Microsoft

System Center Configuration Manager Feedback

Suggestion box powered by UserVoice

Ideas

What features would you like to see?

All of the feedback that you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building System Center Configuration Manager, though we canā€™t promise to reply to all posts.

Please do not use UserVoice to report product bugs or for assisted support.
If you believe you have found a product bug, please send us a bug report through the Configuration Manager Console (1806 and newer). To do this, press the šŸ™‚ button in the top right corner and choose ā€œSend a Frownā€. For more details, seeĀ https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sccm/core/understand/find-help.

If you require assisted support, please see https://aka.ms/cmcbsupport for more details.

Standard Disclaimer ā€“ our lawyers made us put this here ;-)
We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, so you can give us feedback. Please note that the System Center Configuration Manager feedback site is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. Please send only feature suggestions and ideas to improve Microsoft Configuration Manager. Do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow install and uninstall of applications in Application Group

The TP 1905 Application Group allows to select multiple applications, but you can only install or uninstall the entire group and not individual applications.

It would be neat to allow selecting whether those individual apps in the group should be installed or uninstalled. For e.g., in an app group for a specific user profile, I could deploy app1 as install, app2 as uninstall and app3 as install in that order.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinkingā€¦)
    0 comments  ·  Application Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  2. Place the client Version and Client status (Active or Inactive) in Software Center

Placing the clients version and status in Software center would help to see if the client is having issues (Active or Inactive) and also see if the version needs updating instead of going into the applet in control panel.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Noted  ·  1 comment  ·  Application Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  3. The ability to replace an application in all task sequences at one time.

The ability to replace an application in all task sequences at one time.

(Scenario: I have many task sequences for multiple regions, and have the same application in all of them. Then an updated version of the application is released, and I'd like to update all of the task sequences with the updated version instead of doing it individually in each task sequence. I'm not ready to remove the old app from SCCM yet in case some of our techs need it. I usually keep the outdated app for 3 months before removing from SCCM.

****Plus a bonus would beā€¦

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Application Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  4. Create ā€œmaster-applicationsā€ and download user specific settings as a deployment type.

I would like to see the option to have one deployment type as a base for all our customers and then add customer specific settings an other deployment type.

Example 1:
    Adobe Acrobat XI Pro would be the default deployment type and the MST-transform file, containing user customizations and license information, downloaded based on OU-Membership or some other variable and applied during the installation.
    Example 2:
    Office 2013 ProPlus as the default deployment type and the ā€œMSPā€, containing user customizations and license information, downloaded based on OU-Membership or some other variable.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Noted  ·  1 comment  ·  Application Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  5. Depend

Choose package for application Dependencies

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Create Program Wizard Dialogs should be stretchable so that they can be taller.

Specifically the Requirements dialog in the wizard under platform requirements can vary in the number of Platforms displayed, if the dialog was expandable by dragging the corner or bottom down we could see more platforms AND is should remember the stretch so we don't have to do it every time.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Deployment Types - Templates

So the deployment template will sit at the 'top' of deployment types of an application.

Admins could then choose which deployment types would use the template in a new tab called, let's say 'deployment types applied to'.

Admins would use tick box options on each tab, to choose what they want to be active in the deployment type template.

So as an example. You could have x86 and x64 deployment types where all the tabs, bar the 'Programs' tab, as set by the template.

This way you set the template once, add the x86 and x64 deployment types and youā€¦

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Volume Activation should be built into SCCM

Rather than having added tools like the Volume Activation Management Tool this should be built into SCCM.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Application Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  9. Ability to deploy an Applications "Incremental Test" version to certain test computers

Scenario :
    I have an application that is deployed to all computers in my environment. The live version of that application is 1.2
    I then want to be able to create a new version (1.3) of THAT same application and only deploy those changes to a certain set of testcomputers.
    When all testing is done I want to change the "LIVE" version of the application to 1.3 and this will automatically deploy version 1.3 to all my computers.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Microsoft Application Package

**NOTE: I'm new(ish) to SCCM. So if the below request is something already offered and I'm overlooking it, please let me know.**

Think Microsoft needs to supply an Application Package that encompasses most; if not all, Microsoft owned products for easy integration into SCCM. For example, instead of me having to download PowerBI Desktop and creating a package in SCCM to deploy it to users computers and servers. The SCCM team should already have that application available in SCCM and I can either authorize it for deployment to certain collections based off a generic package/template you all create, or Iā€¦

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Please build an MSI wrapper into a console release.

Just to make like easier, why not build in an MSI wrapper tool into the console.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Application Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  12. Add a column option on Applications and Packages to show # of DPs

Might seem like a silly thing, but a column added to Applications and Packages that will show the number of DPs that have the application or package on it.
    Often times a high overview of how many DP's have the package can help determine if we need to distribute it to other DPs.

Case in point: When we build test applications, we tend to want to deploy the application to our local DP before we deploy it to the other DP's so we can ensure things work before distributing it.
    Sometimes we need to browse through each application to seeā€¦

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Option to tag production Packages (SU,Drivers, ...), Applications, TaskSequences

Provide an Option to tag Packages that are productive. This tag should make them read-only (until untagged) and maybe give the dialogues a different color. So all untagged packages would be in development and can be changed (this will also keep operations as is today if not used). On top it would be great to delegate that right (to set or unset that tag) using RBAC to dedicated release managers (away from the packaging team). Also tagging a task sequence and with that all reference packages would be great.
    Copying such production packages should be possible to create new releaseā€¦

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Application Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  14. Integrate certificate for AppX applications

When deploying AppX applications through SCCM you require a certificate that is provided by the publisher.

Although you can deploy the certificate using SCCM it is a separate process to the application deployment.

It would be good to integrate the certificate with the application itself. It would be even nicer if there were options for creating alerts for certificate expiry for the application too.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. The integration between APP-V and SCCM should leverage more of the APP-V scenarios of deployment.

Example: when deploying an APP-V package to a user collection as available via SCCM, the end user will have to go to the Application Catalog, look for the application and to install the APP-V package. The same scenario via APP-V will make the application available to the user in a shortcut at the start menu, when the user sees the shortcut and decides that is necessary to use that application, it simply click on the shortcut and the APP-V in the background makes the application available.
    The scenario is more likely to have like a WSUS and SCCM integration, thatā€¦

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Maintenance Windows vNext

Please do not force us to use UTC for maintenance Windows in vNext. This will overcomplicate MW's across multiple time zones.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Noted  ·  0 comments  ·  Application Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  17. Edit master list of Return Codes for Deployment Types

I would like to edit the default list of Return Codes that are used in Deployment Types. We often use WinRar executables which adds 1000 to all exit codes. And we also have our own applications which use their own codes. It would be nice to edit the default list to include these so we dont have to do it for each deployment type.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Unique Software IDs (SCCM-ID)

In our SCCM environment we use unique Software IDs (SCCM-ID) for Applications and Packages.
    At the moment the field "Adminstrator comments" is being used.
    An optional field for Software IDs under "General Information" would be very helpful.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Add an "All Items" category to Software Center

Please add an "All Items" category to Software Center and have this displayed by default whenever a user clicks on a notification/toast. This would eliminate the dozens of calls we get from the end-users who ask "where's the update I was just asked to apply"?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Noted  ·  0 comments  ·  Application Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  20. notification for updated windows store for business apps

I love the Windows store for Business integration within SCCM. It makes my job considerably easier since my company's IT Security team doesn't want the store to be open. It would be highly beneficial to be able to set up an alert for when a Store app gets updated. This would allow a more seamless experience for our users.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base