Microsoft

System Center Configuration Manager Feedback

Suggestion box powered by UserVoice

Ideas

What features would you like to see?

All of the feedback that you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building System Center Configuration Manager, though we canā€™t promise to reply to all posts.

Please do not use UserVoice to report product bugs or for assisted support.
If you believe you have found a product bug, please send us a bug report through the Configuration Manager Console (1806 and newer). To do this, press the šŸ™‚ button in the top right corner and choose ā€œSend a Frownā€. For more details, seeĀ https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sccm/core/understand/find-help.

If you require assisted support, please see https://aka.ms/cmcbsupport for more details.

Standard Disclaimer ā€“ our lawyers made us put this here ;-)
We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, so you can give us feedback. Please note that the System Center Configuration Manager feedback site is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. Please send only feature suggestions and ideas to improve Microsoft Configuration Manager. Do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. APP groups - ADD script option

You have the code in the TS, should be possible to include this in APP groups

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinkingā€¦)
    0 comments  ·  Application Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  2. Add option to "update content for all deployment types" in an Application

Currently, if you have an application with multiple deployment types, you must update the content for these individually. While this makes sense in many cases, often I want to update content for all of them to reflect updated content/new versions/etc. In these cases, it would be nice to have an option (probably under the Application's context menu ) to update the content for all DTs at the same time.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Application Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  3. Software License Management - The ability to block application launches via SCCM

A feature that allows for limiting launches of desired installed applications. This feature would assist in license management for software titles with concurrent usage limitations which do not have license management solutions.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Application Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  4. SCCM How to MIGRATE Applications from one VMware SCCM 2012 R2 Server that is dying to a New VM ConfigMan 2012 R2 Server

I need to Move Applications or Migrate them from a dying VMware Server 2012 R2 to a newly built SCCM 2012 R2 VMware Server. Plain and simple, but no documentation is found.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Application Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  5. Add BITS Priority settings for Package ans Application

BITS job is creates as LOW priority when deploy package or application, but Software Updates download are launched with a BITS priority NORMAL and software updates download prior to package or applications.

If it take a long time to download QU/FU and user want to deploy package or app immediately during client download QU/FU, users cannot do it as far as downloading QU/FU due to the difference of BITS priority.

Add BITS Priority settings for Package ans Application in this scenario.

36 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. When i distribute software/images,whatever to a distribution point, i want to be able to specify when it should go to the distribution point

When i distribute software/images, whatever to a distribution point, i want to be able to specify when it should go to the distribution point. With bandwidth limited sites I cant let SCCM just distribute a 500mb package during the day. It Would be great to specify a day/time (sunday 3am for example) when it can update the distribution point

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Report Task Sequence Reference in Application Model

Add a line item in relationship type for Task Sequence references

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Application Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  8. Make it possible to choose "Client Local Time" on all deployment types.

1. When deploying an application as available, it will by default be set to UTC time in the scheduling section without the ability to change it to "Client Local Time"
    2. When deploying an application as required, it will by default be set to UTC time, unless I check the "installation deadline" then I get the abillity to choose "Client Local Time"

Here in Denmark and other places in Europe UTC is a bit confusing, we always have to be aware of this when deploying applications eg. I want to deploy an application for the end users at 08:00AM thenā€¦

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Application Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  9. Let Software Version Become a Variable (For Detection Methods)

I always enter the software version number for each application I am patching (Adobe Reader/Acrobat, Chrome, Firefox, Java, etc).

I also use detection methods to determine that the new update has been installed. Is there any way the "Software Version" field I manually populate with the correct version can be a variable that can be used in the detection method MSI/File version field?

It would be great to let the detection method use %SOFTVERSION%, for instance, which points to the software version I am defining every time.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Task Sequence tab within Applications

Within the Application information tabs such as Summary, Deployment Types and Deployments one for Task Sequences would be helpful. This would allow other SCCM Console users easily identify Apps used within Task Sequences.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Application Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  11. Application uninstall with multiple deployment types

Application uninstall should work for the applications created with multiple deployment types as well.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Task Sequence Deployments

Task Sequence Deployments - Immediate Push Failure - Computer Policy initialization from Console.

Forcing a computer policy against a deployment of a Task sequence (any) to run via Software Center, results in failure of downloading of the deployment policy the first time and goes in retry until the agent on the endpoint initiates a polling itself. While SCCM CB is supposed to be user centric and based on Pull methodology, sometimes a deployment needs to be pushed to users immediately and the current behavior causes lot of inconveniences and delays in deploying Task sequence based installations via Software Center (Immediateā€¦

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Depend

Choose package for application Dependencies

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. User centric application deployment with dependencies requiring elevation

If we talk about modern management, we deploy applications to user collections. In that case detection method PowerShell scripts are executed in user context and not System. This behavior is inherited to dependencies, but the dependencies may require elevation.
    E.g., if you want to deploy a Microsoft Store based Linux distribution via CM to users, you need to install the Microsoft Windows Subsystem Linux first. The detection for WSL in PowerShell is ā€œ(Get-WindowsOptionalFeature -Online -FeatureName Microsoft-Windows-Subsystem-Linux).Stateā€, but it requires Elevation.
    In you create an appx-based Linux Distribution application with the WSL application as Dependency it fails if it is deployedā€¦

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Cleanup of MSfB Apps staled versions download by CM

Right now when you setup the Microsoft Store for Business connector and when you approve apps in MSfB. CM downloads all new updates of this apps.

After a while, the storage used by staled versions is quite huge.
    For example, if you approve 10 apps (especially Office Apps : Word, Excel, PowerPoint). If there are lots of updates on it, you can reach up to 40 GB of storage content after 2 years. Around 38GB are not used anymore and takes space on the site server.

You should include an automatic cleanup process to delete old versions.

Thanks

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Application Post deployment feature

It would be beneficial to have a Post Installation feature for application deployment .
    For example If Application A and B are required however application B can only be installed after Application A. Understand Dependency can be used to achieve this however in case of inplace upgrade of Office it is advisable to remove the previous versions and then install the new version .
    A post installation feature can be useful for inplace office upgrade with all other products such as addins , Project visio can be post installed. This will considerably reduce the time for support
    Understand the workaroundā€¦

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Deploy Multiple Applications for a User Collection

I have over 100 applications and I wanna deploy multiple applications for user collections. Is there any method for this?

Thanks,

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Message notification

You must consider allowing us customize message notification to users before installing or Uninstalling Application, Package. today we are use on this idea using VBS or PS which is no so convenience

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Generate a 'fast' deployment option

The idea here is based on customer conversations recently. During the deployment of content (all types in theory) have a tick box in the deployment wizard to make this a 'fast' deployment. This in turn would generate an immediate client action on the target collection to go check for said content which would bypass the routine scheduled check that the client would make.
    I appreciate there would be processing time to take into account so the client didn't check before deployment was processed. But of that could be worked around this could be a great option to utilise fast channel. ā€¦

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Right-Click a single device or collection and Install Application/Package without additional configurations

The ability to right-click a single device, or a device collection and select an option saying "Install Application or Package". This would then allow you to deploy an application or package without having to use a collection, especially if just for one device. It would also allow you to deploy the application or package without needing to build out a deployment for that application. It will just install the selected application or package without any additional configurations needed.

How often do we need to deploy an application to just one machine that is outside of a collection, or deploy toā€¦

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base