Microsoft

System Center Configuration Manager Feedback

Suggestion box powered by UserVoice

Ideas

What features would you like to see?

All of the feedback that you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building System Center Configuration Manager, though we canā€™t promise to reply to all posts.

Please do not use UserVoice to report product bugs or for assisted support.
If you believe you have found a product bug, please send us a bug report through the Configuration Manager Console (1806 and newer). To do this, press the šŸ™‚ button in the top right corner and choose ā€œSend a Frownā€. For more details, seeĀ https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sccm/core/understand/find-help.

If you require assisted support, please see https://aka.ms/cmcbsupport for more details.

Standard Disclaimer ā€“ our lawyers made us put this here ;-)
We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, so you can give us feedback. Please note that the System Center Configuration Manager feedback site is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. Please send only feature suggestions and ideas to improve Microsoft Configuration Manager. Do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Client Settings - Computer Restart - Allow longer than 1440 minutes, show friendly time

Currently, the maximum an administrator can give users to reboot their systems is 1440 minutes (24 hours). Please let us specify up to 7 days. The goal of the delay is to allow a reasonable amount of time for an end user to save their work and reboot without losing anything. The 24 hour limit means that if a user is gone for a day, there is a strong chance they could lose their work. Allowing up to 7 days seems like a better compromise between end user control and respecting admin intent/organizational need.

63 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinkingā€¦)
    9 comments  ·  Admin Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  2. Please improve accessibility of SCCM for blind system administrators.

SCCM 2005 was very accessible to system administrators who are blind. However, Versions after this from 2008 on are not usable. This has resulted in any system administrator who is blind who requires access to SCCM to perform his or her duties to find alternative responsibilities. Up to 2013 I happily worked as a system administrator. I loved this part of the IT industry. However, because so much of my job revolved around using SCCM I had no choice but to leave and refocus my efferts somewhere else. I ask Microsoft to redouble your committment to accessibility to include improvingā€¦

124 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  Admin Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  3. Display active console users

I would like to send a message to all users who have the admin console open. Just a pop-up that warns them of a reboot, or if I need to send out a custom message to all active sessions.

I would like to also be able to see on the Administrations overview page how many Admin Consoles are opened up and connected to the site, and the user name. At the CAS level see all sessions if their are multiple primary servers.

149 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Admin Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  4. Fix Console performance on systems with touch devices

If you have a device with a touch screen, and/or digitizer/stylus, the Admin Console performance takes a huge performance hit on general use, and may lag for several minutes when performing simple tasks such as viewing "Users", "Devices", "Software Updates", etc. Disabling the touch devices in Device Manager result in the same action taking only several seconds. Confirmed on Surface Pro 3, HP All-In-Ones, and a variety of other devices. This issue has been reported to, AND reproduced by, our Microsoft support contact.

Example: I have a collection of around 1100 devices. If I view that on the server, orā€¦

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  5. configuration manager returned a large number of results - UI request

This is really a pet peeve but bear with me. When I want to search Devices within Assets and Compliance section of the Admin console, a message appears that says "Configuration manager returned a large number of results. You can narrow your results by using search. Or, click here to view a maximum of 100000 results." The functionality of this is great, however the placement of it is EXACTLY where the search box was right before it appeared. More times than not, I'll try to click in the search box and end up clicking on this message instead and theā€¦

33 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    12 comments  ·  Admin Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  6. Better support of high DPI and UI scaling in the console

I know Windows 10 is bringing much better support of HiDPI, but I don't believe the console is taking advantage of those enhancements.

Most of the console renders OK on HiPDI screens, but there are many windows that are simply unusable due to improper support of scaling. The examples I've attached are from a 4K monitor at 150% (which is the default for Windows). This issue also occurs on HiPDI screens on laptops like the Dell XPS 13.

190 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    12 comments  ·  Admin Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  7. Enable a column for primary user!

Enable an option to quickly see the primary user of a device (within the columns on the console) I don't have time to individually click machines or run reports to find the primary user.

808 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    57 comments  ·  Admin Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →

This is fixed in the just shipped #SCCM 1802 release. For both Primary User, and Logged on user. We still will improve a couple things:
    1) it is only in devices views; and we will add it in more views (collections, etc.)
    2) We actually think we can do even better than this, and use the SCCM fast channel to show currently logged in now users. If you like this idea, vote here:
    https://configurationmanager.uservoice.com/forums/300492-ideas/suggestions/13061739-see-if-a-user-is-logged-in-and-if-computer-is-acti

8. Continue to invest in Out-of-band support (Intel Vpro/AMT)

SCCM only supports up to version 6, latest hardware uses version 10.
    SCCM provisioning uses SOAP which was deprecated by Intel.
    This is now a big hassle for people who want to use Intel Vpro in combination with SCCM. We need to make use of an Intel Add-on (Intel SCS) to get things working but itā€™s far from ideal.
    Please bring back the provisioning support compatible with the latest versions of Vpro and bring support for new features such as KVM.

151 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Admin Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →

In order to support customers as the speed Intel is update Vpro/AMT – we worked with Intel for them to own the integration, and support latest versions (as ConfigMgr itself only supported up to version 6.) Intel has released an updated version that should solve the customer needs:
    http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/software/setup-configuration-software.html
    We will continue to partner with Intel to provide APIs they need for the integration.

9. Teach the Admin Console how to sort numbers

When sorting by Compliance % for some reason the sort is done as a string sort so 80% is a bigger number than 100%.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Admin Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  10. Update the Conole UI to save my changes to the column views

Every time you add additional columns to display in the views it is lost when you close/reopen the console.

87 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    10 comments  ·  Admin Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  11. automatically search all sub-nodes

Currently, when changing nodes from Application, to Packages to Collection, every time you begin a search, you must re-check the box to 'Search all Sub-nodes'. As the average SCCM admin might make dozens of searches a day to find content, computers, collections, this is really irritating. It would be a better behavior to automatically search all sub-nodes.

377 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    34 comments  ·  Admin Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  12. Make hyperlink on properties page take you to content status (was Admin Console UI fix)

When in the properties of an application, package etc on the summary tab there is a hyperlink to content status. It would be a very productive update to take you directly into the status of the object instead of dumping you into the root of content status and having to search for the application etc you were just in.

215 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Admin Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  13. Show version incompatability and allow ability to upgrade console to match the Primary site version of Configuration Manager

Today, you can be running a console with one version, that is not in synch with what is running on the primary. The only way you'll know is if you are missing features added to a newer release or if troubleshooting leads you down that route. You have to check the about page in the console to verify version number and compare that against what is installed on the Primary site server to see if they match, what I'm proposing is an easy visual way in the console to inform you when your versions don't match, and to offer theā€¦

39 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Admin Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
2 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base