Microsoft

System Center Configuration Manager Feedback

Ideas

What features would you like to see?

All of the feedback that you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building System Center Configuration Manager, though we can’t promise to reply to all posts.

Standard Disclaimer – our lawyers made us put this here ;-) Please note that the System Center Configuration Manager feedback site is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft. See the “User Voice Terms of Service” link below for more information.

How can we improve Configuration Manager?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. SCCM Report - Easy way to create Report & Dashboard

Not really easy to create some SCCM report or Dashboard if your're not a SQL DBA .. even with Report Builder.
    Could be awesome to have a new tool where Reports or Dashbaord could be created easily whithout searching which SQL views I need ..ect ... Like some others concurrent application give.

596 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      32 comments  ·  Reporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Buy Custom reports from the console (in-app purchase)

ConfigMgr has 473 default reports (if I remember correct), but many customers are still spending a lot of time creating custom reports.

In outlook (Office 365) we have this great "Store" feature where we can access all kind of great plugins. Linked-In etc.

Wouldn’t it be great to have a similar feature in the SCCM reports node, where you can download/buy reports created by partners or from maybe even free reports from the community?

"in-app purchase"…

39 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        Noted  ·  0 comments  ·  Reporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • Link the Statistics to a report.

Link the Statistics to a report. Like required is 100, it should link to a report showing the 100 machines.
        examples:
        It should show for Compliant, required, not required and Unknown.
        For Windows updates and Windows 10 servicing upgrades.
        Windows 10 servicing should link to reports showing the computer numbers.

27 votes
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
          0 comments  ·  Reporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • Application deployment reporting - Report to retain data after re-evaluation of collection(s)

application model doesn’t retain the data points as the systems falls out by using a limiting collection or “Not in” logic or have to clear the logic for a failed deployment.

Once the systems fall out of the collection we lose the ability to pull reports on them.

This same method works with the package deployment reports, using a limiting or “not in” logic the data points remains even after the system fall out of the collection.

is there a table that can be create leverage to capture historical data to make a custom report for application deployment for collections…

20 votes
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
          • Ability to Export Task Sequence (TS) for Documentation Purposes in Friendly Format

It would incredibly useful to have a native ability in ConfigMgr to export a task sequence into an easily viewed format that can be utilised as part of design documentation for customers. Either into an Excel spreadsheet with appropriate formatting or possibly html.

The alternative to this is complex Excel spreadsheets which are very time consuming or using unsupported export methods such as those described in this TechNet blog post: https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/deploymentguys/2009/02/20/documenting-your-task-sequences-automagically-update-v2/

I know quite a few consultants who would absolutely love to see this feature added to save a lot of time and effort which could otherwise be utilised doing…

15 votes
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)
            • Create "Missing Updates" overview and detail report to help us patch all the things with all the patches

I'd love to see two new reports added to help systems managers ensure they patch all the things with all the patches.

The overview report should be filterable by Collection and include Client Name, Last Scan Time, Total Missing Updates, and then totals for each Update Classification.

The detail report should have the same filters as Compliance 5 except it should NOT have the Update Class field (If you add that, people will still just deploy only some updates, which is not the point of this report). The columns should be the same data as Compliance 5, but only return…

15 votes
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)
                2 comments  ·  Reporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
              • SQL Server 2016, Reporting services

Hi,

SQL Server 2016 and Reporting Services is shaping up to be a gigantic upgrade! The new Reporting services actually looks like a tool from this century! And Power BI is just amazing.

Is there any roadmap or info of when will SCCM will support SQL Server 2016 or just Reporting Services 2016?

14 votes
                Vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                  Noted  ·  3 comments  ·  Reporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                • Make the dashboards available outside of the console

There are a lot of dashboard like the ones for Software updates, Client health, Windows 10 & Office 365 servicing, security that could be great to publish to non admin console users.

It could be great to have a way to filter those by collections, as well as having a option to export or publish those dashboards to PowerBI or Sharepoint. The same king of integration that SCOM has with sharepoint?

12 votes
                  Vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                    1 comment  ·  Reporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                  • SCCM Reports - Option to create Favorites

It would be a nice option to create favorites of ConfigMgr-Reports. There are over 500 built-in reports and many admins are spends a lot of time for searching.

For Exampe:

11 votes
                    Vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                    • Add Build01 to v_r_system_valid to display the OS Build number

Currently you can find the Windows 10 build number in v_r_system, but not v_r_system_valid. As most reports are only looking for valid clients, it would be beneficial to be able to query the Windows 10 build version without joining to another view.

7 votes
                      Vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                      • Better default reports design

Most of internal reports has quite poor design and usually does not tend to dislike it. They look like ConfigMgr legacy: 8 years lag.

Why don't we use a team of designers just to make them look modern and stylish?

Sometimes I find better to use pre-created custom reports for the demos...

6 votes
                        Vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                        • Start manually a subscription on a report

Add the possibility to start a subscription on a report independently of the schedule (Like Start now from the right click or ribbon menu)

6 votes
                          Vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                          • Log for Modficiations to Collections, Software Update Groups, Deployments, etc.

Would be nice to have a log file that shows who made changes to collections, software update groups, deployments, etc. Currently we have dozens of individuals that have access to the SCCM console across our environment. Tracking down who made changes has been very challenging.

5 votes
                            Vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)
                            • Modify Custom Reports without Site Modify

The ability to edit reports is based is based on assigned roles. If you create a separate folder for custom reports then you must give the users modify permission on the site so that their accounts are added into the 'ConfigMgr Report Administrators' SSRS role at the root report folder. That's a lotta permission just to edit custom reports. So ideally there'd be an RBA role permission for any report not covered by existing permissions. Really anything that disassociates that ability from modifying sites.

5 votes
                              Vote
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)
                              • Help me Provide Statistics to Management for Deployments

We need to do better at showing the value of ConfigMgr. Most managers (IMO) do not understand the amount of successful (or unsuccessful) change we can do with ConfigMgr. Some high-level dashboard reports would go a long way to help people understand the power of ConfigMgr.

This could be related to another one I submitted (http://configurationmanager.uservoice.com/forums/300492-ideas/suggestions/8922754-help-me-find-objects-that-i-can-remove-from-config), but felt it's different enough to have a separate post.

I want to easily provide information to management on things like this:
                                - Number of installs, per application (in my experience, this is difficult to get, since an app is re-evaluated every…

4 votes
                                Vote
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                                • Need a filter for MAC Address picker on report Network > MAC - Computers for a specific MAC address

Since the MAC address isn't added to heartbeat discovery data, it's really hard to go from a MAC address to a device name in the console. This comes up all the time when troubleshooting things like PXE logs. We end up having to use the "Network > MAC - Computers for a specific MAC address" report.

Unfortunately, that report contains a list of every MAC address in your environment. Since MAC's are often only different by a few characters at the end, it is really hard to 1) skim the list and pick what you want, or 2) type in…

3 votes
                                  Vote
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                                    2 comments  ·  Reporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                  • Create email subscription for all active alerts

It would be nice to have a generic subscription for all new active alerts, rather than having to create a subscription to each alert.

I want to be notified of any alert that comes up by email. (Option warning/critical level).

3 votes
                                    Vote
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                                    • Filter built-in reports by collection

Many built-in reports can be filtered by site, but I would like to see them modified so they can be filtered by collection.

3 votes
                                      Vote
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                                      • Office 365 Client Managment

Should also have a reporting function allowing Admins to send reports of this data to managment

3 votes
                                        Vote
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                                        • splunk integration with sccm database information

I'd like to have a Splunk agent so I can build easy queries against my database, so I can realtime monitor my compliancy, deployment progress etc...

3 votes
                                          Vote
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                                          ← Previous 1
                                          • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base