Microsoft

System Center Configuration Manager Feedback

Suggestion box powered by UserVoice

Ideas

What features would you like to see?

All of the feedback that you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building System Center Configuration Manager, though we can’t promise to reply to all posts.

Please do not use UserVoice to report product bugs or for assisted support.
If you believe you have found a product bug, please send us a bug report through the Configuration Manager Console (1806 and newer). To do this, press the 🙂 button in the top right corner and choose “Send a Frown”. For more details, see https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sccm/core/understand/find-help.

If you require assisted support, please see https://aka.ms/cmcbsupport for more details.

Standard Disclaimer – our lawyers made us put this here ;-)
We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, so you can give us feedback. Please note that the System Center Configuration Manager feedback site is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. Please send only feature suggestions and ideas to improve Microsoft Configuration Manager. Do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms.

How can we improve Configuration Manager?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. sccm/wsus

I feel that sccm/wsus requires a lot of improvements:

1 - software update detections should be improve to analyze and detect missing/required updates
    2- software updates installation should be install in sequence not on which deployment reaches first. should be a way to modified the install base on date and time.
    3- a better scheduling for the deployment that will allow the updates to be install during a flexible time and another for the downloading of the patches
    4- bring back the use of restart and update, or shutdown and update, this were very useful

I still feel that the…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Software Updates  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow to Pick Collection in "Add Criteria" list under All Software Updates

Is it possible to allow pick collection in "Add Criteria" list under All Software Updates? This will allow us to quickly filter only required updates for systems in particular collection and quickly create Software Update Group.
    Just like report "Compliance 4 - Updates by vendor month year" which allows us to pick collection.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Show update size in the console

Make it possible to see update size in the console appropriate field which is always empty as of now. The only one way to see update size is by clicking out each update and checking "Content Information" tab.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Software Updates showing up as double

Is there a fix on the way for updates that show up double?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. "client is Windows 7, 8, or 8.1, and express download not anabled yet" error

I have enabled express update on SCCM 1802, and my windows 7 OSes are not getting patched, instead I am getting
    "CBundledUpdate::OnJobAttach - failed with error 0x87d0066a"
    "Failed to perform Job Attach to update, error = 0x87d0066a."
    "client is Windows 7, 8, or 8.1, and express download not anabled yet" errors on UpdateHandler.log
    Not to mention there is a typo "anabled". I can't find any document about how to enable windows 7's express update function on your M$ sites.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Software Updates  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Windows 10 Servicing allow property filter

In the Upgrades section of Windows 10 Servicing Plans it would be nice to be able to filter either by date released or by "most recent version" so that we don't end up with a huge Package containing all previous versions. We want the whole thing to be automated, not generate a new Plan every 6 months.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Auto update software on pc with software installed

A nice feature would could be if a PC already has a certian piece of software installed and I release a new version it will automatically install update. I could just use required deployment but that will install on all PCs which is not needed.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Better updates visibility before selecting category.

We cannot see what updates we would be able to download by selecting a certain category on the software update point, without actually downloading the updates that fit that category. For example, try finding KB4013214 on WSUS. Impossible. Why is it so easy for Consumer to upgrade to 1703 but enterprise customers get shafted with WSUS not containing the updates you need?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Change "Updates were installed" date after patching is completed on cliet

After patching is complete on the client, the "Updates were installed" date in Windows Update does not change to the current date. a feature that would update this date after a successful patching is complete on the client will be extremely for reporting

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Create configurable Report of updates / Security Bulletins

Report would be configurable to have date ranges, vender, security, updates, etc similiar to reports against a given machine. This would be able to be turned into a subscription that can be emailed after a WSUS update is performed. This way the admins can see what has been released since the last WSUS update or a given date for a specific list of update requirements. Never miss an out-of-band notice.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Software Update Group-Compliance Details

It will be good to have a "COMPLIANCE" tab to check the compliance percentage for any SUG deployed to multiple collections. As of now, if we need to check for the compliance percent for any SUG. We cannot check it under the "Deployment" node and instead have to go to the particular collection's Deployments node to check the compliance percentage.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Automatic Deployment Rules

It would be great if when you configure a rule of automatic deployment, we could set through a calendar for the ADR-Automatic Deployment Rules run.

In my environment, I need the rule of automatic deployment run from Monday to Friday, because I enable Wake On Lan feature to customers with upgrade and SCAN the SCEP-antimalware System Center solution Endpoint Protection set.

- - -
    Seria ótimo se ao configurar uma Regra de implantação automática, pudêssemos definir através de um calendário os dias para a ADR -Automatic Deployment Ruyles executar.

No meu ambiente, necessito que a regra de implantação automática execute…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. windows 10 1803 with newer updates shows as "Other"

Windows 10 1803 builds with more recent cumulative updates show up as "Other" on the Windows 10 servicing summary. This is with SCCM 1802 with all hotfixes installed.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. compliance baselines should allow for compliance checks against software update groups

currently we can only really select individual updates for creating a compliance baseline, it would be great if we could add compliance baselines based on a software updates group

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Software Updates  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Merge Windows 10 Servicing menu to Software Updates menu

Hello Team,

I have noticed that when we create a Windows 10 Servicing plan, that the deployement package is on the Sofware Updates -> Deployment Packages.

And so may be i think it could be nice to get all option on the same way : i mean it should be annoying to navigate from Windows 10 Servicing menu to Software Updates menu in order to find the Windows 10 Servicing Deployment Packages.

Henri

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Windows 10 Feature Update criteria in ADR

My software update group for workstations is generated by an ADR which allows Windows 10 updates. I routinely audit the SUG to find that updates for newer Win10 feature updates have been automatically added to the SUG, which is expected according to the evaluation criteria, but I'd very much like to avoid unless we actually deploy those feature updates to our users (each CU for a Win10 feature update is huge). I currently work around this by adding title based filters (-1511, -1709 etc.), but that just seems clumsy - if I maintain 1703 firm-wide, I'd like to be able…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Manage updates types in ADR

Add a possibility to easily choose or exclude cumulative / non-cumulative updates in ADR's search text

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. O365 Delta and Seperated Patch for Security/Non Security

O365 updates should have the capability of having just delta and also non security and security should be separated. This is a big need for the Organisations as Updates frequently get superseded and the size of the patch for O365 is in Gb's while as machines just need some Mb's to update. Moreover if is security then these can be applied monthly and all feature updates six monthly.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. ADR engine improvements

- when naming ADR, it would be good to have an option to create a name convention when creating the update group. not just <ADRName>+DateTime, but could use some variables like %MM% %YYYY%, etc.

- it would be good to have some exclusions options on the search, like exclude when text does not contain, maybe restrict by platform, etc. like the filter we can create on the console but adding options for a more complex with and's and or's

- multiple collection/template based on time as well as ability to exclude updates based on update group. scenario is when you…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. DEPLOY SOFTWARE UPDATES WIZARD FUNCTION WHEN STARTED TO DOWNLOAD THERE IS NO ABILITY TO STOP

DEPLOY SOFTWARE UPDATES WIZARD FUNCTION WHEN STARTED TO DOWNLOAD THERE IS NO ABILITY TO STOP ..
    IN MY SITUATION I STARTED AND FOUND THAT I STARTED ON ALOT OF UPDATES AND NEED TO EDIT
    BUT I CANT

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base