Microsoft

System Center Configuration Manager Feedback

Suggestion box powered by UserVoice

Ideas

What features would you like to see?

All of the feedback that you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building System Center Configuration Manager, though we canā€™t promise to reply to all posts.

Please do not use UserVoice to report product bugs or for assisted support.
If you believe you have found a product bug, please send us a bug report through the Configuration Manager Console (1806 and newer). To do this, press the šŸ™‚ button in the top right corner and choose ā€œSend a Frownā€. For more details, seeĀ https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sccm/core/understand/find-help.

If you require assisted support, please see https://aka.ms/cmcbsupport for more details.

Standard Disclaimer ā€“ our lawyers made us put this here ;-)
We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, so you can give us feedback. Please note that the System Center Configuration Manager feedback site is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. Please send only feature suggestions and ideas to improve Microsoft Configuration Manager. Do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms.

How can we improve Configuration Manager?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinkingā€¦)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Inbuilt Mechanism To Uninstall Patch via SCCM

Hello,

Not sure why SCCM doesnt have an inbuilt mechanism to uninstall a patch from the SCCM console. We do have this feature to remove (Disapprove) a patch in WSUS which is a freeware.

It is really a beneficial feature to be included as this comes up into use very frequently.

Many Thanks
    Vikram Midha

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinkingā€¦)
    1 comment  ·  Software Updates  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  2. Automatic Deployment Rules create 'available' deployment.

I would like to create my ADR deployments for servers as available instead of required. This allows more control over server patching. Currently I create the package as required and then I have to alter it for servers that I do not want unattended installations.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Software Updates  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  3. Log which user initiated software updates

In a multi-administrator environment, it's often useful to check which user initiated the installation of the software updates.

Now all we have is: 'InstallUpdates Initiated by user'.
    We don't really know which user initiated those updates.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. "Cluster Aware" Patching Variables

With the new Cluster Aware patching in TP3, I would like to see dynamic variables that you can call into your pre and post scripts that would tell you which machines are currently getting patched, and which machines are currently up. This would allow admins to write a more simplistic script where it queries a variable instead of having to build a script that test connections and make sure its not installing software updates. Example scenario would be patching Hyper-V clusters, where you need to keep all VM's up and running. We could query the variable, to move the VMsā€¦

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Provide end users variable duration for software update until deadline (evergreen updates)

It is about the topic, to deploy large software updates in the future (evergreen). Give each user a certain freedom, without losing complete control.

Here, we would like to give each user a defined timeframe for the update, rather than, define a fixed deadline for all in the beginning.

This would help to processing new windows channels in a higher frequency and to scale the rollout.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. W10 Servicing - Windows Insider (for Business)

Under W10 Servicing - Windows Insider builds are shown as "Other" Can SCCM ID these as either the build number or that they are Windows Insider builds

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Bring Servicing Plans into Parity with WUfB/Intune or Kill Them

Since the initial release of Win 10 servicing plans they haven't kept up with their WUfB/Intune companions. While I can appreciate that many are not using servicing I feel it's a bit of a chicken and egg problem.

Specifically:
    Remove SAC-T at some point (Win 10 1903 and beyond won't have it)
    Increase the delay to 365
    Configure the uninstall period (2-60)
    Support the Insider releases.

Alternatively, since WUfB is now integrated into the console just get rid of servicing plans entirely. In such case you may want to integrate the dual scan configuration into the WUfB node.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Prevent A SUP Package from Overwriting a SUP Directory tree

At 3 customer sites, someone has mistakenly entered in an incorrect path for a SUP package and overwritten the package source for other packages. For example, it's common practice to use \\server\share\<year>\<month> for package source. If I Package A uses \\server\share\<year>\<month>, and then a Package B is created and uses \\server\share\<year> as the package source, the <month> folder is overwritten and Package Source A has been corrupted. Might it be possible to prompt for "Are you SURE - this will overwrite the source for these packages:..." in such a scenario?

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Add installation progress to the Feature Updates

The lack of an "Installation Progress" indicator for most updates isn't an issue. But given the Feature Updates can take quite a while, it would be nice to have that progress percentage (perhaps just the "Mapped Global progress" form the setupact.log) displayed in Software Center.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Software Update Compliancy for Software Update Group - Report

Hi,

I'm using the Report "Compliance 1 - Overall Compliance".
    I want to check compliance of specific computers with a software update group deployed to them. However lots of computers get "Non-compliant" as status. When I click through the report the non-compliancy is coming from updates NOT included in the software update group. This doesn't seem very logic to me.

I would like to have a report which shows me the compliancy for updates ONLY included in the software update group, no other updates. As according to me it happens sometimes that updates are required but aren't deployed yet becauseā€¦

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Add deployment setting-Allow enforcement outside of maintenance window for deferred update (updates that have missed one maintenance window)

There are many benefits to having one deployment for all of our workstations. We have an ADR that approves our patches and deploys them to a singular collection. Our update schedule is segmented so that not all locations go at once. Since we only have one deployment, this assignment is carried through by maintenance windows. We would love a setting that allows the workstations to wait for their maintenance window after our approval, but as soon as it has missed one window "and is now a deferred update" then enforce outside of maint. windows. We know we could go backā€¦

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Add software updates package source restrictions or warnings

When a software updates package is created, the given path is cleared of any existing content. This is very destructive if an incorrect path is given. One of several things should happen:
    1. Restrict the location of software updates packages if another package is using the same folder or any folder below.
    2. Warn if additional content is detected in the given path for a software updates package.
    3. Not clear additional content from software updates packages source locations.

We recently ran into this with a co-worker making documentation and put in the root path for all of our packagesā€¦

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Allow us to configure Proxy server settings for the console that is downloading Software Updates

On our Primary site server, under Admin > Site System properties, we have set the proxy settings with username and password.

In our company, Domain Admins are blocked at the proxy server from accessing the internet. My colleague, who is an SCCM admin, but not a Domain Admin, can download Software Updates and add them to a Deployment Package. I am a Domain Admin, and when I try this, it fails with: "Error: Failed to download content ID 16902216. Error %1 is not a valid Win32 application."

So, that proxy setting is used by some functions of ConfigMgr, but notā€¦

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Give more granular control over the 2 hour SUP failover timeout

Currently, failover from one SUP to another SUP is always at least 2 hours. Even with the new Boundary Group design, with controllable failovers - the minimum is still 2 hours. Allow admins to control that minimum, and set it smaller than 2 hours.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Software Updates  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  15. Full Office 365 SUP WSUS Integration

Full Office 365 Integration with upstream WSUS

Ok, i try to explain my problem.
    Office 365 Updates are not fully integrated to WSUS. When i use an upstream WSUS in my environment with downloading content locally, the o365 conent is only a dummy content, the real content is downloaded from MS.

So, when my SUP has no internet connection, i have to configure a proxy for downloading it. But this is greyed out or not possible when using an upstream WSUS. I have to configure the SUP to go directly in the internet, and than i have the option, toā€¦

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Security and Non Security patches are failing with error code -2016410012

We have increased the failed patches Maximum run time from 10 min to 30 min. Please set the Maximum run time to 30 min while releasing the patches.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Force Software Updates to be installed from console

Right-click the device in console and force all available software updates to be installed immediately, regardless of deadlines and maintenance windows.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Software Update Groups - Speed up 'Edit membership'

'Edit membership' is unuseable if you've got many update groups. Please add simple tools like 'Add update(s) to existing group(s)', 'Remove update(s) from group(s)' and 'Remove Update(s) from this group' (if you're in context of an update group).
    The sub dialogues of this aditional functions shouldn't provide the information in which update group the patches are listed because the query runs too long. Just let us choose the groups form a simple search list. A filter to minimize the list of results would also be fine.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Software Updates  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  19. ADR for servers need some love

We are using ADR for a pilot group and then for two different automatic groups, but we cant use it for our manual group.

What i would love to see:

1: Be able to configure multiple deploys within the same ADR. today we are using three ADR just because it deploys to different collections with different maintenance windows.

2: Be able to use the ADR for our manual group, deploy the patches to our collection for manual servers as Available! When we need to go in to CM just to deploy patches already deployed just to get them as availableā€¦

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Software Updates  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  20. Show Deployment Package for Software Update

Would be great to have a tab on the properties of each Software Update that shows what Deployment Package(s) the update is included in. You can see what updates are in a Deployment Package, but not what Deployment Packages an updates are in.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base