Microsoft

System Center Configuration Manager Feedback

Suggestion box powered by UserVoice

Ideas

What features would you like to see?

All of the feedback that you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building System Center Configuration Manager, though we canā€™t promise to reply to all posts.

Please do not use UserVoice to report product bugs or for assisted support.
If you believe you have found a product bug, please send us a bug report through the Configuration Manager Console (1806 and newer). To do this, press the šŸ™‚ button in the top right corner and choose ā€œSend a Frownā€. For more details, seeĀ https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sccm/core/understand/find-help.

If you require assisted support, please see https://aka.ms/cmcbsupport for more details.

Standard Disclaimer ā€“ our lawyers made us put this here ;-)
We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, so you can give us feedback. Please note that the System Center Configuration Manager feedback site is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. Please send only feature suggestions and ideas to improve Microsoft Configuration Manager. Do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms.

How can we improve Configuration Manager?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinkingā€¦)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Please forward internal links for Features on Demand and languagepacks to WSUS

On Windows 10 i can download and change the user language, but as SCCM-Client i use WSUS for Software updates. Windows 10 can't connect to Windows Update or WSUS to download LP's or Features. But both is in WSUS available. Only a Workaround (disable or remove the UseWSUSServer = 1 DWORD in Registry) make thr download available for a short time

36 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinkingā€¦)
    3 comments  ·  Software Updates  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  2. Additional filters for Automatic Deployment Rules

In Automatic Deployment Rules, you have the option to specify a few filters. It would be nice to have more filter options available. At a minimum, it would be nice to have Downloaded, Deployed, and Expired. Ideally, it would be nice to have all the same filters you can specify from the "All Software Updates" view.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Software Updates  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  3. Software Updates - Need an Option to Control the Auto deployment of Revised updates

WSUS has an inbuilt option to control the approval /Auto Approval of revised updates.
    However ConfigMgr is missing this feature. This is causing the revised updates to get auto installed on the clients if the deployment is active.
    The latest example for this issue was KB3172605. This was revised by MS and caused auto install with reboot on clients

95 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Noted  ·  1 comment  ·  Software Updates  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  4. Show Patch/Software Update Size

When building software update packages in SCCM we run into having to build a deployment package to see what size the updates are. The issue we are having is managing the size of these packages which are frequently getting into the multiple GB range. One we ran recently hit almost 6 GB.

This information is on the Windows Update Catalog site, but it doesn't appear to be in SCCM or WSUS. I'm guessing that it isn't in the data that is available to WSUS and as a result SCCM doesn't get it either. It would be very useful if weā€¦

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Automatic Deployment Rules create 'available' deployment.

I would like to create my ADR deployments for servers as available instead of required. This allows more control over server patching. Currently I create the package as required and then I have to alter it for servers that I do not want unattended installations.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Software Updates  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  6. ADR option: Exclude Downloaded or Deployed updates

Provide additional ADR options to exclude updates which have already been downloaded and deployed. This will keep SUGs cleaner and smaller for those who run a monthly ADR with the option required >=1.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Software Updates  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  7. Select Multiple Collections for Software Update Groups

It would nice if we could select multiple collections when deploying Software update groups. For example: We have a Server Pilot and Workstation Pilot. We are deploying the same Software update group why cant we be able to select multiple collections to deploy the SUG to.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Add support for Drivers Update Classification (as we had in CM 2007)

to update Surface Hardware with latest Firmware and Drivers we need Drivers category in configmgr 2012 and later as we had it in CM 2007.

That would be much easier than deploying an msi file.

57 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Software Updates  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  9. Allow us to configure Proxy server settings for the console that is downloading Software Updates

On our Primary site server, under Admin > Site System properties, we have set the proxy settings with username and password.

In our company, Domain Admins are blocked at the proxy server from accessing the internet. My colleague, who is an SCCM admin, but not a Domain Admin, can download Software Updates and add them to a Deployment Package. I am a Domain Admin, and when I try this, it fails with: "Error: Failed to download content ID 16902216. Error %1 is not a valid Win32 application."

So, that proxy setting is used by some functions of ConfigMgr, but notā€¦

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. PatchDownloader Retry (Increase ADR reliability)

Increase the redundancy and reliability of the PatchDownloader process. I am often at customers where the process fails to download one or more updates which affect ADRs (and admin frustration). It would be awesome if the process included extra checks or attempted to download the patch 1 or more times before declaring a failure.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Windows 10 Servicing Dashboard: Make it clickable

When I go to the Windows 10 Servicing Dashboard, I got a nice PieChart of the Windows 10 Clients and their Version.
    But when I click on the PieChart, nothing happens. It would be great to have the same experience on this Dashboard like on the SCEP Dashboards.
    That means, if I click on the PieChart one of the Windows 10 Version, a new collection would be opened, with the corresponding Devices.

188 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Software Updates  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  12. ConfigMgr SUM installs should update the date of last install in Windows Update control panel applet

When you only use ConfigMgr to install updates, the date on the Windows Update control panel applet often reflects something that is really inaccurate as ConfigMgr doesn't update it. This often leads to a very negative reaction of "I thought those darn ConfigMgr admins were updating our workstations and servers!?!" And then we have to explain that we are, but that date doesn't get changed.

Can we please just ensure that when Software Update Management installs any updates, the Windows Update control panel applet gets set to the current date?

I stole the screenshots from this thread: https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/b33dd5b2-64b3-476d-8fc5-232cbafced47/sccm-updates-are-installed-but-windows-update-status-wrong?forum=ConfigMgrCompliance

And Iā€¦

70 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Software Updates  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  13. When SCCM patches a system, the "Updates were installed" field in Control Panel/Windows Update is not updated.

When SCCM patches a system, the "Updates were installed" field in Control Panel/Windows Update is not updated. It would be helpful if this date/time is updated. We have had some end users go to us and say they have not been patched recently.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Add 'Next Run Time' Column in the Automatic Deployment Rules

In the Automatic Deployment Rules window, it would be helpful to see the next scheduled time the ADR is supposed to run. If it doesn't have one, then the cell would be blank.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Force Software Updates to be installed from console

Right-click the device in console and force all available software updates to be installed immediately, regardless of deadlines and maintenance windows.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Software Updates Graph

When you are looking up a certain software update and it shows you that 53 are non complainant that you could click on the graph that shows 53 and would bring up those machines by name to go apply the updated too.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Office 365 ProPlus Build Rollback

Love the integration with Office 365. Can we add the ability to rollback to a previous build and disable the automatic update? The use case here is, if a build is tested and deployed because no issues were detected and if an issue is discovered, there is no easy way to rollback to the previous build. Having such ability would empower administrators to quickly react.

53 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Deploy Windows 10 language pack & FOD using software update

It would be very convenient if we could deploy language packs and FOD from software updates as these packages change with new windows builds and sometimes new revisions.
    Current options require a lot of time and testing.
    If we could just add language packs and FOD to a software group and target the deployment this will make the process much faster and with new windows build it will require minimal amount of time to enable the updated LP files/updates

Currently this does not work as the updates are detected as not required on the machines and it would be goodā€¦

57 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Add More User Control Over Windows 10 Branch Upgrades

Currently Windows 10 branch upgrades act similarly to Windows updates. We would like to have more control to release them not unlike the Windows 10 upgrade released by Microsoft where there is a deadline but say, daily notices that users should upgrade.

It would also be handy to have a message talking about the upgrade taking longer than normal with some kind of time given say 30-45 minutes or more accurate times based of telemetry if it's available.

As our fleet moves to Windows 10 we foresee this being more and more an issue.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Improve the ADR engine

Improve the ADR engine

- Automate the cleanup of the previous software update groups created by the rules, i.e. before creating a new SUG it will check for older SUG members and based on criteria automatically manage updates that are member of a specific SUG. If updates are published or revised in 2016 then move the updates to our 2016 SUG, or previous month etc. Or, if they are superseeded or expired then remove the updates from the SUG...

- Allow to name the deployment create by the ADR, this will be useful for reporting purpose if you have moreā€¦

39 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Noted  ·  5 comments  ·  Software Updates  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
1 2 6 8 10 21 22
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base