Microsoft

Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager Feedback

Suggestion box powered by UserVoice - Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

Ideas

What features would you like to see?

All of the feedback that you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager, though we canā€™t promise to reply to all posts.

Please do not use UserVoice to report product bugs or for assisted support.
If you believe you have found a product bug, please send us a bug report through the Configuration Manager Console (1806 and newer). To do this, press the šŸ™‚ button in the top right corner and choose ā€œSend a Frownā€. For more details, see https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sccm/core/understand/find-help.

If you require assisted support, please see https://aka.ms/cmcbsupport for more details.

Standard Disclaimer ā€“ our lawyers made us put this here ;-)
We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, so you can give us feedback. Please note that the Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager feedback site is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. Please send only feature suggestions and ideas to improve Configuration Manager. Do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Here's a really wonderfull idea, how about you make the office 365 installer actually work when you deploy them to machines.

Created an Office 365 installer using the console and deployed it to machines, it doesn't work. When I copy the files manually and run them it gives me a very un-descriptive message saying a compatible version of office needs to be installed. So do I have to install office to install office? How does that work? Seriously, don't even put these features into SCCM unless they work, I've wasted a day on this. Absolute joke, we pay a fortune for SCCM.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinkingā€¦)
    0 comments  ·  Operating System Deployment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  2. Show WIM file Size when booting from PXE

Would be very useful to see the size of the WIM file being downloaded by the PXE client.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Operating System Deployment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  3. Win PE + AMT Problem

Win PE Freeze on step downloading, when Intel AMT turned on and configured.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. ON-OFF switch for the encryption function

Make an adjustment in the system settings to allow - or disallow the encryption of the harddisk. That way ransomware couldn't do any damage to user data anymore

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Offline staging of MDT

The option Offline Staging of MDT works great to update image with latest patches even office is possible. Please include this option so we can get rid of MDT.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Conditional 'continue on error' in task sequence

With a bare metal build if something fails I don't care, I can kick off the TS again.
    But in some situations (eg. when using USMT) if a build fails because one app didn't install it can be very difficult to recover from. In these situations I would like to continue on error to minimize any issues, so being able to 'conditionally' continue on error would be very nice indeed.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Operating System Deployment and Power Management - temporarily disable automatic sleep for large content download

A nice feature would be an integrated solution to allow a computer to remain awake during large content download. We currently have the ability to WOL for deployments, but in a some situations where content is not pre-staged/downloaded or if you use the option to download all content locally before running a task sequence the computer can sleep during content download. A use case is for this example is Windows 10 in-place upgrade TskSeq. Please implement a Power Availability Request based on process or thread to resolve this issue. The alternative of managing custom power plans or hacking a toggleā€¦

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Advise which dependency failed during OSD on the screen as well as the log.

I work in an environment that does not allow me to enable the command prompt in a boot image. This makes it difficult to check what went wrong. During the dependency check in a PXE advise which dependencies failed on the screen as well as the log. It would be good to state if the NIC and storage drivers are working ok.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Add ALL reg key types as options in Task Sequence conditions

In the conditions for Task Sequence steps, the only reg key type you can use the 'exists' or 'not exists' options for is REGSZ. I would like to see the others REGMULTISZ, REGEXPANDSZ, REGDWORD, REGQWORD, REGBINARY. Similarly, when you choose 'equals' or any of the other operators, the only options are REGSZ, REGEXPANDSZ, and REGDWORD. The other options should be available there as well.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. too many deployments

For a larger organization that handles 120+ image configurations (same base image but different software installed depending on the task sequence used), we run into problems with the deployment size to 'unknown computers' being too large and ends up breaking imaging to unknown machines.

We'd like to see this limit either increased or removed, as it's constantly causing us issues.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. TS Menu

I currently have 3 task sequences. I want to combine all three into one task sequence and present the user with a wizard to ask, which SOE they want to install.

the way around it I have to create a powershell gui script to prompt the user and set the TS variable, then assign that variable to each group in the in task sequence. it gets messy.

I explorerd HTAs, MDT Wizards but these are difficult to adopt and implement in a timely manner.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Add support for 3rd party Encryption into the Servicing module.

The ability to define the location of the 3rd party Encryption driver, to allow us to use the servicing module to update encrypted laptops

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Operating system upgrade: delete previous installations after Windows 10 upgrade

After an operating system upgrade, it would be nice to be able to delete the files of the previous installation in order to free up disk space. Cleanmgr.exe doesn't work under SYSTEM context.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Create a repeating schedule for OSD

Allow OSD to be scheduled on a repeating basis to allow for repeated reimaging in lab environments.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. better driver and driver pack updates

Consider this scenario: you have 2 hardware models (eg. Lenovo X1 Yoga and Lenovo X1 Carbon); you download the SCCM driver pack for both models and import them into SCCM.
    When you import a driver pack you add a category to identify the model that belongs to.
    After you complete the import process for both driver packs you recognize that some drivers are in use by both models.
    So at the end you will have:
    - drivers used by model A only
    - drivers used by model B only
    - drivers used by both model A and B

The mainā€¦

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Operating System Deployment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  16. Embedded image file in Pre-Staged images should not supersede what the task says

When creating a Pre-Staged Media, the image files should be treated like any other media in that if it's not required anymore then it should be ignored and the right image file downloaded from the closest distribution point.

Scenario we have now:
    We created a Pre-Staged media last year that included Windows 10 1607. We have now moved on to 1703 but haven't had the time to go through the full testing of a new media so our OEM is still putting the pre-stage media with 1607. When the machine starts it's task sequence, when it comes to the image,ā€¦

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Instead of password-protecting bootmedia, have users authenticate using Active Directory credentials

It would be interesting if it were possible to protect bootmedia not just with a common password, but instead with a username/password authentication to ActiveDirectory.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Offline Servicing

Could you add an option to add some sort of version control for offline servicing, i.e. option to alter the name or version number. i know there is a BAk file but this get this in the console with new versions.

Also an option to clean the image after an offline update. as the image can grow quite a bit after the updates.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Rename task sequence when copying it.

I'd like to be able to put in the name of the copy as I make it and not have to go into properties and then rename it. This takes forever considering how slow SCCM often goes. So to save time being able to rename it when I right click and hit Copy would be ideal. Plus having the copy cut off half of my task sequence name with Hex nonesense is annoying.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Add additional OOBE options to the Apply OS Step

I don't know if this is possible, but it would be very useful to be able to customize the OOBE option in the TS through the GUI. Currently you need to create an xml file for customization with WSIM, which works, and provides a ton of options, but it would be nice to have a generic set of the most common options as checkboxes or something. If someone needs further customization they could use an XML file instead. Part of the problem is that many options are "deprecated" yet they still seem to work?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base