Microsoft

System Center Configuration Manager Feedback

Suggestion box powered by UserVoice

Ideas

What features would you like to see?

All of the feedback that you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building System Center Configuration Manager, though we canā€™t promise to reply to all posts.

Please do not use UserVoice to report product bugs or for assisted support.
If you believe you have found a product bug, please send us a bug report through the Configuration Manager Console (1806 and newer). To do this, press the šŸ™‚ button in the top right corner and choose ā€œSend a Frownā€. For more details, seeĀ https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sccm/core/understand/find-help.

If you require assisted support, please see https://aka.ms/cmcbsupport for more details.

Standard Disclaimer ā€“ our lawyers made us put this here ;-)
We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, so you can give us feedback. Please note that the System Center Configuration Manager feedback site is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. Please send only feature suggestions and ideas to improve Microsoft Configuration Manager. Do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms.

How can we improve Configuration Manager?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinkingā€¦)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Ability to automatically install Windows 10 ADK releases (or rollback or apply hotfix) via Updates and Servicing.

The windows 10 adk has changed a few times since the original release of Windows 10, there have been two major releases and one hotfix to fix issues with the second release, as a consequence of that many people got jittery about upgrading to ADK 10 1511.

How are we going to deal with this in a good way, a really good way. Prior to this we didn't have to upgrade our boot images every 6 months or so.

Here's the suggestion:-

#1. When we update from 1602 to 1607 (or whatever) to support the next generation of Windows, itā€¦

765 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinkingā€¦)
    13 comments  ·  Software Updates  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
    Noted  ·  sangeev responded

Updated to Noted. We’ve been discussing the same in our planning meetings.

Thanks,
    BobMN on behalf of SangeeV for SCCM OS Deployment

2. Install Servicing Stack Updates Before Other Updates

Currently, when servicing stack updates and regular updates are deployed in the same software update group, the patches do not apply in a determinant order. This leads to cases where a cumulative update that requires a new servicing stack is installed before the servicing stack itself.

While this can be worked around by separately deploying the servicing stack update before updates that require said servicing stack, it would be much more convenient if the update installation process checked if there are any servicing stack updates to be deployed and automatically installed them first

666 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    11 comments  ·  Software Updates  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  3. Implement native cluster aware patching within SCCM to support cluster aware updating

Implement native cluster aware patching with SCCM to support cluster aware updating.

608 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    29 comments  ·  Software Updates  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  4. Implement function to remove Windows Updates from clients with Software Update Point

With a standalone WSUS-Server deployed Windows Updates can be uninstalled/removed from clients. With SCCM SUP this is not possible,
    Implement a function to remove installed Windows Updates from clients.

600 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Noted  ·  16 comments  ·  Software Updates  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  5. 3rd Party Patching - Catalogs

Enable easier integration with partner products or have the ability to pull down 3rd party catalogs.

263 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Noted  ·  3 comments  ·  Software Updates  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  6. Exclude Updates

The ability to exclude a single or multiple updates with a simple Right Click > Exclude or Menu item.

255 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    13 comments  ·  Software Updates  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  7. Automatically Publish Full Content for Third Party Software Updates

With the release of CB 1806 we are now able to publish third party updates using custom catalogs. Ideally, third party patches would function exactly like first party patches from an administration and automation perspective. Currently there's two main areas where this is not the case.

Synchronization Schedule:
    I could be wrong on this but I believe that subscribed catalogs sync automatically every 24-hours. While that's nice, it would be great to simply integrate with the existing sync schedule. Sync the catalogs, publish relevant metadata to WSUS, then sync the SUP(s).

Automatic Deployment Rules:
    Currently, only update metadata is publishedā€¦

248 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    12 comments  ·  Software Updates  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  8. ADR New Search Criteria, Deployed = yes/no

I propose a new search criteria for ADR, to avoid multiple deployments for a single update. This is a pain to clean up afterwards.

220 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    12 comments  ·  Software Updates  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  9. ADR Available Deployments

I would like to see ADR's support the creation of Available deployments in addition to Required deployments. We have some business cases where a certain subset of servers are aren't allowed to "push" software updates to until the server/app owners have verified the patches.

The issue is that these servers don't have connectivity to the internet so we have to deliver them via ConfigMgr. By creating an Available update using an ADR, it streamlines our ability to "deliver" the updates to all systems, and allow the Patching Team, or App/Server owner to patch according to their own business schedules.

205 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    19 comments  ·  Software Updates  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  10. Windows 10 Servicing Dashboard: Make it clickable

When I go to the Windows 10 Servicing Dashboard, I got a nice PieChart of the Windows 10 Clients and their Version.
    But when I click on the PieChart, nothing happens. It would be great to have the same experience on this Dashboard like on the SCEP Dashboards.
    That means, if I click on the PieChart one of the Windows 10 Version, a new collection would be opened, with the corresponding Devices.

185 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Software Updates  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  11. Show Machines within Console that Require Updates

You know that "x" number of machines require this update. Would you please list the machines names below. Screenshot for what I would like.

177 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Software Updates  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  12. Add support for "Hotfix" Update classification

SCCM should be able to support all updates made available in the MS catalog.
    The MS Update Catalog lists hotfixes which makes WSUS more useful than SCCM. If WSUS can rollout a hotfix why can't SCCM?
    Example KB2728738 is a hotfix available in the MS Update Catalog (http://Catalog.Update.microsoft.com/v7/Site/Search.aspx?q=2728738) yet it can not be imported to SCCM as the "Hotfix" class is not available.
    MS Support suggest to follow an non MS consultants blog http://ccmexec.com/2012/02/installing-multiple-windows-7-hotfixes-msu-with-sccm/
    As MS continue to create more and more Hotfixes in replacement of proper updates this makes SCCM Update component less and less useful.

155 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Software Updates  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  13. Force clients to download updates from Microsoft update site.

With more and more people working from home these days, having the ability to specify in a Software Update Group deployment to force download from MS update site would be terrific. I'd still like those clients to download content for applications from the internal DP over VPN, but downloading monthly updates would be much quicker if you could force them to use internet instead of VPN.

108 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Add 80072ee2 as a default code to the WSUS Scan Retry Error Codes

If a SUP/WSUS server is offline or in a disaster situation, clients should be allowed to failover to another SUP.

Currently if a SUP goes offline, clients simply will never scan again, and this is not an ideal situation.

106 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Software Updates  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  15. criteria in software updates filtering for Title

During the software update filter section ,I want to exclude updates with title malicious,itanium and security only but for this ,if i choose title does not contain ,it doesnt have option to change AND instead of OR .
    OR will work only if the title contain but if i choose does not contain ,i left with undesired results. This is same for other filter sections .
    Attached the image for your reference.

Can this be improved to customize based on the requirement.

100 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. 99 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Software Updates  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →

Updating status to planned, see https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sccm/core/understand/find-help#send-a-suggestion for an explanation of each status value.

Weā€™ve shipped fixes for a few scenarios that can cause this in 1902 but know there are some scenarios left.
    May we ask anyone still experiencing it on 1902 to gather verbose logs from the client and send a frown so we can troubleshoot additional scenarios that cause the error.

17. Software Updates - Need an Option to Control the Auto deployment of Revised updates

WSUS has an inbuilt option to control the approval /Auto Approval of revised updates.
    However ConfigMgr is missing this feature. This is causing the revised updates to get auto installed on the clients if the deployment is active.
    The latest example for this issue was KB3172605. This was revised by MS and caused auto install with reboot on clients

94 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Noted  ·  1 comment  ·  Software Updates  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  18. Create folders under Software Updates

Allow the creation of folders under Software Updates\Software Update Groups, Deployment Packages and Automatic Deployment Rules.

75 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Noted  ·  8 comments  ·  Software Updates  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  19. Search for CVE numbers

Now that Microsoft has moved away from using the Bulletin IDs for some of the major updates, it will become very useful for us to be able to search the Software Updates using the CVE number (i.e. CVE-2017-0199: Microsoft Word HTA Handler Vulnerability). This will help us quickly look up patch status for those CVE identifiers.

71 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Software Updates  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  20. ConfigMgr SUM installs should update the date of last install in Windows Update control panel applet

When you only use ConfigMgr to install updates, the date on the Windows Update control panel applet often reflects something that is really inaccurate as ConfigMgr doesn't update it. This often leads to a very negative reaction of "I thought those darn ConfigMgr admins were updating our workstations and servers!?!" And then we have to explain that we are, but that date doesn't get changed.

Can we please just ensure that when Software Update Management installs any updates, the Windows Update control panel applet gets set to the current date?

I stole the screenshots from this thread: https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/b33dd5b2-64b3-476d-8fc5-232cbafced47/sccm-updates-are-installed-but-windows-update-status-wrong?forum=ConfigMgrCompliance

And Iā€¦

70 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Software Updates  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 20 21
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base