Microsoft

System Center Configuration Manager Feedback

Suggestion box powered by UserVoice

Ideas

What features would you like to see?

All of the feedback that you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building System Center Configuration Manager, though we canā€™t promise to reply to all posts.

Please do not use UserVoice to report product bugs or for assisted support.
If you believe you have found a product bug, please send us a bug report through the Configuration Manager Console (1806 and newer). To do this, press the šŸ™‚ button in the top right corner and choose ā€œSend a Frownā€. For more details, seeĀ https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sccm/core/understand/find-help.

If you require assisted support, please see https://aka.ms/cmcbsupport for more details.

Standard Disclaimer ā€“ our lawyers made us put this here ;-)
We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, so you can give us feedback. Please note that the System Center Configuration Manager feedback site is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. Please send only feature suggestions and ideas to improve Microsoft Configuration Manager. Do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Search filter criteria lost when switching nodes

The admin console does not keep your search filter criteria when you leave that particular node and come back to it. Every time I get a perfect search criteria setup it looses it when I click away, but I am not done with it.

The situation goes like this...You're in All Software Updates. You add criteria for non-superseded, update classifications for critical/security/update rollups/etc., vendor of Microsoft, set the date range and life is good. You search and get what you want. You decide to look at the Software Update Groups for something then click back to your nicely filtered Allā€¦

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinkingā€¦)
    Noted  ·  0 comments  ·  Admin Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  2. Help me Find Objects that I Can Remove From ConfigMgr

We all have things in ConfigMgr that are no longer used, or seldom used. The admin console should help me find these objects, so that I can clean-up/remove those things that are no longer needed. I'm looking for things like.
    - Show me deployments, and their usage on a monthly basis. I'm sure I have optional deployments that are no longer being used - help me find what I can prune.
    - Show me packages (including OSD packages), applications, and task sequences that aren't part of an active deployment. Take dependencies into consideration, but help me find those things thatā€¦

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Noted  ·  2 comments  ·  Admin Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  3. An improved console that merged ADUC, GPMC, and SCCM deployments/queries/collections

Imagine a console like ADUC that let you view GPOs and AD objects alongside each other, with contextual color-tinted overlays that help you visualize where items are applied. It should also display SCCM collections, queries, and deployments.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Noted  ·  1 comment  ·  Admin Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  4. Banner Notifications for SCCM

Hello,

Good Day!

can SCCM team add new features that required for any sccm environment

Banner Notifications for SCCM

Configuration Manager Admins to easily create and deliver announcements from the Configuration Manager Console to be displayed in real time to all specific clients in the specific collection.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Noted  ·  0 comments  ·  Admin Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  5. Allow "shortcuts" on the UI

There are reports, queries and I perform frequently on the console. I'd like to see a way to "program" these into a shortcut icon on the top of the UI window so I could go to them quickly.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Noted  ·  3 comments  ·  Admin Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  6. Add direct link to Logs file in Ribbons bar

Add in the Ribbon toolbar, a direct access to the log (opening it through cmtrace).
    For example, when doing a check for updates in "Updates and Servicing", in the ribbon next to "Client update options" icon, we can add an icon to open the proper "dmpdownloader"log file !!
    So, we don't have to remember all logs or bing internet to find the right log ... we would gain a lot of time and be sure that everything is working fine !!

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Auto upgrade console

it would be good if there is an option to auto upgrade a console if it is not updated after x number of open/days (like with the auto client upgrade)

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Noted  ·  1 comment  ·  Admin Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  8. Add export feature to Monitoring/Queries

Currently the only way to export data from any query built under the Monitoring/Overview/Queries location is to highlight, copy and paste. This seems rather ridiculous considering todays technology. I believe that an export feature should be added so the data can be retrieved from these queries easily, and to any number of outputs such as Excel, PDF, etc., rather than having to copy and paste especially when the output is several thousand rows long.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. view status

the view status option (ie deployment, content status, etc). only allow 1 option each time, so if you click view status and need to go back to the list it will refresh and you may need to filter it back and view status on the other one that you want. it would be good if the view status could be done on selected items, so you click view status (maybe right click the select and view status) and it would create the node for all selected items

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. clone deployments

Allow cloning of deployments from one application to another (e.g. complicated set of deployments on application A, copy and paste them to application B to reduce the amount of clicks required to perform the task)

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Within the SCCM console, allow multi-select for adding columns to the view with single right-click

Currently within the SCCM console, to add columns you would right click on the column headings and select additional columns to add. Selecting one heading returns you back to the view. Adding additional heading requires additional right-click and selections.

Would be nice to be able to select multiple column headings in a single right-click.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. objects

Built in SCCM tools to show what collections a machine is in, connect to the root of C:\ etc. Basically like the 3rd party tools that are out there.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Allow search for multiple items at once

Allow for searching for multiple items at once in the console search. Example - Add multiple package IDs to the search PR100158, PR1001CD for example. Useful when trying to re-distribute multiple content, search for related items such as dependencies, pre-reqs etc.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Make all disabled text controls uneditable instead

Please make all disabled text controls uneditable instead. This allows for copy/paste for a value that is not changeable but it can still be copied and pasted.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Pop outs in the console

The console is not very multi-monitor friendly. There are many times where I have to keep switching between the monitoring tab and one of the other tabs to troubleshoot problems. It would be nice if we could pop out certain parts of the console into new windows. It would be nice if we could do this to every node, but just doing it to the five tabs (Tools also) would be great. I wouldn't have to have so many copies of the console open to get the job done.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Noted  ·  4 comments  ·  Admin Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  16. resultant client settings

add an option for the resultant client settings that are applied, and not what supposed to be applied, like GPO has for group policy resultant. The existing resultant client settings is more like the group policy modeling.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Add resources dialog not accepting 'Enter'

If you like to add a resource to a collection by right clicking on it and starting the 'Add Resource'-Dialog, you have to click the search button by mouse or using tab after enter a search string. Perhaps it will be better to enable pressing the enter button to search for clients.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Generar alertas

Generar alertas enviadas por Correo Electronico cuando el inventario de hardware halla detectado algun cambio, es decir que un equipo antes tenia 4GB y en su procimo ciclo de inventario tenga 2GB que genere una alerta de ese cambio de RAM.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. User Voice Console Integration

The ConfigMgr PG encourages users to share ideas and concerns via user voice. It would be helpful to have the user voice portal linked in the ConfigMgr console in a context sensitive way so that at any node a User Voice submission can be made and appropriate metadata from the console (location, details) shared (as an option) to help describe the particular submission (where applicable)

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Real-time installation status per-machine or collection

Display real-time installation status on a per machine or per collection basis within the SCCM console. For instance, if installing 20 software updates to a single client, one has to log into the client, launch Software Center, and view the installation status for each update. This status could be installing, waiting to install, reboot required, etc. Rolling this up into the console to say installing 1 of 20, 5% complete, installing application X, 25% complete, running task sequence step 4 of 10, 40% complete, rebooting, back online, etc. would be valuable on a per server or per collection basis. Thisā€¦

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base