package has sources and then we can see that DP is still trying to distribute the package.
    Properties of package can be changed by mistake but if the product is not working like there should not be possible to change the package properties - uncheck the option that package has sources should be not possible.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Add a right click option to see what task sequences an Application is associated to.

Add a right click option to see what task sequences an Application is associated to.

This make 'supersede' application easier to identify.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. import multiple applications at one time

I always have three version of Flash to import. Flash for Active-X, Firefox, and Chrome. I'm just using Flash as an example.

All of the installers are .msi I'd like to create a folder called "sources" place all of my .msi files in the "sources" folder then click import. The import wizard would import all of the .msi applications and place the source .msi in a target folder automatically for deployment. Maybe include a template in the import wizard. The template would be the same for all imported .msi applications. Example install for Device, Only Show notifications for restarts, Silent/Hiddenā€¦

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Add User Categories to application list (column and search)

Would really great addition, if we can have ability to sort and search application based on User Categories. In large organizations where thousands applications exists, using filters in Software Center is only way to make user life easier. However managing categories is really difficult, since we need to actually enter app properties to see what categories are assigned. making exact copy in admin categories is one way to do it, but I don't think admin categories were created to be a shadow copy of user categories.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Application Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  11. AppDiscovery Evaluation Bug

As of 1709, App discovery appears to be running based on priority, not dependency order. This is a change in behavior from previous releases and can cause an issue when the detection method is based on the dependency being installed.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Allow a deadline time in which required application installs can be installed outside of maintenance windows

It would be nice to see an option where you can set an application deployment to run outside of the maintenance window after a specific amount of time has passed. Sometimes it is hard to catch laptops in a MW and I generally set myself a reminder to allow install outside of MW to workstation deployments after a few weeks have passed but it would be nice to see this as a feature as sometimes I forget and I am sure not the only one who would find it useful

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Approval Requests - change relation from GUID to Device Name

is it possible to change that relationship of request and device from GUID to device name, or even Hardware ID, something that is constant. In perfect environment it is ok, but in the though reality large environments struggling with many issues. One is that Clients are registered with new GUIDs for many reasons. When request is approved and then this relation ship is lost, because new account for the same machine, users are asked to re-request the same app. It has even more impact with new features when we can push software automatically and remove as well. Worst scenario possibleā€¦

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Allow Uninstall in Phased Deployments

Allow for uninstalling an application using Phased Deployments. This would work the same as a normal phased deployment, but give the option of uninstalling an application.

Example Case: We need to slowly uninstall Java JRE from all 10,000 of our clients. We would like to use a Phased Deployment that runs the uninstall command in our Java JRE application to slowly remove Java JRE over a period of weeks.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Separate settings for aplication installs and uninstalls

Sometimes naughty programs require user input for uninstalls, yet their installs can be done automatically. These user input windows will often not appear for the account that is logged in. For these types of applications, it would be nice if we could specify their install be done as system, and uninstall be done as user. So I think the install and uninstall should each have separate settings in the application user experience tab.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Allow Package Properties and Package monitoring nodes to open in same pane

Allow Package Properties and Package monitoring nodes to open in same pane. Going between Monitoring and back to Packages and/or Application for Source location to view Content Status vs. the Content is somewhat unproductive. When I go to a package, and View Status, it takes me away from my package.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Deployment specific maintenance windows

Add an option on the User Experience tab for all deployments to specify a maintenance window that overrides all other windows and only applies to that particular deployment. The deployment should not run during any other maintenance windows available to the system if you configure this option either. This maintenance window should only be available for this deployment and not any other deployments targeted to the system.

This would be a good option if you're generally loose with your maintenance windows to allow deployments more chances to run, but if you need to restrict a particular deployment to only runā€¦

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Deployment Types - Installation Program Arguments

Keep the current single box for 'Installation Program' and ' Uninstall Program' under the 'Programs' tab in a deployment type... however allow admins to select 'granular' switches or arguments.

So in this option, the admin would have:
    A 'pre-program install' argument field.
    A 'program' field.
    And a 'post-program install' argument field.

The same for un-installations.

Additionally to this, I imagine the granular options will have a new window.
    This windows should also have a 'explore program' button, which when clicked brings up the potential switches or arguments for EXE / MSI / MSIX / etc. Allowing users to select theā€¦

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. office display level

Well, not really an idea. I'm on SCCM 1806. I created an Office installation using ODT. When I go to ODT, it is missing an option for Display Level. Not a big deal. I can just go to the xml file, find the display level property and change it from Full to None. Also, there are properties in the xml that don't need to be in there. I think it is more a ODT issue. For example, PinIconsToTaskbar is not required if the value is false. Anyway, I love that the tool is incorporated into SCCM. I think it saveā€¦

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base