Microsoft

System Center Configuration Manager Feedback

Suggestion box powered by UserVoice

Ideas

What features would you like to see?

All of the feedback that you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building System Center Configuration Manager, though we canā€™t promise to reply to all posts.

Please do not use UserVoice to report product bugs or for assisted support.
If you believe you have found a product bug, please send us a bug report through the Configuration Manager Console (1806 and newer). To do this, press the šŸ™‚ button in the top right corner and choose ā€œSend a Frownā€. For more details, seeĀ https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sccm/core/understand/find-help.

If you require assisted support, please see https://aka.ms/cmcbsupport for more details.

Standard Disclaimer ā€“ our lawyers made us put this here ;-)
We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, so you can give us feedback. Please note that the System Center Configuration Manager feedback site is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. Please send only feature suggestions and ideas to improve Microsoft Configuration Manager. Do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Show settings changed from default in bold

As it does in the IIS and SQL management consoles, show any configuration settings that are changed from default in bold text.
    Perhaps also show the default value as a hover-over popup.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinkingā€¦)
    0 comments  ·  Admin Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  2. Add 'are you sure' logic to buttons in the ribbon

Would be great to have a prompt for certain buttons in the ribbon to verify you clicked the correct button. Many, many times I want to click 'refresh' on a collection only to accidentally click 'copy'. Not a huge issue, but an annoyance where I have to them delete the unwanted collection.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. subscription schedule in 24 hours format

if i create a schedule on a subscription the time field is in 12h format so i have to guess whether it is AM or PM

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Add a right click or ribbon option for Update Pack Installation Status dialog

A simple addition in theory (I hope) which seems logical.
    The scenario is - when viewing the Updates and Servicing node, I generally run a pre-req check first. When my pre-req check has warnings I want to see them. Currently I have to go to show status (bottom right) which takes me into the monitoring workspace, then show status again from the ribbon. Could we have that "Update Pack Installation Status" dialog directly from a right click or ribbon from the Servicing node?
    This would also be useful for checking installation status when running the upgrade without opening the CMUpdate.logā€¦

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. change

1. Phased deployment should be extended to all deployments [application, package, patch] and not limited to only TS
    2. real-time monitoring of OS migration and upgrade
    3. Extend the feature that is available in 1802 for dashboards to displays a list of relevant devices when graph sections are selected for all dashboards
    4. Reboot management - need better control and customization. Enterprise look at giving more options to users. Similar to allowing IT admin customize the software center, reboot option should also be allowed for customization by IT.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Add 'Connect via VSCode' under 'Connect via Windows PowerShell ISE'

VSCode is more robust than PowerShell ISE and is quickly becoming a replacement for PowerShell ISE all over. Incorporating VSCode (or perhaps even a way to define an editor to connect with) would be fantastic!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Run Scripts: Run multiple scripts concurrently in the same console

Often times I need to kick off multiple scripts at the same time/in the same time frame. Currently, that means I need multiple console sessions open to accomplish this.

It would be great if I could start multiple scripts in the same console.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Fix driver management!

When removing driver packages the drivers don't actually get deleted making it a pain to try and reimport and rebuild a driver package!!!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Block DP reassignment if has been enabled as Pull Distribution Point

While reassigning a Pull Distribution point from one site to another at times breaks, such as package data or status missing from sites. To avoid this scenario, we would recommend to have a validation point like few others which we have in queue(Already queued in v_MIG_MigratedDPs table or if it has roles more than DP like SUP or MP) There should be an additional validation if it's enabled as Pull DP, then console should not allow anyone to perform DP reassignment by showing error like "The DP you are trying to reassign has enabled with Pull DP, Try removing Pullā€¦

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Retain Searches with Backward and Forward button in Console

Scenario.

1. Search for an application
    2. Go to any other node like collections and search for a collection
    3. now if you use backward button it will take you to the applications node and you would need to search for the application again.

Of course the recent searches will help us in this case. But associating backward and forward buttons with Recent Searches gives good UX.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Please give us an option for auto-refresh in SCCM screens

I'd like an option to turn on auto screen refresh every x mins/secs. just some times that it'd be nice to have.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Add Folder option to Boundaries & Boundary Groups

In order to keep better organization, it would be nice to have folders in the boundary and boundary group section of the administration task.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Make it easier to search or anything. Currect search for people or PC's is terrible

System Center Configuration is the worst at finding information. If you don't know what you are looking for, it can't be found.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Device Supersede

Copy associated device collections of one device to another.

I'll explain

Computer A is old and needs to be replaced. It is slated to be replaced with Computer B.

Currently at this point I need to manually remove Computer A from all the Device collections manually. And then Manually add Computer B to those same collections.

It would be lovely if I could supersede a device. So right click on device , and have option to supersede. Then dialogue box pops up and asks for a device. Much like the current "Add Resource" search box.

Then Computer A is removedā€¦

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Allow multiple versions of the console to be installed

Allow multiple versions of the Admin Console to be installed and used on a single system.
    In environments where multiple hierarchies are in use not all will be on the same version. This forces the use of multiple systems with the corresponding console version for remote management or the use of a down level console when only a single system is available.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Be nice to see the logged in account at the top next to the site information

Sometimes we open multiple consoles on one computer to things such as confirm Role Base access is working correctly or compare other items. Be great when doing a run as to launch the console we can differentiate between the two instances.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Maintenance Windows using the option to fire on the last given day of a month (last monday, last friday, etc) are incorrectly scheduled

Collection Properties > Maintenance Windows
    Create a new maintenance window.
    Set the maintenance window for Monthly, Recur every: The last day; where the day is the first day (not DATE) of the following month.
    Ie, Feb 1, 2019 is a Friday, so schedule for the last Friday of the month with an effective date of 1/1/2019
    Turn on the UTC option and set the start and end time to 1:01 AM-3AM. Make sure your client is in UTC-X where X is large enough to cause the start time to be on the previous day. My client was in Centralā€¦

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Selected Client Setting is Lost when Changing Priority

If you sort and then re-prioritize a given client setting it does not maintain the selection. So if you want prioritize something multiple times you need to re-select it every time.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Noted  ·  1 comment  ·  Admin Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  19. Listed Nested Task Sequences in the TS References

Listed Nested Task Sequences in the TS References

When displaying the referenced packages and applications for a task sequence in the References tab in the console, please add displaying the names of any nested task sequences as well.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Mark and remove multiple Content Locations from the package properties

Since a long time it is only possible to delete one Content Location at a time. This becomes very tedious when dealing with several dozens of distribution points.
    This request is to offer multiple select and deletion for content locations.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base