Microsoft

Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager Feedback

Suggestion box powered by UserVoice

Ideas

What features would you like to see?

All of the feedback that you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager, though we canā€™t promise to reply to all posts.

Please do not use UserVoice to report product bugs or for assisted support.
If you believe you have found a product bug, please send us a bug report through the Configuration Manager Console (1806 and newer). To do this, press the šŸ™‚ button in the top right corner and choose ā€œSend a Frownā€. For more details, see https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sccm/core/understand/find-help.

If you require assisted support, please see https://aka.ms/cmcbsupport for more details.

Standard Disclaimer ā€“ our lawyers made us put this here ;-)
We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, so you can give us feedback. Please note that the Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager feedback site is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. Please send only feature suggestions and ideas to improve Configuration Manager. Do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. compliance baselines should allow for compliance checks against software update groups

currently we can only really select individual updates for creating a compliance baseline, it would be great if we could add compliance baselines based on a software updates group

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinkingā€¦)
    1 comment  ·  Software Updates  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  2. Windows 10 Feature Update criteria in ADR

My software update group for workstations is generated by an ADR which allows Windows 10 updates. I routinely audit the SUG to find that updates for newer Win10 feature updates have been automatically added to the SUG, which is expected according to the evaluation criteria, but I'd very much like to avoid unless we actually deploy those feature updates to our users (each CU for a Win10 feature update is huge). I currently work around this by adding title based filters (-1511, -1709 etc.), but that just seems clumsy - if I maintain 1703 firm-wide, I'd like to be ableā€¦

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Software Updates  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  3. Customize Software Update Dashboard

Customizable Software Update Dashboard

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. More options for phased deployments

Phased Deployments are generally limited to two deployments at a time, it would be great to extend this to reduce administration work over large deployments.

Additionally you have to go into the deployment and manually configure additional options such as allow clients to download over tethering, it would be handy to configure this step from the phased deployment window so you do not need to go back and set this manually in the deployment.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Keep updates only in WSUS

Allow Windows Updates to be managed through SCCM but allow users to pull the actual files from WSUS.

In smaller environments why must I download the updates on the WSUS server than have the update sync down to the SCCM server forcing me to put 60 gig worth of updates in 2 places. This should be an option.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. ADR specify group, deployment, and package name

Currently the naming of objects automatically takes the ADR rule name and appends a timestamp value. I would like to be able to specify my own naming text, e.g. "Monthly Updates - %MONTH% %YEAR%" for the software update group and deployment package. I would also like to specify the deployment names, e.g. "Monthly Updates - %MONTH% %YEAR% - No Reboot". If the ADR is run again, I want it to update the existing objects.

Even better if you simply allowed me to specify embedded PowerShell commands, e.g. "Monthly Updates - $((Get-Date).Month)-$((Get-Date).Year)". This can be done by simply processing the stringā€¦

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Ability to deploy Software Update Groups to User Collections

It would make sense to have the ability to deploy software update groups to user collections. We have a few different user collections for "pilot" users. When we want to test new software we deploy to these "waves" of pilot users. This gives us the ability to not have to worry about maintaining the users primary device in a device based collection. We have device based affinity within client settings enabled. So if the user ever replaces their pc it gets updated within 48 hrs of system use. This will dynamically keep our pilot list updated. It's a PIA tryingā€¦

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. It would be great in the Software Updates workspace or node in the console when you are viewing all updates to be able to scope of filter th

We manage both servers and workstations in our SCCM primary site. It would be great in the Software Updates workspace or node in the console when you are viewing all updates to be able to scope of filter the applicability to a collection.

Since we use the console to build software update groups based off of applicability of the updates for both servers and workstations and two different groups deploy it would be great to be able to only see what is needed for either just workstations or just servers or even better just browse to a collection and thenā€¦

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Treat Deployment Scheduling Software available time like a Collection maintenance window

The Deployment Scheduling "Software available time" is a one-time setting. Any newly imaged workstations built after that time will receive software update packages at any time during the business day. Unlike Collection maintenance windows, which only apply to the execution time for the software packages, there is no way (that I know of) currently to control the time of the download of the packages.

Either/or
    1) Provide a daily "Software available time" start time
    2) Tie the software available time to a Collection's maintenance window
    3) Define a maintenance window for "Software available for downloading".

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Server Reboot Sequence

We have very custom servers and I am using Maintenance Windows to control these Reboots. I would love to see where we can control reboots on a server...For example, we reboot a server wait for it to come back up before second server gets rebooted.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. SCCM Software updates - Be able to create Server dependencies for Software Updates

This idea is about having the possibility to create an (optional) dependancy between specified servers, so that a server will not be updated until the server it depends on is already considered fully up to date.
    This would be extremely effective -for instance- for Applications that require the Database Server to be up and running before the Application Server. Especially in large environments these are challenges that SCCM currently doesn't provide any solution for bar scheduling Application Servers in a seperate, later window (which is not ideal for multiple reasons).

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Manage Internet Facing SUP using weights

We have Internet SUP's in AMER, APAC, and EMEA. I would like to see the local client not randomly pick a SUP from the available list, but be able to determine the best SUP based upon location, response time, and home site.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Include a Patch Tuesday Phases template that can create both even and odd month ADR's to eliminate patching gaps

For those that use phases (test, pilot, production) for monthly software update deployments with multiple collections before deploying to production, two ADR's that run every other month need to be created (one for odd months and one for even months) with deployments for each patch phase, otherwise there are potentially multiple week gaps in patching the environment. Guidance on configuring even and odd ADR's should also be added to the ConfigMgr online software update documentation.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Add OneDrive sync client version to O365 Dashboard

Because Ondrive updates to different version outside of O365

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/New-OneDrive-sync-client-release-notes-845dcf18-f921-435e-bf28-4e24b95e5fc0

It would be nice to have this added to the dashboard to see where clients are not updating. As well as control this setting from SCCM much like the O365 client update. View in Software Updates and deploy the various rings accordingly.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Include Reset/Repair functionality of the Windows Update Agent

When troubleshooting failed installations of Software Updates, a simple reset of the Windows Updates Agent resolves the issue. It would be great to include some type of automated reset/repair functionality of the Windows Update Agent.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. 3rd Party Contend Management

Contend Management for 3rd Party Software Updates Catalog for publish republish or delete Contend.
    Also better cleanup for Update Database to delete 3rd Party Drivers from DB.
    And an option to recreate Partner Catalogs

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Bug - SCCM 2012 SP2 CU3 - Software Updates are all set to a 10 minute timeout.

All software updates are set to 10 minutes, and newer SCCM will set the new cumulative updates to 30 minutes. But SCCM 2012 leaves this setting at 10 minutes. Some updates are already 1gb+ in size, therefore are timing out when deployed.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Include Branch status (CB/CBB/LTSB) in Winver for Windows 10

Include Branch details whether machine is in CB, CBB or LTSB in Winver for WIndows 10.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Add "Product Family" to the search feature of Software Updates and ADR

Currently, the "Product" can be used as a search filter for Software Updates node and for ADRs, but I would like to see "Product Family" as well.

This would help in situations where you want all updates targeting the Windows OS products, but you don't want to specify 10 individual products in a search.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Console notice when new or revised Update is available-per ADRs

Patch Tuesday can be hard, especially like April 2018 when an update is expired after 2 days and new version is available. Unless you knew to pull the new update in or have the ADR set to run every day, there is no way to know about this update. I don't want just a auto push on Friday Moring of Patch Tuesday week with out some kind of notice first.
    This would generate a notice that a patch X has been removed and patch Y has been added.

This would not good for Defender or some other updates but Ifā€¦

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base