Microsoft

Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager Feedback

Suggestion box powered by UserVoice

Ideas

What features would you like to see?

All of the feedback that you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager, though we can’t promise to reply to all posts.

Please do not use UserVoice to report product bugs or for assisted support.
If you believe you have found a product bug, please send us a bug report through the Configuration Manager Console (1806 and newer). To do this, press the 🙂 button in the top right corner and choose “Send a Frown”. For more details, see https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sccm/core/understand/find-help.

If you require assisted support, please see https://aka.ms/cmcbsupport for more details.

Standard Disclaimer – our lawyers made us put this here ;-)
We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, so you can give us feedback. Please note that the Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager feedback site is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. Please send only feature suggestions and ideas to improve Configuration Manager. Do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Option to use SYSTEM context for detection method for a user-based application deployment

The application detection method only runs in the user context if it is deployed to a user collection. This would be reasonable if the Deployment Type user experience were set to "Install for User" (User context), however the detection method runs in the user context when this is set to "Install for system" installation behavior (SYSTEM context).

73 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Noted  ·  9 comments  ·  Application Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Have a parallel "on every User" Part at Application Modell

This feature was at a very old "Netinstall" Version - and it was very usefull.
    If i install my software to a Computer not to a user i can use the normal msi-installer function of the Application Model.
    Now i would ship a user-config for any user on this Machine.
    So the exact Thing "Active Setup" does.
    But Active Setup isn't easy to use and not transparent so i can see on a Packe-List at the Console with Package has a User-Action.

So it would be Nice to add optional a script, command etc. that would be executed after a…

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Application Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Support upgrading of Windows Store for Business offline apps without requiring to uninstall

At the moment (1610) the detection and superseding process for WSfB offline apps does not work. The old version is installed, and the new version detects as being installed but it isn't. The only way the upgrading works is if the supersede option to uninstall the previous version is checked - unfortunately this also deletes the local app data, shortcuts and tiles.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Noted  ·  0 comments  ·  Application Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Set printing default settings to "one page"

Default settings for printing to "one page".

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Application Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Ability to schedule the deletion of applications in Retired State

I would like the ability to change the default 60 day time limit that deletes applications that are in a retired state. Would be great to have the ability to change that setting added under maintenance tasks.

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Noted  ·  1 comment  ·  Application Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Enable use of collection and computer variables in application model

For the same reasons that computer and collection variables are useful and strategic for OSD, they would also be with the application model. Examples:
    + Customizing command-line parameters for installation
    + Leveraging in scripts for the protection of secret/sensitive data like passwords or product keys

67 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Noted  ·  5 comments  ·  Application Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. MSI feature management

It would be great if the Deployment Types had a feature to manage MSI features.

Currently I have a need for it for Microsoft LAPS.
    All our machines need the CSE feature and select employees need the Management and Management.UI features.

Using the default detection method making two different applications with the same MSI, installing different features, will result in the second application to run to evaluate as installed before it runs.
    Making detection methods for the different features of an MSI can be difficult work.

An ability to manage the features in an MSI via Deployment Types and Detection…

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Allow application install only on logon/logoff screen

Hi

A great thing would be install an application on logon screen or after a User logged off.
    So every application is closed.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Noted  ·  2 comments  ·  Application Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Fast uninstall step for "required Applications"

i got a collection with all Clients, which were installed through osd. after that i deploy all OSD-Apps to this Collection (required). if i troubleshoot a client,i need the option to fast uninstall one of the required application. i need to delete the app from the collection and wait for the client check.after that i can redeploy the app. it would save a lot of time for me..

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Application deployment troubleshooting failures - dashboard

A Dashboard to see which devices had a particular application fail to deploy. The Dashboard lists the devices. Next to devices there would be a column with a possible reason why the application failed to deploy and possible solutions to fix the problem.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. import multiple applications at one time

I always have three version of Flash to import. Flash for Active-X, Firefox, and Chrome. I'm just using Flash as an example.

All of the installers are .msi I'd like to create a folder called "sources" place all of my .msi files in the "sources" folder then click import. The import wizard would import all of the .msi applications and place the source .msi in a target folder automatically for deployment. Maybe include a template in the import wizard. The template would be the same for all imported .msi applications. Example install for Device, Only Show notifications for restarts, Silent/Hidden…

23 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Application Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Detection rule use application source files

Sometimes you need to run an executable to detemine if the application is installed or not. For example: setup.exe /listinstalled.
    today it is not possible to access the content location (mostly the cache directory) of the application.
    Is it possible to allow access to the content location of the application in the detection rule?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Noted  ·  0 comments  ·  Application Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. App Model Optional User deployment behavior

App Model - Optional User Deployment - When user policy is recieved, perform app eval to check if app is installed, if so show as installed in Software Center. (Currently it doesn't evaluate and shows option to install even if already present. When you click the install button... it then performs the evaluation and changes to installed and provides the uninstall button. This is confusing to our end users)

49 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Noted  ·  3 comments  ·  Application Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Mac Script Installer deployment type

Today the only deployment type for Mac is to use the ".cmmac" packages.
    These packages are far from on par with what is available for Windows.
    The most basic option to uninstall the app is not present.

It would be very usfull to have the "Mac Script Installer" deployment type where we can simply add a .pkg file or bash script with media and execute install and uninstall with custom commands. Some of the packages require more then just the .pkg file and will therefor be incomplete.
    Having a uninstall command will also allow for propper supersedence where now application…

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Increase Security: Suspend BitLocker PIN entry on restart

SCCM 1610 (current branch)
    Windows 10

Suspend BitLocker PIN entry on restart
    Used Setting: Always
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sccm/core/clients/deploy/about-client-settings

Repro Steps:
    1. 06:00 AM: User is logged on to his Windows 10 Client and is working
    2. 07:00 AM: SCCM install Software on Windows 10 Client, which requires a reboot
    3. 07:00 AM and later: User does not click on "reboot now" on shown SCCM restard dialogs

Note: Reboot deadline is configered to: 4 hours

Current behaviour:
    a) 07:00 AM: Bitlocker PIN is suspended
    b) 11:00 AM: Reboot is initiated by SCCM, as deadline is passed

Desired behaviour:
    a) 11:00 AM: Bitlocker PIN…

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Application Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Export/Archive Apps with all Informations on Filesystem

An option to Export Apps/Packages to Filesystem would be perfect. If i remove an SCCM App i can copy the Sources to my Archive on the Filesystem, but I loose the Information like Deployment Types, Description, Detection methods ans more.

We have hundreds of Apps which need to be Archived manually.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Add a link to 'Deployment Status'

Add a link to 'Deployment Status' in the applications 'Deployments' tab, so that admins can review the deployment status without needing to search within the 'Monitoring > Deployments' node.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Application Task Sequence

For complex software deployments, we regularly use Task Sequences to sequence reboots and installation orders, as well as containing logic on the various steps to only run when certain conditions are met. This allows for much more complex and flexible deployments.

The problem is, if a reboot step is initiated, no Task Sequence progress is displayed to the user to let them know that installations are taking place behind the scenes. To them, the reboot occurs and then they return to the CTRL+AT+DEL screen.

It would be great if a new class of Task Sequence could be created that would…

66 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Noted  ·  6 comments  ·  Application Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Variable for the package cache path

It would be great to have a variable you can use in the Installation/Uninstallation Program, for use with installations that need a full path for an answer file. Like an InstallShield iss file.
    I have a great deal of other installers that have their own answer files and most need a full path for the file.
    So instead of having a full path for a network share it would be great to be able to use a variable that have the path for the local cache for the application. E.g. C:\Windows\ccmcache\2n
    I have tried %CD%, which works in the command…

44 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Application Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Application Lifecycle Management options in Console

One of the big struggles at many companies is not putting application IN SCCM, but having a proper process to retire old applications and do regular cleanup. So it would be good to have some options to automate the process when retiring applications.

• having the content for retired applications automatically removed from all distribution points

• having the files/folders removed from the content source location

• having the retired applications deleted from SCCM after the cleanup completed.

I know there are some PowerShell scripts out there and console extensions but it would be nice to have this as a fully supported out…

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Noted  ·  1 comment  ·  Application Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base