Microsoft

Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager Feedback

Suggestion box powered by UserVoice

Ideas

What features would you like to see?

All of the feedback that you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager, though we can’t promise to reply to all posts.

Please do not use UserVoice to report product bugs or for assisted support.
If you believe you have found a product bug, please send us a bug report through the Configuration Manager Console (1806 and newer). To do this, press the 🙂 button in the top right corner and choose “Send a Frown”. For more details, see https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sccm/core/understand/find-help.

If you require assisted support, please see https://aka.ms/cmcbsupport for more details.

Standard Disclaimer – our lawyers made us put this here ;-)
We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, so you can give us feedback. Please note that the Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager feedback site is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. Please send only feature suggestions and ideas to improve Configuration Manager. Do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Have a parallel "on every User" Part at Application Modell

This feature was at a very old "Netinstall" Version - and it was very usefull.
    If i install my software to a Computer not to a user i can use the normal msi-installer function of the Application Model.
    Now i would ship a user-config for any user on this Machine.
    So the exact Thing "Active Setup" does.
    But Active Setup isn't easy to use and not transparent so i can see on a Packe-List at the Console with Package has a User-Action.

So it would be Nice to add optional a script, command etc. that would be executed after a…

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Application Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Set printing default settings to "one page"

Default settings for printing to "one page".

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Application Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. MSI feature management

It would be great if the Deployment Types had a feature to manage MSI features.

Currently I have a need for it for Microsoft LAPS.
    All our machines need the CSE feature and select employees need the Management and Management.UI features.

Using the default detection method making two different applications with the same MSI, installing different features, will result in the second application to run to evaluate as installed before it runs.
    Making detection methods for the different features of an MSI can be difficult work.

An ability to manage the features in an MSI via Deployment Types and Detection…

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Fast uninstall step for "required Applications"

i got a collection with all Clients, which were installed through osd. after that i deploy all OSD-Apps to this Collection (required). if i troubleshoot a client,i need the option to fast uninstall one of the required application. i need to delete the app from the collection and wait for the client check.after that i can redeploy the app. it would save a lot of time for me..

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Use a standard file browse dialog for the file detection method

When creating a file detection type, it would be lovely if it were possible to use a standard file type dialog as opposed to the current dialog.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Noted  ·  0 comments  ·  Application Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Application deployment troubleshooting failures - dashboard

A Dashboard to see which devices had a particular application fail to deploy. The Dashboard lists the devices. Next to devices there would be a column with a possible reason why the application failed to deploy and possible solutions to fix the problem.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Export/Archive Apps with all Informations on Filesystem

An option to Export Apps/Packages to Filesystem would be perfect. If i remove an SCCM App i can copy the Sources to my Archive on the Filesystem, but I loose the Information like Deployment Types, Description, Detection methods ans more.

We have hundreds of Apps which need to be Archived manually.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Noted  ·  0 comments  ·  Application Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Software Transfer from old computer to new computer

Have a way to copy or move installed applications from old computer to a new computer .

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Noted  ·  1 comment  ·  Application Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. SCCM Company Portal App: Correct installation status for applications requiring approval

When an application is requested for approval and then installed using the SCCM Comopany Portal App, the status stays on "Install" but it would be nice if it changed to "Installing" and then "Installed" accordingly.

More Details:

1. An application is deployed to users as «Install / Available» with the flag «Require administrator approval if users request this application»

2. The SCCM Company Portal App can be successfully used to request approval for the application from the client.

3. The approval request appears in SCCM and is approved from the SCCM console.

4. After approving the request in SCCM, the…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Detection rule use application source files

Sometimes you need to run an executable to detemine if the application is installed or not. For example: setup.exe /listinstalled.
    today it is not possible to access the content location (mostly the cache directory) of the application.
    Is it possible to allow access to the content location of the application in the detection rule?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. MAM (Mobile Application Management) policy for Windows platform

Currently MAM only supports IOS/Android platform.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. List all applications and packages by criteria

Many customers are using packages and (!) applications. There's no way in the console to list all "software items" in one view to get a list of all applications and packages. That would be extremely handy when you need to answer the question "is that piece of software an app or a package" when deploying it. Please add such a view e.g. to the folder "Application Management".

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. As soon as possible behavior for existing deployments

When you update a deployment and change the 'Schedule the application to be available at', if 'As soon as possible after the available time' is ticked this should automatically update the installation deadline to be the same. I have had deployments go out as the schedule is earlier than the available time.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Add the new "Software Updates deployment re-eval behavior upon restart" feature to Application deployments

With CM1606, we get a great new feature on Deployments of Software Update Group that can trigger a software update scan after the reboot. This makes it quicker to fully patch machines since Update A might get installed and now Update B becomes applicable. Previously, you'd have to wait for the next update scan (which at shortest is 24 hours, even if you schedule it for more often) before Update B would show up as required.

Well, this functionality would be incredibly useful on Deployments of Applications. If I deploy Office 2016, I'd want the device to do a software…

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Noted  ·  2 comments  ·  Application Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. User Based Package Deployments failing after upgrade of clients to SCCM 1606 (Version 5.00.8412.1007)

After upgrade to SCCM 1606 and the 2 latest hotfixes, if we upgrade the SCCM Clients to the latest version (5.00.8412.1007), all user based Package Deployments fail with the below error and we see the same both in Software Center and Application Catalog as below:

Application Installation not started
    You have limited permission to request and install applications on this computer. This can occur with one of the following conditions:
    1.You do not have administrative permissions for this computer.
    2.You are working on a Remote Desktop Connection session and you are not the default user for that Remote Desktop Connection…

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Application Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Enable creating a working copy of an application to check in and out

We need the ability to test edits to an application before putting them into production. Making a copy breaks dependency and supercedence relationships.

I would like to ask for the ability to check out an application to make edits. Once the edits are tested, we would be able to check back in the changes.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. collection deployment

Collections have a Tab named "Deployments", both when selected in admin console and in properties of a certain collection. It would be nice to see inherited deployments (As you do with a device) in the tab in properties.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Application Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Add an "All Items" category to Software Center

Please add an "All Items" category to Software Center and have this displayed by default whenever a user clicks on a notification/toast. This would eliminate the dozens of calls we get from the end-users who ask "where's the update I was just asked to apply"?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Build in preprovisioning for Windows UWP apps allowing the apps to be available to all users that login

Build in pre-provisioning of Windows UWP apps. This can be done via a package that calls the PS command Add-AppxProvisionedPackage or DISM /online /add-provisionedappxpackage, but it would ease admin burden and be more scriptable to have this option built into the app deployment interfaces.

This would make the app available to all users that login to the device, without having to target each user (via collection).

Pre-provisioning the app is useful for a device that will be used by multiple users; for example, airlines using Surface devices for the flight crew and gate workers.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Noted  ·  1 comment  ·  Application Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Option to specify maximum number of primary devices can be associated in a UDA relationship

We can face issues with licensing if we utilize UDA deployments and allow the end user to specify the relationship or have it based on usage. We need to ensure that there is a 1:1 relationship between user and primary device for this reason. I'd like to specify the maximum allowed primary devices per user if possible.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base