Microsoft

System Center Configuration Manager Feedback

Suggestion box powered by UserVoice

Ideas

What features would you like to see?

All of the feedback that you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building System Center Configuration Manager, though we can’t promise to reply to all posts.

Please do not use UserVoice to report product bugs or for assisted support.
If you believe you have found a product bug, please send us a bug report through the Configuration Manager Console (1806 and newer). To do this, press the 🙂 button in the top right corner and choose “Send a Frown”. For more details, see https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sccm/core/understand/find-help.

If you require assisted support, please see https://aka.ms/cmcbsupport for more details.

Standard Disclaimer – our lawyers made us put this here ;-)
We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, so you can give us feedback. Please note that the System Center Configuration Manager feedback site is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. Please send only feature suggestions and ideas to improve Microsoft Configuration Manager. Do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Security and Non Security patches are failing with error code -2016410012

We have increased the failed patches Maximum run time from 10 min to 30 min. Please set the Maximum run time to 30 min while releasing the patches.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Software Updates  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Give us the ability to customize the maximum run time based on update type

The Cumulative Updates for Windows Server 2016 are taking longer and longer every month. I'm now seeing a lot of servers reaching the timeout after 60 minutes, and I have to bump it up to 90 for them to successfully install the update the following month. Could you give us a way to specify a custom maximum run time for Cumulative Updates and the Monthly Rollups so we can adjust it ourselves as they get bigger and take longer?

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Console notice when new or revised Update is available-per ADRs

Patch Tuesday can be hard, especially like April 2018 when an update is expired after 2 days and new version is available. Unless you knew to pull the new update in or have the ADR set to run every day, there is no way to know about this update. I don't want just a auto push on Friday Moring of Patch Tuesday week with out some kind of notice first.
    This would generate a notice that a patch X has been removed and patch Y has been added.

This would not good for Defender or some other updates but If…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Software Updates  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Client notification for Grace Period-show when install will occur

Client notifications (application/update deployment) associated with the new grace period feature should display a countdown notification so users are informed of the installation deadline and the amount of time remaining in the grace period. All to ensure they know how much time they have to complete their work.
    E.G “Deployment will become mandatory in “X” number of hours (or minutes)”

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Manage Internet Facing SUP using weights

We have Internet SUP's in AMER, APAC, and EMEA. I would like to see the local client not randomly pick a SUP from the available list, but be able to determine the best SUP based upon location, response time, and home site.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Bug: Folders for Software Updates are not independent for Windows 10 Servicing and Office 365

Consider the following user story on 1802:

I decided to organize all my software updates that are synchronized in my hierarchy by creating folders such as YYYY-MM. After performing move operations on these updates that were released within this format I noticed that the folders are duplicated underneath the 'Windows 10 Servicing" node and Office 365 Updates node. When I browse for the updates in the folders I created under "All Software Updates" my updates visible as expected; however these folders are triplicated down the side of the console and are all empty in other nodes.

From the All Software…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Patch Download should be optionally done by the site server

To make automatic deployment rules work site servers in enterprise environments needs proxy and firewall exceptions. So site servers should be able to download software updates. But in remote console sessions the console users also need proxy permissions because the downloads are done in context of the console users and for their workstations firewall exceptions need to be defined. This makes it unimpossible to run the console on a secured Workstation by an administrator account that can not access the internet. It would be usefull if we had the option to choose who downloads the patches. In example "use my…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. ADR add possibility to set a User for "download software updates from a location on my network"

Please add a possibility to specify a user which the ADR will use to download the content.
    In a infrastructure with a DMZ and a own untrusted domain, it is not possible to set a user which is downloading the Updates from a WSUS. Till now SCCM is always using the system account of the Site Server to download the Updates.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. under software updates a custom column to set a flag if update is flawed

nice to have a self-defined column under SoftwareLibary-SoftwareUpdates-all Software Updates to mark for yourself whether an update is flawed or not. for example, set a flag (red, yellow, green)

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Updates delivered via "Windows 10 Servicing" or through "Surface Drivers and Firmware Updates" features never report "installed" numbers

Software Updates delivered via "Windows 10 Servicing" or through "Surface Drivers and Firmware Updates" features never report "installed" numbers. They report how many systems require the updates, or how many are unknown or not required. This makes it hard to tell how many systems have updated, especially when we're testing new drivers or new operating system versions. There are other ways of determining what OS versions are out there, but none that really help us determine which OSes upgraded to 1709 by a Windows 10 Servicing software update Vs. a Windows 10 1709 OS Upgrade task sequence (at least these…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Software Updates  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Manage updates types in ADR

Add a possibility to easily choose or exclude cumulative / non-cumulative updates in ADR's search text

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Do not supersede monthly updates with preview updates

It appears that when subsequent software update synchronizations are performed later in the month and the Preview of Monthly Rollup updates have been released by Microsoft, they are superseding the actual Monthly Quality Security updates which I've deployed, even though there is no supersedence info on the Preview update. This means that the updates I deployed are now removed from the Software Update Groups and I have to wait until the next Patch Tuesday to get any newly added servers patched with the new update.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Quit Filtering out Windows 10 and Office 365 Client Updates from the All Software Updates node

The All Software Updates node should be just what it says - ALL SOFTWARE UPDATES.

However, since the addition of the Windows 10 and Office 365 servicing nodes, the All Software Updates node no longer includes Windows 10 and Office 365 updates. This is confusing and unnecessary behavior IMO.

It also makes the process to add these updates to the same SUGs as other updates more work as you can't query them all in the same pane. You have to query and add all non Windows 10 and non Office 365 Client updates to the SUG, then go to the…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. O365 Delta and Seperated Patch for Security/Non Security

O365 updates should have the capability of having just delta and also non security and security should be separated. This is a big need for the Organisations as Updates frequently get superseded and the size of the patch for O365 is in Gb's while as machines just need some Mb's to update. Moreover if is security then these can be applied monthly and all feature updates six monthly.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Recommend hotfix upgrades when they are detected and notify the admin

I think this is a bug.

I'm running 1710 with hotfixes and when I'm configuring the SUP classifications it warns about 2 hotfixes related to the Upgrades classification (see attached).

The hotfixes are for Windows Server 2012 and I'm running Windows Server 2016. There is not an update for my platform although I'm being warned.

I think the proper behavior should be:

If hotfixes are available and not installed that apply to the version of Server OS and WSUS being used, then alert. Otherwise do not alert.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. campaigning notifications or UI for Inplace windows Upgrades

Instead of relying on custom powershell script for customization and UI design ,Is it not good to have some options in CM directly which can be used for every release of windows rollouts to have better user experience.

and may be some notifications msgbox about releases like a campaigning through SCCM.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Windows Update Agent Self Update

According to Microsoft support, on Windows 10, the only way the Windows Update Agent version is update is via the monthly cumulative updates. For Windows 10 the Windows Update Agent version is updated on a more frequent basis then older OS versions due to the new feature update servicing function. On OS versions before Windows 10 the Windows Update Agent version was able to be updated via the WSUS SelfUpdate website.

Only including the WUA version updates using the monthly cumulative updates can cause problems that you might not notice right away. This is especially true if you don't deploy…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Devices compliance status

Software Updates Dashboard - Devices Compliance Status: When adjusting Compliance Status Filters, save the chosen settings.
    Preferrably save the settings per user.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. System Center Configuration Manager - Scheduled Updates - ISO now have multiple indexes

It would be beneficial to allow users to pick which index gets updated, right now the default is 1 causing the scheduled update to fail.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Software Updates  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base