Microsoft

System Center Configuration Manager Feedback

Suggestion box powered by UserVoice

Ideas

What features would you like to see?

All of the feedback that you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building System Center Configuration Manager, though we canā€™t promise to reply to all posts.

Please do not use UserVoice to report product bugs or for assisted support.
If you believe you have found a product bug, please send us a bug report through the Configuration Manager Console (1806 and newer). To do this, press the šŸ™‚ button in the top right corner and choose ā€œSend a Frownā€. For more details, seeĀ https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sccm/core/understand/find-help.

If you require assisted support, please see https://aka.ms/cmcbsupport for more details.

Standard Disclaimer ā€“ our lawyers made us put this here ;-)
We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, so you can give us feedback. Please note that the System Center Configuration Manager feedback site is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. Please send only feature suggestions and ideas to improve Microsoft Configuration Manager. Do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow editing and expiration of Third-Party Software Updates

Please add full functionality of SCUP to the Third-Party Software Update feature. Adobe Acrobat catalogs don't expire older updates and don't include supersedence information. I normally added supersedence settings through SCUP to mitigate this. Without the ability to edit this information or to expire old updates manually, deploying Acrobat updates becomes unwieldy. Unexpired updates that are not superseded will likely bloat and fill up the data shares. If you can publish it, you should be able to expire it.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinkingā€¦)
    3 comments  ·  Software Updates  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  2. Add 'Next Run Time' Column in the Automatic Deployment Rules

In the Automatic Deployment Rules window, it would be helpful to see the next scheduled time the ADR is supposed to run. If it doesn't have one, then the cell would be blank.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Software Updates  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  3. Add installation progress to the Feature Updates

The lack of an "Installation Progress" indicator for most updates isn't an issue. But given the Feature Updates can take quite a while, it would be nice to have that progress percentage (perhaps just the "Mapped Global progress" form the setupact.log) displayed in Software Center.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Software Updates  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  4. Software Update Compliancy for Software Update Group - Report

Hi,

I'm using the Report "Compliance 1 - Overall Compliance".
    I want to check compliance of specific computers with a software update group deployed to them. However lots of computers get "Non-compliant" as status. When I click through the report the non-compliancy is coming from updates NOT included in the software update group. This doesn't seem very logic to me.

I would like to have a report which shows me the compliancy for updates ONLY included in the software update group, no other updates. As according to me it happens sometimes that updates are required but aren't deployed yet becauseā€¦

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Add software updates package source restrictions or warnings

When a software updates package is created, the given path is cleared of any existing content. This is very destructive if an incorrect path is given. One of several things should happen:
    1. Restrict the location of software updates packages if another package is using the same folder or any folder below.
    2. Warn if additional content is detected in the given path for a software updates package.
    3. Not clear additional content from software updates packages source locations.

We recently ran into this with a co-worker making documentation and put in the root path for all of our packagesā€¦

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Give more granular control over the 2 hour SUP failover timeout

Currently, failover from one SUP to another SUP is always at least 2 hours. Even with the new Boundary Group design, with controllable failovers - the minimum is still 2 hours. Allow admins to control that minimum, and set it smaller than 2 hours.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Software Updates  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  7. Full Office 365 SUP WSUS Integration

Full Office 365 Integration with upstream WSUS

Ok, i try to explain my problem.
    Office 365 Updates are not fully integrated to WSUS. When i use an upstream WSUS in my environment with downloading content locally, the o365 conent is only a dummy content, the real content is downloaded from MS.

So, when my SUP has no internet connection, i have to configure a proxy for downloading it. But this is greyed out or not possible when using an upstream WSUS. I have to configure the SUP to go directly in the internet, and than i have the option, toā€¦

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Security and Non Security patches are failing with error code -2016410012

We have increased the failed patches Maximum run time from 10 min to 30 min. Please set the Maximum run time to 30 min while releasing the patches.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Force Software Updates to be installed from console

Right-click the device in console and force all available software updates to be installed immediately, regardless of deadlines and maintenance windows.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. ADR for servers need some love

We are using ADR for a pilot group and then for two different automatic groups, but we cant use it for our manual group.

What i would love to see:

1: Be able to configure multiple deploys within the same ADR. today we are using three ADR just because it deploys to different collections with different maintenance windows.

2: Be able to use the ADR for our manual group, deploy the patches to our collection for manual servers as Available! When we need to go in to CM just to deploy patches already deployed just to get them as availableā€¦

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Software Updates  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  11. Show Deployment Package for Software Update

Would be great to have a tab on the properties of each Software Update that shows what Deployment Package(s) the update is included in. You can see what updates are in a Deployment Package, but not what Deployment Packages an updates are in.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Customized Pilot user section in Software Center

It would ne nice to have the ability to flip a switch that allows users to then see an area in Software center where they could join the company pilot group. Currently we have to manually maintain a list of users. This way, users could opt in to the pilot group for their machine. Pilot deployments would then be distinguishable from standard deployments so the user would know what was going on. Also a way for them to send feedback to the SCCM team would be great, even if it was just a thumbs up/down.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Bring Servicing Plans into Parity with WUfB/Intune or Kill Them

Since the initial release of Win 10 servicing plans they haven't kept up with their WUfB/Intune companions. While I can appreciate that many are not using servicing I feel it's a bit of a chicken and egg problem.

Specifically:
    Remove SAC-T at some point (Win 10 1903 and beyond won't have it)
    Increase the delay to 365
    Configure the uninstall period (2-60)
    Support the Insider releases.

Alternatively, since WUfB is now integrated into the console just get rid of servicing plans entirely. In such case you may want to integrate the dual scan configuration into the WUfB node.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Change software update group pie chart to show only deployed collections

I'd like the pie chart shown to change for it to only show the amount of compliant, non-compliant devices that that SUG is deployed to.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Compare group server patching level

A right click tool (or script) to compare installed hotfixes in a collection group of servers.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Give us the ability to customize the maximum run time based on update type

The Cumulative Updates for Windows Server 2016 are taking longer and longer every month. I'm now seeing a lot of servers reaching the timeout after 60 minutes, and I have to bump it up to 90 for them to successfully install the update the following month. Could you give us a way to specify a custom maximum run time for Cumulative Updates and the Monthly Rollups so we can adjust it ourselves as they get bigger and take longer?

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Ability to configure maximum runtime for software updates in ADR

The default settings for maximum runtime are not optimal for the cumulative updates as they often take longer to install. It would be ideal if you could increase the default or allow for the time to be set by the ADR. I often have to remember to go back and increase default time on all deployed updates.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. ADR-Search criteria (Software Updates)

when creating/editing ADR, the list of software updates (products, languages, etc) should list only the information that has been selected on the sup information.

ie. it should not list all products or languages if you only have selected english and windows 10.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. ADR - Limit Package Size

ADR - Limit Package Size:
    within the automatic deployment configuration enable an option to limit the size of the package and when reached create a new package automatically. the screnn should be able to provide a pattern for the packagename

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Apply the language filter for Office patches. The designed behavior is it pulls all languages making the deployment package larger than need

Apply the language filter for Office patches. The designed behavior is it pulls all languages making the deployment package larger than needed regardless of the language filter applied

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 5 7 9 22 23
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base