Microsoft

Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager Feedback

Suggestion box powered by UserVoice - Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

Ideas

What features would you like to see?

All of the feedback that you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager, though we canā€™t promise to reply to all posts.

Please do not use UserVoice to report product bugs or for assisted support.
If you believe you have found a product bug, please send us a bug report through the Configuration Manager Console (1806 and newer). To do this, press the šŸ™‚ button in the top right corner and choose ā€œSend a Frownā€. For more details, see https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sccm/core/understand/find-help.

If you require assisted support, please see https://aka.ms/cmcbsupport for more details.

Standard Disclaimer ā€“ our lawyers made us put this here ;-)
We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, so you can give us feedback. Please note that the Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager feedback site is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. Please send only feature suggestions and ideas to improve Configuration Manager. Do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. When enabling "Upgrades" class' in SUP properties, the advice about KB3095113 is wrong, KB3095113 is superceded. Badly needs attention!!!!

When enabling the "Upgrades" classification in SCCM SUP properties, the advice about KB3095113 is wrong, KB3095113 is superceded by KB4041693. This is horrendous to unravel and badly needs clarification and attention. Please make efforts to sort this mess out, thanks.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinkingā€¦)
    0 comments  ·  Software Updates  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  2. Devices compliance status

Software Updates Dashboard - Devices Compliance Status: When adjusting Compliance Status Filters, save the chosen settings.
    Preferrably save the settings per user.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. campaigning notifications or UI for Inplace windows Upgrades

Instead of relying on custom powershell script for customization and UI design ,Is it not good to have some options in CM directly which can be used for every release of windows rollouts to have better user experience.

and may be some notifications msgbox about releases like a campaigning through SCCM.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. O365 Delta and Seperated Patch for Security/Non Security

O365 updates should have the capability of having just delta and also non security and security should be separated. This is a big need for the Organisations as Updates frequently get superseded and the size of the patch for O365 is in Gb's while as machines just need some Mb's to update. Moreover if is security then these can be applied monthly and all feature updates six monthly.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Updates delivered via "Windows 10 Servicing" or through "Surface Drivers and Firmware Updates" features never report "installed" numbers

Software Updates delivered via "Windows 10 Servicing" or through "Surface Drivers and Firmware Updates" features never report "installed" numbers. They report how many systems require the updates, or how many are unknown or not required. This makes it hard to tell how many systems have updated, especially when we're testing new drivers or new operating system versions. There are other ways of determining what OS versions are out there, but none that really help us determine which OSes upgraded to 1709 by a Windows 10 Servicing software update Vs. a Windows 10 1709 OS Upgrade task sequence (at least theseā€¦

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Software Updates  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  6. Do not supersede monthly updates with preview updates

It appears that when subsequent software update synchronizations are performed later in the month and the Preview of Monthly Rollup updates have been released by Microsoft, they are superseding the actual Monthly Quality Security updates which I've deployed, even though there is no supersedence info on the Preview update. This means that the updates I deployed are now removed from the Software Update Groups and I have to wait until the next Patch Tuesday to get any newly added servers patched with the new update.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Console notice when new or revised Update is available-per ADRs

Patch Tuesday can be hard, especially like April 2018 when an update is expired after 2 days and new version is available. Unless you knew to pull the new update in or have the ADR set to run every day, there is no way to know about this update. I don't want just a auto push on Friday Moring of Patch Tuesday week with out some kind of notice first.
    This would generate a notice that a patch X has been removed and patch Y has been added.

This would not good for Defender or some other updates but Ifā€¦

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Manage updates types in ADR

Add a possibility to easily choose or exclude cumulative / non-cumulative updates in ADR's search text

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. under software updates a custom column to set a flag if update is flawed

nice to have a self-defined column under SoftwareLibary-SoftwareUpdates-all Software Updates to mark for yourself whether an update is flawed or not. for example, set a flag (red, yellow, green)

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Patch Download should be optionally done by the site server

To make automatic deployment rules work site servers in enterprise environments needs proxy and firewall exceptions. So site servers should be able to download software updates. But in remote console sessions the console users also need proxy permissions because the downloads are done in context of the console users and for their workstations firewall exceptions need to be defined. This makes it unimpossible to run the console on a secured Workstation by an administrator account that can not access the internet. It would be usefull if we had the option to choose who downloads the patches. In example "use myā€¦

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Bug: Folders for Software Updates are not independent for Windows 10 Servicing and Office 365

Consider the following user story on 1802:

I decided to organize all my software updates that are synchronized in my hierarchy by creating folders such as YYYY-MM. After performing move operations on these updates that were released within this format I noticed that the folders are duplicated underneath the 'Windows 10 Servicing" node and Office 365 Updates node. When I browse for the updates in the folders I created under "All Software Updates" my updates visible as expected; however these folders are triplicated down the side of the console and are all empty in other nodes.

From the All Softwareā€¦

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Restrict restarts to Maintenance windows or outside defined business hours.

Restrict restarts to Maintenance windows or outside defined business hours.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Disable "Configure Automatic Updates" when enabling software updates on clients

When enabling software updates for clients in client settings, a local policy configures the ā€œintranet service update locationā€. It would make sense to also disable the ā€œConfigure automatic updates policyā€ under Computer Configuration -> policies-> Administrative Templates -> Windows Components-> Windows Update in the same local policy. This would prevent duplicate notifications from the Windows update service and prevent admins installing updates from Windows Update when a SUP is configured

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. s int32 instead string.

In this way we could compare built compilation versiĆ³n better. It's useful this comparation for build dynamics collections throught queries which gathers device with lower built compilation than current ones.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Software updates query

I would like the software updates module have an improved filter.
    Basically I want to create filters which can use NOT LIKE on columns such as severity or Product.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. "client is Windows 7, 8, or 8.1, and express download not anabled yet" error

I have enabled express update on SCCM 1802, and my windows 7 OSes are not getting patched, instead I am getting
    "CBundledUpdate::OnJobAttach - failed with error 0x87d0066a"
    "Failed to perform Job Attach to update, error = 0x87d0066a."
    "client is Windows 7, 8, or 8.1, and express download not anabled yet" errors on UpdateHandler.log
    Not to mention there is a typo "anabled". I can't find any document about how to enable windows 7's express update function on your M$ sites.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Have an option to decline or stop/prevent a Windows Update from deploying from the SCCM Console.

I wanted to block an update from deploying the other day and didn't see a button/option to say DECLINE / DONT DEPLOY within the Configuration Manager Console. I saw the update had been downloaded already, but had not been deployed. So I wanted to make sure it would not get deployed at all. I had to go into the WSUS server and decline the Update these and then re-synch the sccm database.
    Quick DECLINE or STOP / BLOCK button would be nice. Or an UNINSTALL/REMOVE button.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. With the Upgrade Readiness, a detail report that you can export to show what WU driver or why something cant upgrade.

With the Upgrade Readiness, a detail report that you can export to show what WU driver or why something cant upgrade.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. recurring schedule

anchored recurring schedule

I want to propose a feature for SCCM CB that would be easy to implement and I think would be of great use to everybody. I call it anchored recurring schedule.

So for example we can say 2nd Tuesday of the month plus a number of days. This way we can schedule deployments based on patch Tuesdays, we always deploy at a fixed offset from patch Tuesday

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Office 365 Updates

I have seen issue in my environment with Office 365 update not applying properly if Office apps are open during installation. The update is shown as successful and restart required in Software Center. After restart original Office 365 build is still installed, next Software Update Deployment Evaluation Cycle, the update is reapplied. Only way around it for me was to close Office Apps

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base