Microsoft

System Center Configuration Manager Feedback

Suggestion box powered by UserVoice

Ideas

What features would you like to see?

All of the feedback that you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building System Center Configuration Manager, though we canā€™t promise to reply to all posts.

Please do not use UserVoice to report product bugs or for assisted support.
If you believe you have found a product bug, please send us a bug report through the Configuration Manager Console (1806 and newer). To do this, press the šŸ™‚ button in the top right corner and choose ā€œSend a Frownā€. For more details, seeĀ https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sccm/core/understand/find-help.

If you require assisted support, please see https://aka.ms/cmcbsupport for more details.

Standard Disclaimer ā€“ our lawyers made us put this here ;-)
We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, so you can give us feedback. Please note that the System Center Configuration Manager feedback site is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. Please send only feature suggestions and ideas to improve Microsoft Configuration Manager. Do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms.

How can we improve Configuration Manager?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinkingā€¦)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow Periods in Software Update Group Names

When creating a Software Update Group, you cannot currently use periods in the name. For example, if you tried to create a Software Update Group named "Special Handling - .NET Framework 4.6.1" it would fail as periods are not allowed.

For bonus points, find any other disallowed characters and make the reason they are blocked go away.

Thanks for the help!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinkingā€¦)
    1 comment  ·  Software Updates  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  2. Replace the "Number of Exired Updates" column

With SCCM CB expired updates are automatically removed from SUGs. This means that the column "Number of Expired Updates" in the Software Updates Group view is redundant, the number will always be zero. I would like to see it replaced by a "Number of Superseded Updates" column instead.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Software Updates  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  3. Ability to deploy Software Update Groups to User Collections

It would make sense to have the ability to deploy software update groups to user collections. We have a few different user collections for "pilot" users. When we want to test new software we deploy to these "waves" of pilot users. This gives us the ability to not have to worry about maintaining the users primary device in a device based collection. We have device based affinity within client settings enabled. So if the user ever replaces their pc it gets updated within 48 hrs of system use. This will dynamically keep our pilot list updated. It's a PIA tryingā€¦

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Software Updates  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  4. Next Run Windows Servicing

In the Windows Servicing Rules window, it would be helpful to see the next scheduled time the Windows Service is supposed to run. If it doesn't have one, then the cell would be blank.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. make md5 available from the software update view like in wsus

useful for application white-listing having the hash available prior to deployment.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Allow more complex rules for Automatic Deployment Rules

In our environment we only have x64 workstations and use a specific version of windows 10. But currently when using a title filter you can only create an OR filter

eg. Title -86x OR 1703

I want to be able to do "Title -86x AND 1703"

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. express installation file download in console

need to reduce the download of .psf files for each Cumulative updates of Windows 10 versions, as its consuming more than 30 to 40 GB on a monthly basis. Should have a similar option on console like enable express installation on console (which is similar to enable express installation on clients)

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Windows Update Agent Version

Would it be possible to have a visual queue in the Software Updates console a hint of which KBs are delivering which Windows Update Agent?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Allow users to see all ADR properties

It would be nice to be able to see and change all properties of an ADR after it is created, such as deadline times, availability times, etc.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Enhance Filter options for Automatic Deployment Rules

The Wizard for creating automatic deployment rules is nice for people who prefer easy-to-use wizards but some of us power administrators need more options. I would like to have the opportunity to define a SQL query by myself, that gives me exactly the updates I need. The rule engine translates the filters to Sql queries. Therefore I guess it would be easy for you to implement a Text field for custom queries.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Treat Deployment Scheduling Software available time like a Collection maintenance window

The Deployment Scheduling "Software available time" is a one-time setting. Any newly imaged workstations built after that time will receive software update packages at any time during the business day. Unlike Collection maintenance windows, which only apply to the execution time for the software packages, there is no way (that I know of) currently to control the time of the download of the packages.

Either/or
    1) Provide a daily "Software available time" start time
    2) Tie the software available time to a Collection's maintenance window
    3) Define a maintenance window for "Software available for downloading".

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Firmware (UEFI/BIOS) Monitoring & Updates

Add the ability to query device model manufacturers for all drivers and specifically BIOS/UEFI versions. To then be deliverable as updates.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Add Boundary Group Selection to SUP Creation Process

It has become a semi-regular occurrence in the various communities that someone has created a new environment or rebuilt their SUPs and suddenly none of their clients updates are managed by ConfigMgr and they're getting updates direct from Microsoft.

Often the root cause is that they did not add the new SUP to any boundary groups. It's an additional step that users just need to kinda of magically know ahead of time to do. Which is to say people aren't going to know and find out the hard way.

Let's solve this somehow. For me, making boundary group selection partā€¦

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Take a look at Ninte and make sccm a bit more like that.

Ninte.com manages app updates in a very elegant way that I think sccm could implement for patches. What i am most intrigued is that I can single out a machine and check, or single out an update and check from the same console.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Add link to monitoring deployment from SUP

Whenever you are in Software Update Groups looking at the Statistics, it would be nice to click a link to view the deployment instead of having to click on Monitoring - Deployments find the deployment and view the status.

Even having the ability to right click on a SUG and View Status (like you get when you are in Deployments)

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. deploy to operating system image

When I do my monthly patch Tuesday deployments; it would be great if in addition to targeting a device collection you could also target one or more operating system images.

This would allow me to deploy all corporately approved updates not only to our systems but the images that we use to build future systems with.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. campaigning notifications or UI for Inplace windows Upgrades

Instead of relying on custom powershell script for customization and UI design ,Is it not good to have some options in CM directly which can be used for every release of windows rollouts to have better user experience.

and may be some notifications msgbox about releases like a campaigning through SCCM.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Offline Servicing and Expired updates

Hide/filter expired updates in Offline Servicing window.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. SCCM Package Export Features

Need to include the Software Package Export features for transferring package configuration to new site servers.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Report which updates were installed in Tasksequence easily

Report which updates were installed in Tasksequence easily

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base