Microsoft

Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager Feedback

Suggestion box powered by UserVoice

Ideas

What features would you like to see?

All of the feedback that you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager, though we canā€™t promise to reply to all posts.

Please do not use UserVoice to report product bugs or for assisted support.
If you believe you have found a product bug, please send us a bug report through the Configuration Manager Console (1806 and newer). To do this, press the šŸ™‚ button in the top right corner and choose ā€œSend a Frownā€. For more details, see https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sccm/core/understand/find-help.

If you require assisted support, please see https://aka.ms/cmcbsupport for more details.

Standard Disclaimer ā€“ our lawyers made us put this here ;-)
We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, so you can give us feedback. Please note that the Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager feedback site is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. Please send only feature suggestions and ideas to improve Configuration Manager. Do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Deploy Software Wizard - Content destination section bypass checkbox or allow to click Next without waiting for everything to load.

Our environment has 1,000+ Distribution Points currently and I imagine a lot of other Enterprises would enjoy not having to sit through long wait times for all their Distribution Points to load into the Wizard's view when all they want to do is Deploy Software without specifying additional Content Destinations because it is already distributed everywhere it is needed.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinkingā€¦)
    0 comments  ·  Admin Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  2. Multilevel sorting in console

When sorting collections in the console we should be able to sort based on one field then by another field. As I am trying to do now, I've sorted computers by which have clients and which don't and then I would like them sorted by computer name.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. I think it would be helpful to be able to uninstall features.

Under \Administration\Overview\Updates and Servicing\Features\ I would like to be able to turn features off that were previously turned on.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Bug report: task sequences previously viewed disappear after "view content status"

when viewing "references" of a task sequence, then following "view content status" for a package with < 100% compliance, and "redistributing" that package to whichever DP(s) have errors, and then going back to "software library" and viewing the others in the "references" tab for the same TS, the entire list of TSes in the previous place disappear

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Windows Update for Business policy console resolution

The default size of the Windows Update for Business Policy Wizard dosnt scale with low resolution. At the default Hyper-V console resolution the entire windows dosnt fit, and therefore the "next" button is hidden by the taskbar. An edge-case, but annoying :)

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Enhance Drivers Package Properties - Add the option to make the predownloadrule syntax an exact match vs the default

SCCM Admin Console

Enhance Drivers Package Properties - Add the option <radio button> to make the predownloadrule syntax an exact match vs the default 'LIKE'.

For example we have Latitude 7400 and Latitude 7400 2-in-1. The download rules using Like an % match both for the 7400 2-in1 and predownload 2 driver packs instead of 1.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Remove Endpoint Protection buttons if it is not installed

The "Endpoint Protection" buttons are always visible in the Admin Console altough the feature / component System Center Endpoint Protection is not activated.
    The buttons are found in the headbar of the console and in the right-click context menu of a device or device collection.
    I assume this affects all customers which have a 3rd Party AntiVirus solution.

This behaviour is also inconsistent with the other features - if I do not enable the feature, the feature does not show up in the console.
    Removing the Endpoint Protection Buttons would free up space for other buttons.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Client discovery info to CMPivot

ConfigMgr client's discovery info has many very useful attributes like OS build, client version, distinguished name, groups, OUs, sites etc.

Unfortunately, discovery info is not available with CMPivot.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Improve package and task sequence export to include deployment information

We often export packages from QA to production, but the export does not include the deployments. Also, collections are not included so we have to 1. export collections, 2. Export TS or package, 3. Manually recreate the deployments.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Noted  ·  0 comments  ·  Admin Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  10. Interactive logon Acceptence Agreement

I would like to have a user acceptance with custom text every time an admin opens up the SCCM Admin Console.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Noted  ·  0 comments  ·  Admin Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  11. Duplicate Windows Update for Business policies

It would be useful to be able to copy or duplicate WUfB policies within the ConfigMgr console. Generally, most organisations would have more than one policy and often they would be the same but with a different deferral value. A straight duplicate would save having to go through the options again and risk making a mistake.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Devices as Active Directory View / Integrate AD Users & Computers

Given the account had proper permissions, maybe integrate Active Directory Users & Computers into the Devices view? Allow for dragging machines/users around in OUs/Containers from within the console.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. distribute content wizard

When I am adding distribution points to a package it pops up that specified ones do not have a source distribution point that contains the content.
    It is not true and seems to come by default and not upon a check.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Selected collection lost if check box not ticked

When including collections, in collection membership, the select collections box has checkboxes. If I select a collection to include, then click OK, the selection is lost / not remembered. I know I have to tick that tiny box, but I always forget. And I have to go the round trip of navigating to that collection again ... it's just not intuitive.
    What would help is if the tickbox got selected when I click the item, and what would also be good is if highlighting, instead of tickboxes, was the UI element that showed what was selected - so ctrl-select, shift-selectā€¦

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Display the name of the currently logon account

Our corporation allows us to logon to Configuration Manager 1910 with our Domain Admin and our user account simultaneously because they have different rights within Configuration Manager. Can you add the same button (see attached) as it has been in Windows OS to display the name of the currently logon account?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. 1606 cannot connect to 1602 Console after upgrade

Following update to 1606 in Test/DEV environment, cannot connect to production which uses 1602.

[12, PID:10428][07/22/2016 14:31:17] :Transport error; failed to connect, message: 'Not found , property = MonthlyReleaseVersion'\r\nMicrosoft.ConfigurationManagement.ManagementProvider.WqlQueryEngine.WqlQueryException\r\nNot found , property = MonthlyReleaseVersion\r\n at Microsoft.ConfigurationManagement.ManagementProvider.WqlQueryEngine.WqlResultObjectBase.get_Item(String name)

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Offer a unlock button to unlock editing an app after the console crash

When the console crash while editing an app, the edited app is locked during 30 min before a user can edit it again. Only ReadOnly is possible.
    I can't unlock the app by the interface.
    Please, add a unlock button

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. For the Admin Console, a parameter to launch it targeting primary sites, so you can have icons for multiple primary's

At present, i can only launch the console and then 'Connect To a New Site' - not great if you want to automate launching the console to point to different primary's. You could have "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Configuration Manager\AdminConsole\bin\Microsoft.ConfigurationManagement.exe" /target:"machine.fqnd.com"

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. The "Create Package and Program Wizard" in SCCM should give you the option to distribute content. Sometimes I forget to distribute content

The "Create Package and Program Wizard" in SCCM should give you the option to distribute content. Sometimes I forget to distribute content after creating a package.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. wake on lan

provide better capabilities with wake on lan (integrate the hardware vendors tools) into SCCM

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base