Microsoft

System Center Configuration Manager Feedback

Suggestion box powered by UserVoice

Ideas

What features would you like to see?

All of the feedback that you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building System Center Configuration Manager, though we canā€™t promise to reply to all posts.

Please do not use UserVoice to report product bugs or for assisted support.
If you believe you have found a product bug, please send us a bug report through the Configuration Manager Console (1806 and newer). To do this, press the šŸ™‚ button in the top right corner and choose ā€œSend a Frownā€. For more details, seeĀ https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sccm/core/understand/find-help.

If you require assisted support, please see https://aka.ms/cmcbsupport for more details.

Standard Disclaimer ā€“ our lawyers made us put this here ;-)
We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, so you can give us feedback. Please note that the System Center Configuration Manager feedback site is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. Please send only feature suggestions and ideas to improve Microsoft Configuration Manager. Do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms.

How can we improve Configuration Manager?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinkingā€¦)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Be able to run a program before software updates deployment

We use encryption and have a bypass script but need a way to have it run prior to updates installing or at least prior to updates causing a reboot.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinkingā€¦)
    0 comments  ·  Software Updates  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  2. server groups patching passive and active nodes

Server Groups - Would be nice to see some options on Patching Clusters with regards to patching the passive node/active node in the server group during its maintenance window. Right now im having to solve for this with making patches available to the collection and then running powershells to determine which node is passive. would save tons of time if we just had the feature built into Server Groups as another option along side the others (allow percentage, allow a number, specify sequence, etc....)

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Windows 10 Feature Update criteria in ADR

My software update group for workstations is generated by an ADR which allows Windows 10 updates. I routinely audit the SUG to find that updates for newer Win10 feature updates have been automatically added to the SUG, which is expected according to the evaluation criteria, but I'd very much like to avoid unless we actually deploy those feature updates to our users (each CU for a Win10 feature update is huge). I currently work around this by adding title based filters (-1511, -1709 etc.), but that just seems clumsy - if I maintain 1703 firm-wide, I'd like to be ableā€¦

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Automatically Publish Full Content for Third Party Software Updates

With the release of CB 1806 we are now able to publish third party updates using custom catalogs. Ideally, third party patches would function exactly like first party patches from an administration and automation perspective. Currently there's two main areas where this is not the case.

Synchronization Schedule:
    I could be wrong on this but I believe that subscribed catalogs sync automatically every 24-hours. While that's nice, it would be great to simply integrate with the existing sync schedule. Sync the catalogs, publish relevant metadata to WSUS, then sync the SUP(s).

Automatic Deployment Rules:
    Currently, only update metadata is publishedā€¦

248 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    12 comments  ·  Software Updates  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  5. Improve performance of 'Install Software Update' Task Sequence step (outside of OSD)

I've been using a custom made Task Sequence to deploy updates to a number of servers in our environment, and I've noticed that performance of the 'Install Software Updates' TS step. The main reason for using this approach is that I can run additional pre- and post- installation steps (like disabling/re-enabling app services, etc.) which simplifies the process and allows scalability. Usually, a deployment is created well in advance that advertises the required SUG (deployed as available) to a particular set of machines and all I need is to have only the updates that are made available for the serverā€¦

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. If you rename a Software Update Group, ADR is not working anymore

Hi,

please check if this is a bug or we made something weird: If you rename a Software Update Group which is created by an Automatic Deployment Group, the ADR is crashing on next run.

Sometimes we need to rename them if a product is added or removed.

Cool Option would be if you rename an ADR, the Name of the Group + Deployment will be updated with a new Name, too.

Thanks in Advance

Florian

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Custom Update Description in Software Center

Would be good if you could change the description of the Office 365 updates to match the update text or at least not include the paragraph about it not being possible to deploy via WSUS. It's just not something that needs to be visible in Software Center.

Either that or allow administrators to overwrite the description visible in Software Center for users similar to custom severity. It's not a big thing, but I've had a few people ask about it.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Server Reboot Sequence

We have very custom servers and I am using Maintenance Windows to control these Reboots. I would love to see where we can control reboots on a server...For example, we reboot a server wait for it to come back up before second server gets rebooted.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Software Updates  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  9. Automatically update software update groups when updates are superseded

It would be nice if SCCM automatically removed superseded updates from Software Update Groups and replaced them with the superseding update. I can see the supersedence trail for each update, so SCCM can tell me the KB number of an new update that supersedes a previous update, now just make the swap!

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. SU download from MS for DA/VPN computers only (rest via DP)

The 1806 feature to download from MS directly is great. But once the SU is downloaded it won't work anymore. Would like to have the option to deploy in different ways (DA clients to pull from MS, on site clients from DP).

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Windows feature update with latest windows cummulative Update

Provide the feature updates to newer windows version including the latest Windows CU.
    Currently the upgrade to 1803 is done to the RTM version. Thus already solved Windows bugs appear (e.g. low disk space, additional drive letter).
    When upgrading with the latest CU, these issues dont happen.
    TaskSequence is no option also the installation of the CU afterwards as the bug have raised before.
    The opened support case was closed with the information to post the DCR here.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Integrate GitHub and SCUP

When your devs publish a new version in Git it automatically creates an update catalog entry. We can then use SCUP to push that new version to our clients.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Office 365 Updates

I have seen issue in my environment with Office 365 update not applying properly if Office apps are open during installation. The update is shown as successful and restart required in Software Center. After restart original Office 365 build is still installed, next Software Update Deployment Evaluation Cycle, the update is reapplied. Only way around it for me was to close Office Apps

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Keep updates only in WSUS

Allow Windows Updates to be managed through SCCM but allow users to pull the actual files from WSUS.

In smaller environments why must I download the updates on the WSUS server than have the update sync down to the SCCM server forcing me to put 60 gig worth of updates in 2 places. This should be an option.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Software Updates  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  15. recurring schedule

anchored recurring schedule

I want to propose a feature for SCCM CB that would be easy to implement and I think would be of great use to everybody. I call it anchored recurring schedule.

So for example we can say 2nd Tuesday of the month plus a number of days. This way we can schedule deployments based on patch Tuesdays, we always deploy at a fixed offset from patch Tuesday

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. The Office 365 updates behavior in SCCM 1802 still feels off and unpolished

We still see prompts for closing running office applications and while Software Center displays a reboot required, the update doesn't seem to get installed unless manually triggered through the in-app notification.

63 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Software Updates  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  17. script query of automatic deploy rules

PowerShell scripting or WQL queries of automatic deploy rules for selection of update filtering in the SCCM Console.

For example, to filter out everything but ā€œFeature update to windows 10 (business editions), version 1803, en-usā€ I must use the query shown in the attachment.

1803 OR -gb OR -consumer (1803 OR NOT gb OR NOT consumer)

Because OR is the only logical join and the ā€˜-ā€˜ is a literal character and ā€˜-ā€˜ means NOT I have to filter with negative logic.

A bigger issue is that when a new version comes out I must manually change the query to changeā€¦

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. With the Upgrade Readiness, a detail report that you can export to show what WU driver or why something cant upgrade.

With the Upgrade Readiness, a detail report that you can export to show what WU driver or why something cant upgrade.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Allow an option for creating sub-folder's under software updates

we can separate SUG created under tree structured under
    software groups & easy to manage monthly.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. add software update to software update group

I would like the ability to right click > add to software update group. this would be much faster to choose my own SUG rather than waiting on the list of SUG's to populate and mark a checkbox to add the update to the SUG. this would be the same functionality as adding a device to a new collection or existing collection.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base