Microsoft

System Center Configuration Manager Feedback

Suggestion box powered by UserVoice

Ideas

What features would you like to see?

All of the feedback that you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building System Center Configuration Manager, though we canā€™t promise to reply to all posts.

Please do not use UserVoice to report product bugs or for assisted support.
If you believe you have found a product bug, please send us a bug report through the Configuration Manager Console (1806 and newer). To do this, press the šŸ™‚ button in the top right corner and choose ā€œSend a Frownā€. For more details, seeĀ https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sccm/core/understand/find-help.

If you require assisted support, please see https://aka.ms/cmcbsupport for more details.

Standard Disclaimer ā€“ our lawyers made us put this here ;-)
We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, so you can give us feedback. Please note that the System Center Configuration Manager feedback site is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. Please send only feature suggestions and ideas to improve Microsoft Configuration Manager. Do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. DSC to replace or compliment basline feature

DSC is a wonderful framework for handling baseline configurations across Windows and Linux machines, but it's completely unsupported in SCCM directly. While a Pull server is certainly more simplistic than an SCCM hierarchy, it would still be very beneficial to have some integration in a couple of areas:

Management Points can easily be configured to host mof configurations for clients, and a new client policy class for allowing the SCCM agent to configure the pull server settings on a host would be great. Alternatively a new role could be made ... not sure that would feel as elegant.

The baselineā€¦

169 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinkingā€¦)
    2 comments  ·  Compliance Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  2. Compliance Settings - Scripttype - check on returncode than stdout output

It would be useful, if a compliancesetting scripttype would be able to check the compliance based on the return value rather than all the Output of Stdout.
    Now the only way for me is, piping cmds to Out-Null, to ensure that a item can get compliant:

p = some.exe |out-null
    if ($p.ExitCode -eq 0){Write-Host "SUCCESS"}
    else{Write-Host "FAILURE"}

But for developing/troubleshouting purposes it would be nice, if i havent to catch all stdout output, especially for longer scripts, or tools, which i cannot modify ( 3rd Party vendor )

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Noted  ·  0 comments  ·  Compliance Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  3. Automate Device Guard Whitelisting Policy Management

Automate the Device Guard policy controls using SCCM as the management platform for Device Guard security policies. Integrate the Device Guard policy provisioning during the application build process to reduce the manual efforts.

Bring the SCCM whitelist management on par with competitor security products such as McAfee and Bit9.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Compliance Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  4. More accurate registry Compliance Settings

When creating the Configuration Item (Create Configuration Item Wizard, Settings step) and choosing Registry setting type for the Create Setting window, there are some bizarre registry types mentioned in Data type drop-down box: String, Integer, Date and Time, Floating Point, Version and String Array. Most of these data types are all REG_SZ type. But where is REG_MULTI_SZ? REG_EXPAND_SZ? REG_DWORD? REG_QWORD? REG_BINARY?
    There is also possibility to set/check compliance for those registry settings with script, but why the Registry Configuration Item in first place?
    These actual registry data types need to be implemented instead of/additionally to currently existing ones.

53 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Noted  ·  9 comments  ·  Compliance Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  5. Add auto remediation to a Software Update compliance baseline

At present SU compliance baselines can identify missing updates but not remediate by installing them. Please add the option to have the missing updates installed either from a DP or Microsoft Update.

33 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Noted  ·  0 comments  ·  Compliance Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  6. Integration with DISA STIGs and benchmarks

SCCM should be able to leverage STIGs and benchmarks to automate the compliance. SCM appears to have ended support, although it can still be found. It was ok, but to use for SCCM required numerous steps and not all items would transfer.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Noted  ·  2 comments  ·  Compliance Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  7. Decouple Detection and Remediation types

When creating Configuration Items, it would be nice if we could combine different detection and remediation types. For example, combining a Registry detection rule that would remediate with a PowerShell script.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Noted  ·  3 comments  ·  Compliance Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  8. Have remediation option for Compliance to immediately deploy package and run exe or script from package

Sometimes when remediating non-compliant Compliance Items, other files may be required. In order to do this currently, it is necessary to create a collection that queries the compliance status of the compliance item, and then deploy a package to that collection. This adds a delay in processing, as it is now necessary for the collection to evaluate before deploying the package. Additionally, if the collection evaluation runs at a quicker schedule than compliance evaluation, the remediation package may run multiple times before compliance has been updated.

It would be helpful for compliance to have the ability to deploy a packageā€¦

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Noted  ·  1 comment  ·  Compliance Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  9. Improve the usability of Compliance Settings

When I first looked at Compliance Settings I could not get my head around how it worked. I believe I understand it now but it could be made easier.

One useful feature would be the inclusion of using admx or existing GPOs to ensure AD compliance is working or apply settings over multiple domains / workgroup system. The Security Compliance Manager has some of these features but only for Microsoft related products with security configuration.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Noted  ·  2 comments  ·  Compliance Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  10. Please finish implementing the Set-CMComplianceSupportedPlatform powershell cmdlet

The Set-CMComplianceSupportedPlatform does not seem to be finished. When I use it against a CI it states the following:
    $CIRule | Set-CMComplianceSupportedPlatform
    WARNING: The 'Set-CMComplianceSupportedPlatform' cmdlet is a beta-quality and is not yet complete. It may not be fully functi
    onal, and may be changed or removed in a future release. It is provided for testing purposes and should not be used for produ
    ction purposes.

I don't have a way to set which OSes apply to a configuration item via powershell. See this forum post for more info.
    https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/b494dc56-2952-4bf6-809e-481628ceafec/setting-configuration-item-supported-platforms-with-powershell?forum=ConfigMgrCBGeneral

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Compliance Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  11. The ability to run a configuration baseline on a collection that has the baseline applied to a parent collection.

Currently we have certain Baselines that are applied to our master collection of all computers in the organization. However, when we replace a lab we should be able to run that baseline without having to run it against the master collection.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Allow Compliance Settings to to disabled

Unlike Applications you cannot disable a compliance setting. Currently I have to change there name and add "Disabled" in the front so when they show on the baseline list people know that they are currently not in production.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Configuration Item Checkout

When automating the creation of Configuration Items, every time a new setting is added the version increments. Depending on my input file, the revision could be in the upper hundreds, particularly when adding Windows Defender and Firewall exceptions.

It would be nice to check out a configuration item, make the necessary edits, and then check in the changes.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Deploy Application via Baseline Compliance

Right now you can deploy a base line to see if system have all the require local apps. Would be nice if you allow the system to have remediation for the missing application, that is specify by the company. As of now the only thing you can have baseline auto fix is Registry value & Script (by running remediation script) & WQL Query. If it could auto and manually fix application that would be outstanding. I would allow it in these two ways, if the system detects it missing an app it auto deploys that package ID to itself (Checkā€¦

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Add a priory order option to Compliance Items 'settings'.

Add a priory order option to Compliance Items 'settings'. Currently you can have multiple settings but you don;t know in which order they process. if you have 'setting 1' dependent on 'setting 2' you can't specify the order in which they process. Same might go for Baselines but that not my current need.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Separate the application dependancy from configuration item application detection method

Currently when setting up a configuration item with application settings, you are able to point to an application in ConfigMgr to use for a detection method. The issue is that if you want to export and share the CI, the import fails is the application does not exist the COnfigMgr site. It would be better if it grabbed the detection method from the application but added that to the CI to be independent of the application. So instead of pointing to the application for the detection method, the method gets copied over (copy instead of pointer).

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. devices compliance status on SUG - drill into non-compliant list/collection/query

on the software update dashboard I want to monitor and pursue the non-compliant machines - I cannot see a way, as in other pie charts and other graphs in the various dashboards around the console, of drilling into the list of devices

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. transcript

I would like to turn off powershell transcripting in configuration item. If I run PS script in user mode (means "Run scripts by using the logged on user credentials" is enabled.) then it creates a folder under user's mydocuments folder. It is very annoying.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. remember last registry location when creating CI

When creating compliance settings for new applications I often like to grab settings from a known machine. It works well and pre-fills a lot of the rules for me, unlike manually entering the value.

But I am fed up of having to re-navigate to the remote registry location I am grabbing these values from. Please please please can you get the console to remember the last registry location used when creating CIs?

The same would be useful for file/folder paths too

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Folder Redirection Improvements to Permit OneDrive

Currently the folder redirection feature in SCCM doesn't take an environmental variable as a good path; it requires \\SERVER\SHARE.

With OneDrive being common place in Office 365, please allow us to enter a command such as:

%userprofile%\<SyncFolder>

where Sync folder is the name of your organization's onedrive folder.

as documented by the Office team.

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/redirect-known-folders-to-onedrive-for-business-e1b3963c-7c6c-4694-9f2f-fb8005d9ef12

So that we can use SCCM to manage this.

Thanks! :)

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base