Microsoft

System Center Configuration Manager Feedback

Suggestion box powered by UserVoice

Ideas

What features would you like to see?

All of the feedback that you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building System Center Configuration Manager, though we canā€™t promise to reply to all posts.

Please do not use UserVoice to report product bugs or for assisted support.
If you believe you have found a product bug, please send us a bug report through the Configuration Manager Console (1806 and newer). To do this, press the šŸ™‚ button in the top right corner and choose ā€œSend a Frownā€. For more details, seeĀ https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sccm/core/understand/find-help.

If you require assisted support, please see https://aka.ms/cmcbsupport for more details.

Standard Disclaimer ā€“ our lawyers made us put this here ;-)
We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, so you can give us feedback. Please note that the System Center Configuration Manager feedback site is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. Please send only feature suggestions and ideas to improve Microsoft Configuration Manager. Do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms.

How can we improve Configuration Manager?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinkingā€¦)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Detection method comments

Add a field for adding a note in detection methods. When you have a large list of detections it would be easier to update for changes if I knew what reason I put in for each detection.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinkingā€¦)
    0 comments  ·  Application Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  2. Configmgr MSIX deployment with phone experience

Deploying a new verion of a msix application via Configmgr requires a new deployment.
    Why not change this behavior so it is possible use the same deployment to do update?

example:
    Application01 version 1 is an msix application, and it is deployed via Configmgr.

When there is an update available, it is deployed by updating the source directory and content is distributed to the DP's
    then next time a user start Application01 it will be updated.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Application Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow Email Approval Requests to go to Manager / Owner / Support Contact

First off - Thank-you very much for the Email approval in CM 1810.
    For the first improvement request, I'd like to request it be able to be sent to Manager or Application / Support owner already identified in the application.

These 3 options would cover nearly every workflow possibility instead of a hardcoded email address.

Usually you require permission from a BA or Business owner of the application, a Technical resource (Helpdesk, etc), or your Supervisor for an application. 2 of these items are already tracked in the application, and the third is (should) populated in AD for the requestingā€¦

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. App Icon Gallery

Apart of the new community hub, an application icon gallery where users upload icons. Then when creating a new application, an icon can be selected from the gallery.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Allow Application to call Packages as a dependency

I appreciate the design is very different but it would be great if a package could be called as a dependency for an Application

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Deployments in a Task Sequence

Provide a task sequence step to install all targeted applications, programs and software updates.
    Where imaging a PC is done on a limited time it would be beneficial to install all applications.
    Similar to this.
    https://www.petervanderwoude.nl/post/install-computer-targeted-application-during-os-deployment-via-powershell-and-configmgr-2012/

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. APP groups - ADD script option

You have the code in the TS, should be possible to include this in APP groups

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Add option to "update content for all deployment types" in an Application

Currently, if you have an application with multiple deployment types, you must update the content for these individually. While this makes sense in many cases, often I want to update content for all of them to reflect updated content/new versions/etc. In these cases, it would be nice to have an option (probably under the Application's context menu ) to update the content for all DTs at the same time.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Software License Management - The ability to block application launches via SCCM

A feature that allows for limiting launches of desired installed applications. This feature would assist in license management for software titles with concurrent usage limitations which do not have license management solutions.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Application Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  10. SCCM How to MIGRATE Applications from one VMware SCCM 2012 R2 Server that is dying to a New VM ConfigMan 2012 R2 Server

I need to Move Applications or Migrate them from a dying VMware Server 2012 R2 to a newly built SCCM 2012 R2 VMware Server. Plain and simple, but no documentation is found.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Application Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  11. Defer/schedule install after application approval request is approved

Currently, if you deploy an application with "An administrator must approve a request for this application on the device" checked, and a user clicks the Request button for the application in Software Center, the application will begin installing immediately as soon as that request is approved.

I'd like to have the option to pop up a notification informing them that the request has been approved, with options to install now, remind later, or schedule the install for later.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. When i distribute software/images,whatever to a distribution point, i want to be able to specify when it should go to the distribution point

When i distribute software/images, whatever to a distribution point, i want to be able to specify when it should go to the distribution point. With bandwidth limited sites I cant let SCCM just distribute a 500mb package during the day. It Would be great to specify a day/time (sunday 3am for example) when it can update the distribution point

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Office 365 Installer - Detection Method

Office 365 Installer - Detection Method
    When creating an application for Office 365 using the built-in "Office 365 Installer" feature, the application gets created with a default detection method that only uses the version.
    So, if you create 3 separate applications (Office, Project, and Visio), or if you create Applications with different languages, they all have the same detection methods.
    So, if you install Office first, you can't Visio or Project.
    The detection method should include a product and language:

Examples:
    SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\VisioProRetail - da-dk
    SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\ProjectProRetail - da-dk
    SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\O365ProPlusRetail - da-dk

37 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Application Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  14. Let Software Version Become a Variable (For Detection Methods)

I always enter the software version number for each application I am patching (Adobe Reader/Acrobat, Chrome, Firefox, Java, etc).

I also use detection methods to determine that the new update has been installed. Is there any way the "Software Version" field I manually populate with the correct version can be a variable that can be used in the detection method MSI/File version field?

It would be great to let the detection method use %SOFTVERSION%, for instance, which points to the software version I am defining every time.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Task Sequence tab within Applications

Within the Application information tabs such as Summary, Deployment Types and Deployments one for Task Sequences would be helpful. This would allow other SCCM Console users easily identify Apps used within Task Sequences.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Application Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  16. Application uninstall with multiple deployment types

Application uninstall should work for the applications created with multiple deployment types as well.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Task Sequence Deployments

Task Sequence Deployments - Immediate Push Failure - Computer Policy initialization from Console.

Forcing a computer policy against a deployment of a Task sequence (any) to run via Software Center, results in failure of downloading of the deployment policy the first time and goes in retry until the agent on the endpoint initiates a polling itself. While SCCM CB is supposed to be user centric and based on Pull methodology, sometimes a deployment needs to be pushed to users immediately and the current behavior causes lot of inconveniences and delays in deploying Task sequence based installations via Software Center (Immediateā€¦

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Depend

Choose package for application Dependencies

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Add the possibility to remove/delete and extract/export application package icon

Sometimes we pick a bad icon for the application package so we may want to remove it till theres a better one... or just want to reuse that icon because we dont have that source anymore or just arent able to find it and sometimes getting the correct icon is just crazy work (by that i mean the need to have the correct format or be able to hack the resources)

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Report Task Sequence Reference in Application Model

Add a line item in relationship type for Task Sequence references

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Application Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base