Microsoft

Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager Feedback

Suggestion box powered by UserVoice

Ideas

What features would you like to see?

All of the feedback that you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager, though we canā€™t promise to reply to all posts.

Please do not use UserVoice to report product bugs or for assisted support.
If you believe you have found a product bug, please send us a bug report through the Configuration Manager Console (1806 and newer). To do this, press the šŸ™‚ button in the top right corner and choose ā€œSend a Frownā€. For more details, see https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sccm/core/understand/find-help.

If you require assisted support, please see https://aka.ms/cmcbsupport for more details.

Standard Disclaimer ā€“ our lawyers made us put this here ;-)
We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, so you can give us feedback. Please note that the Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager feedback site is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. Please send only feature suggestions and ideas to improve Configuration Manager. Do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Resend WOL signal for missed deployments

Deploying an Application or SUP with a specific 'Deadline' time e.g. 12th februari and 'Purpose: Required' with 'Send wake-up packets' option within a defined Maintenance Windows e.g. 10PM-5AM (total 7 hours) would mean that when our support team deploy a new machine (OSD Deployment) the next day (13th), software would not get installed because during 'Schedule re-valuation for deployments' or 'Software update scan schedule' does not occur no WOL-signal is (re)send for this deployment!

So offer ways to make sending WOL signal reoccurring.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinkingā€¦)
    0 comments  ·  Application Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  2. Share package with correct access accounts and a way to make the share of each distribution point accessible from a DFS path.

Sometimes, we need to make Tools or offline binaries available for the end users or their applications : updates path specified with GPO, Operational Tools for IT, backup executables to be available fast in case of issue (no time to make a new package)....
    We used distribution point for that with package and its features :
    - Manage Access Accounts
    - Share name into "Data Access" tab of package properties.
    However, that's only create the folder with the good access and the share have default access that doesn't fit what you need.
    So, first, we would like share with theā€¦

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Application Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  3. Applications Modification: Bug?

When trying to update or modify an existing application or its Deployment Type you cannot make any changes to the either one. This seems to be a bug from what I am seeing with 1710. I did find a possible workaround by deleting the current deployment before making any changes to the application. Then after you've made all the changes you can re-deploy the application to your device collection. I get the attached error message when trying to make changes before deleting the device collection deployment.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. add direct membership if app installed during TaskSequence (App Properties-General Information - Allow this application to be installed fro)

Add property into Application next to checkbox -> 'Allow this application to be installed from task sequence action without being deplyed.'

The new property can contain 'Collection name' to which will be made direct membership at the end of Task Sequence if the Appplication is successfuly installed during Task Sequence.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Allow Package Properties and Package monitoring nodes to open in same pane

Allow Package Properties and Package monitoring nodes to open in same pane. Going between Monitoring and back to Packages and/or Application for Source location to view Content Status vs. the Content is somewhat unproductive. When I go to a package, and View Status, it takes me away from my package.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Add ability to deploy applications / packages with task sequence methodology

Many times we have to deploy applications that are made up of various applications and post application changes. I want to have the ability to deploy applications in a task sequence style format. Basically PDQ Deploy.

Building packages, scripts, applications would be much easier.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. check for running exe is missing in appx tab

The check for running exe is a great feature, but its missing for appx/appxbundle packages. is this by design? I understand its pre-release and maybe on the way but having it (sccm) check for appx apps running would be really useful

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Application Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  8. Expand options for detecting file version

Some applications do not use the 'version' field the way that SCCM seems to expect. SCCM seems to expect a 0.0.0 format, but many projects use commas to separate the major,minor,build versions or even just have a version string that includes words, like PuTTY. When selecting a file to view the properties and use the version provided in the file properties, SCCM should just look for the exact string provided from the example file instead of expecting application developers to provide sane version identifiers.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. WebPI Updates from System Center Configuration Manager

Hi Microsoft,

We would benefit if WebPI modules (ARR versions/PHP versions) could be managed via SCCM natively.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Create Application Wizard and Web Applications

Can we have the option to add shortcut icons which are relevant to the Web Application that is being installed. We have various Web Applications which we want to differentiate by icon for our users - at the moment they all see the standard blue IE icon for all of them. We can script this, however it would be less time consuming having it built into the Wizard. This function is exists for Software Centre so hopefully it would be easy to implement.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. ADD a "Stop After Date/Time" on deployments scheduling tab

We have production deployments that need to stay in place until the pilot deployment becomes the new production application and the change window opens. It would be nice to be able to schedule the deployment to turn off like you can tell one to turn on at a certain time. Today we must delete the old deployments before the new one starts. Being able to schedule the stop deployment would better enable us to stage / coordinate deployments.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Support detection scripts larger than 32KB for applications

Can you increase the size for application script detection? There is currently a limit of 32KB for a PowerShell detection script. In a normal use-case a detection script would be 10 lines or less, but there are times when longer scripts can be necessary. My case in particular requires that I query device ID's on client computers. There can be thousands of unique device ID's that I may have to check, but this puts my script above the size limitation.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Allow dependency to not run if parent is already detected

Add a checkbox to Deployment Type Dependency that will "Allow dependency to not run if the parent is already detected".

In other words, if the parent Application is deployed to a client, but the parent App Detection is already satisfied (it's already installed), do not install the dependency app if the option is checked.

This would be most useful in short-circuiting long dependency chains, where you don't need to install any prereqs for a dependency app because it is already installed.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Automatically create software metering rules at application creation

Please create the software metering rules automatically when creating the app . With MSI this should be fairly easy and it could also allow the create the process detections automatically (feature1).

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. General Application Deployment like Pre-Production client deployment

The SCCM client can be set to deploy to any collection over any number of weeks/days/months. And it will automatically get it done. I Used this to upgrade all the clients in my environment without impact. It would be nice to be able to do this for ANY application. Currently we have to manually break up all the collections and do "waves" with an RFC for each one. I would like to be able to set it and forget it. Say.. Deploy new version of Chrome Browser. To all comptuers over the next 31 days.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Software Required as Preference only - Push once

Currently there are only two deployment modes "Required/Available". We really need the option of "Require Once" which allows administrators to deploy software as a default/preference, but still allow the user to choose "Uninstall" from Software Center. This is VERY common scenario for us when our desk side support technicians want to PUSH software to a user that has requested it, but we still want the user to have the ability to remove the software if they desire without having to submit another request for us to add them to an UNINSTALL collection and remove them form the REQUIRED install collection.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Admin Console - Application copy retains user categories but not administrative categories

When creating a copy of an application in the Configuration Manager Admin Console, user categories are copied but administrative categories are not.

Would prefer if both types of categories were copied.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Office 365 Channel Name Changes

The names of the office 365 channels changed recently.
    This is not reflected in the XML configuration files the Office 365 Application Wizard creates.

Here is your own statement regarding this:

First Release for Current Channel is now called Monthly Channel (Targeted)

Current Channel is now called Monthly Channel
    First Release for Deferred Channel is now called Semi-Annual Channel (Targeted)
    Deferred Channel is now called Semi-Annual Channel

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Application deployment pre-approval

Currently, if I deploy an application with the "requires administrative approval" any and all requests for that deployment require an approval.

It would be great to be able to "pre-approve" users during the deployment wizard, so that a senior help desk technician or key application users (for example) can be pre-approved to install software, while other users in the same collection might be required to formally request that software.

Also, it seems strange that if I deploy software with "requires administrator approval" to a collection that I am in, I need to request, and then approve, my own application request.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Application Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  20. Package creation empty Data Source (1706)

When creating a new package you can browse to the installation file (UNC-path). When done the package has no Data Source information. Therefore you have to browse by tab Data Source to the source location(folder) again.

In my opinion this is an unnecessary step. It should be very nice if this is solved.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base