Microsoft

Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager Feedback

Suggestion box powered by UserVoice

Ideas

What features would you like to see?

All of the feedback that you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager, though we canā€™t promise to reply to all posts.

Please do not use UserVoice to report product bugs or for assisted support.
If you believe you have found a product bug, please send us a bug report through the Configuration Manager Console (1806 and newer). To do this, press the šŸ™‚ button in the top right corner and choose ā€œSend a Frownā€. For more details, see https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sccm/core/understand/find-help.

If you require assisted support, please see https://aka.ms/cmcbsupport for more details.

Standard Disclaimer ā€“ our lawyers made us put this here ;-)
We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, so you can give us feedback. Please note that the Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager feedback site is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. Please send only feature suggestions and ideas to improve Configuration Manager. Do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Office 365 Channel Name Changes

The names of the office 365 channels changed recently.
    This is not reflected in the XML configuration files the Office 365 Application Wizard creates.

Here is your own statement regarding this:

First Release for Current Channel is now called Monthly Channel (Targeted)

Current Channel is now called Monthly Channel
    First Release for Deferred Channel is now called Semi-Annual Channel (Targeted)
    Deferred Channel is now called Semi-Annual Channel

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinkingā€¦)
    0 comments  ·  Application Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  2. Application deployment pre-approval

Currently, if I deploy an application with the "requires administrative approval" any and all requests for that deployment require an approval.

It would be great to be able to "pre-approve" users during the deployment wizard, so that a senior help desk technician or key application users (for example) can be pre-approved to install software, while other users in the same collection might be required to formally request that software.

Also, it seems strange that if I deploy software with "requires administrator approval" to a collection that I am in, I need to request, and then approve, my own application request.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Application Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  3. Package creation empty Data Source (1706)

When creating a new package you can browse to the installation file (UNC-path). When done the package has no Data Source information. Therefore you have to browse by tab Data Source to the source location(folder) again.

In my opinion this is an unnecessary step. It should be very nice if this is solved.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Application Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  4. Program modernization

It would be nice if programs were modernized to have some of the same features as applications. This would include being able to launch a PowerShell script without extra parameters, sharing the same requirements tab and categories section, being able to use a custom icon in Software Center, and having Windows Source Management. Maybe it would be easier to just allow applications that don't use detection methods? They obviously wouldn't be able to be used as dependencies or have supersedence. Other than that I think it could work.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Operation Admin assistance

I like to see when we operate something like a create package or deploy package the system will show how can i trace that operation by show the balloon or some popup that tell which log and path that I can read. :)

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. It would be really good if customers could define there own

Global Condition Clauses/Operators.

It would be beneficial if customers could create there own custom clauses/operators in the same way the 'Operating System' clause works. Effectively being able to select a number of check boxes in which to define the item as meeting the condition.

This saves it being wrapped in a script.

I see many examples of this and a common one would be Location which is not AD related. This could be paired with an identifier on the machine (perhaps a reg key)

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. installbehavior

The dialog window for the InstallBehavior should pop-up directly on the users desktop and not only at the Softwarecenter, if the user interacts with it.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Add an Application Deployment "End" time

It would be nice to be able to set an "End" time on an application deployment to help reduce some of the maintenance. For instance, if I have App.v1, being superseded by App.v2 I'd like to be able to set the App.v1 deployments to "End" or "Expire" at "X" time which would hopefully remove them as well, reducing the "busy work" associated with that process.

It would also help automate a workflow that requires me to deploy an application from X date to Y date, then remove it after that.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Add assigned time to Admin Console Deployment Display

When lookin g at the Monitoring\Deployment Display it would be helpful to be able to add the assigned time of a package so that we could sort on that column and have a list of what is deploying and exactly when as a helpful reminder, and at a single glance instead of having to drill down on individual deployment attributes in a single package.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Deployment Style Templates

Ability to save templates of deployment settings (required / hidden / asap ect. ).
    When deploying new software
    select software -> select collection -> select deployment style template -> done

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Longer Program Descptions

Please increase the 115 character limit that can be assigned to a program. At a mininum we would like to have 1000 or more characters. It would allow us to provide our end users with better descrptions in SW Center/App Catalog.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Office 365 Client Management

The opportunity to create an Office 365 Package out of the Console is great, but it does not work as expected, I got 2 issues:
    1. I assume the language detection within the wizard is keyboard layout based. In my case de-CH, thus it will add de-CH to the configuration XML, which will fail, because there is nod de-CH Office.
    2. If I like to manage the language, the console crashes with an error (Attachment).
    Besides this, this is a nice addition to the console!

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Application Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  13. Delete Applications with a feature to remove from DP's

Delete Applications/Packages with a feature to remove from DP's. This would save so much room.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Deployment's schedule

We would like to be able to reschedule a deployment.

Currently the schedule of an application's deployment cannot be changed. Deployment Start Time will remain the same even if the date was previously changed in the Scheduling tab.
    The only option to reschedule is to delete the old deployment first and afterwards create a new one.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Administrator approval requirement visibility in console

Please add new column in deployment view of the application and in deployment view in monitoring, showing if this deployment is under approval or not, now we need to open deployment properties to check this.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Create a Program by Right-Clicking in Program List, present a drop down menu with actions

After creating the initial program with the Create Program Wizard you should be able to right-click in the new list of programs (only 1 there initially) and get a drop down menu that has a "Create Program" item. This would avoid the extra mouse swipe to the ribbon to select that function, this would be more intuitive.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Create Program Wizard Dialogs should be stretchable so that they can be taller.

Specifically the Requirements dialog in the wizard under platform requirements can vary in the number of Platforms displayed, if the dialog was expandable by dragging the corner or bottom down we could see more platforms AND is should remember the stretch so we don't have to do it every time.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Progressbar/message on logon screen during application deployment

When deploying applications with "when no user is logged on", the user doesn't know what's happening or when it's done. This is a big issue with time-consuming deployments, ex. Office.

We need an option to display a progressbar/message to inform the user that Application X is being installed and that they should not log in until this Message dissapears. The Message should be customizable.

The progressbar/Message should also be shown if they log in and out, in case someone tries to use it and logs out because Application Y didn't work (while X being upgraded)

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. option to create folders and collections within deployment window

Add the option to create folders and collections when within the deployment window or applications, packages or task sequences.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Uninstall-/Install-Deployments of one Application simultaneously assigned

Uninstall-Deployment should overwrite/win if according Install-Deployment is also assigned

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Application Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base