Microsoft

System Center Configuration Manager Feedback

Suggestion box powered by UserVoice

Ideas

What features would you like to see?

All of the feedback that you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building System Center Configuration Manager, though we canā€™t promise to reply to all posts.

Please do not use UserVoice to report product bugs or for assisted support.
If you believe you have found a product bug, please send us a bug report through the Configuration Manager Console (1806 and newer). To do this, press the šŸ™‚ button in the top right corner and choose ā€œSend a Frownā€. For more details, seeĀ https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sccm/core/understand/find-help.

If you require assisted support, please see https://aka.ms/cmcbsupport for more details.

Standard Disclaimer ā€“ our lawyers made us put this here ;-)
We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, so you can give us feedback. Please note that the System Center Configuration Manager feedback site is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. Please send only feature suggestions and ideas to improve Microsoft Configuration Manager. Do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Rework the search criteria in the console to match the ADR experience

The search criteria in the console don't allow for including/excluding multiple items based on the same criteria because it defaults to OR in stead of AND.

As an example, I would like to only include items where Title does not contain "Itanium", "Preview" and "Security Only" from the All Software Updates view in order to create a Software Update Group. This is not possible with the combination of the OR and DOES NOT CONTAIN operators.

I would suggest to allow for AND/OR selection, or to allow multiple criteria values on the same line. The filter experience in the Create ADRā€¦

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinkingā€¦)
    0 comments  ·  Admin Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  2. View Deployments when a collection is selected under the Users or Devices node

Would love to see the ability to view the "Deployments" tab for a collection when it is displayed/selected in the Devices node in the left pane of the Assets and Compliance tab in the Wunderbar (e.g. when it is selected to view membership).

Right now, the only way to view deployments to a collection is to drill down to that collection under "Device Collections" and select it.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Add a right click or ribbon option for Update Pack Installation Status dialog

A simple addition in theory (I hope) which seems logical.
    The scenario is - when viewing the Updates and Servicing node, I generally run a pre-req check first. When my pre-req check has warnings I want to see them. Currently I have to go to show status (bottom right) which takes me into the monitoring workspace, then show status again from the ribbon. Could we have that "Update Pack Installation Status" dialog directly from a right click or ribbon from the Servicing node?
    This would also be useful for checking installation status when running the upgrade without opening the CMUpdate.logā€¦

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Device Supersede

Copy associated device collections of one device to another.

I'll explain

Computer A is old and needs to be replaced. It is slated to be replaced with Computer B.

Currently at this point I need to manually remove Computer A from all the Device collections manually. And then Manually add Computer B to those same collections.

It would be lovely if I could supersede a device. So right click on device , and have option to supersede. Then dialogue box pops up and asks for a device. Much like the current "Add Resource" search box.

Then Computer A is removedā€¦

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Add actions to Alerts

Add the ability to add customized actions to alerts so they can act as triggers instead of mere noisemakers. Emails are great, but automating the remediation would be even better. You can do this with status messages, but not everything in SCCM generates a status message (I'm looking at you SCEP!). I suppose an alternative would be to have alerts generate a status message of their own.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Resource explorer launch from queries

In Configuration Manager Console the Resource Explorer cannot be launched from queries results in the Monitoring -> Queries if you built a query that not only selects attributes from SMS_R_System.
    Often it is needed to select attributes from other tables like SMS_G_System.
    If you select only one attribute from another table the GUI declines to launch Resource Explorer or other functionalities from the right click menu.
    Maybe this restriction in the launch of Ressource Explorer from queries can be dropped.
    It seems to me that the tables get always resolved to SMS_R_System in case you adress more then one table. ā€¦

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Allow CMPivot to search for hidden files

Utilizing CMPivot attempting to search for the presence of a file returns no results even when I know the file is there. Upon inspection of the actual powershell script that ran on the machine, I noticed that the line that calls "Get-Item" does NOT include the "-Force" parameter. The file is hidden, thus will never be returned in the results list.

Why can I not use CMPivot on files that are hidden? Is that by design or is it a bug?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Add an option to populate computer objects' Serial Number property with the value from 'PC BIOS\Serial Number'

SCCM computer objects have a Serial Number property but it's not populated automatically with anything, making it obsolete. Please add a possibility to automagically populate the value of this property with 'PC BIOS\Serial Number' from hardware inventory.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Software Update Scan in Client Notification

Run a Software Update Scan in Client Notification when you Right Click a Collection or Device name. the option is already there for Software Update Deployment Scan, but the Software Update Scan action needs to be added.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Add "Last Distribution Point" to Asset Columns

Add "Last Distribution Point" to the options for columns in the Assets list.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Noted  ·  0 comments  ·  Admin Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  11. Retain Searches with Backward and Forward button in Console

Scenario.

1. Search for an application
    2. Go to any other node like collections and search for a collection
    3. now if you use backward button it will take you to the applications node and you would need to search for the application again.

Of course the recent searches will help us in this case. But associating backward and forward buttons with Recent Searches gives good UX.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Adding XMLStorage path to the Admin console commandline

We use the admin UI builder to edit the console view but it's a machine-wide configuration.

I would like to be able to specify the XML storage path as part of the commandline so that you can specify different console layouts for different user roles.

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Allow searching all subfolders in all nodes

Searching "all subfolders" is not available for all nodes. It would be really helpful to have that available for all nodes where it is possible to create subfolders.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Persist console backward and forward data with Recent Searches

Usually we search for objects and navigate away to a different node. we can use the backward button to comeback to that node but not to the searched items. We can use the Recent Searches to search for the same items. However it would be better if we can integrate the recent searches as well with the backward and forward buttons.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Add Column for Email just like 'Primary User'.

Add Column for Email just like 'Primary User'. This will allow rapid targeted communication to the Primary Users in a collection.

172 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    15 comments  ·  Admin Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  16. Console - Add Application Name to Application Properties in Summary Tab

Add the Application Name to the Summary Tab under Application Properties so you can easily copy & paste the name.

If you could actually do this in all areas of the Console, anything you have open, having the Name of the object in the Summary Properties so you can copy & paste out is nifty.

NOTE: ConfigMgr Dev Team at MMSMOA Cabin Session did this for Packages, so hopefully that hits an up coming release, but I'd like to see this in all areas:
    Collections: DONE
    Task Sequences: DONE
    Global Conditions: Not Done
    Drivers: DONE
    Driver Packages: Not Done
    Operatingā€¦

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  17. Client Approval and conflicting records

Can you please add duplicate hardware identifiers for USB boot also, i think currently it is only for PXE boot.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Modify Task Sequence Option for Computer Restarts That Respects Client Settings and Maintenance Windows

When creating a task sequence to be used for the installation of multiple applications or packages, it would be nice to have "Restart Computer" (under General in a Task Sequence) respect the client settings, as well as maintenance windows defined in a collection.

For example, software updates that get installed via ADRs have the ability to install outside of the maintenance window and only reboot at a specific time that we designate based on our client settings inside the maintenance window. If a task sequence is configured to install a package where we would require a reboot, we'd like toā€¦

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. client settings show configured settings group

I would like to see a new column under the Client Settings view that will list the names of the configured settings. This is extremely helpful when trying to troubleshoot. In our case we have CS applied to multiple collections because we have default workstation ones then laptop specific ones, and finally regional branding.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Integrate a GitHub (or GitHub Enterprise) Repository/Branch as the source of "Software Library\Scripts"

It would be great if you could specify a Git Repository and Branch as the source of the contents of the Scripts Folder. This would allow the approvals to be managed in GitHub with all the abilities around code review and testing.
    It could still require an admin approval in the console which Version of the script should be used. It would also make rollbacks to an earlier version very easy.
    If you allow having "folders" in the Script folder, each of them could be a repository. You still should need to approve which version to run, but MVPs couldā€¦

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base