Microsoft

Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager Feedback

Suggestion box powered by UserVoice

Ideas

What features would you like to see?

All of the feedback that you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager, though we can’t promise to reply to all posts.

Please do not use UserVoice to report product bugs or for assisted support.
If you believe you have found a product bug, please send us a bug report through the Configuration Manager Console (1806 and newer). To do this, press the 🙂 button in the top right corner and choose “Send a Frown”. For more details, see https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sccm/core/understand/find-help.

If you require assisted support, please see https://aka.ms/cmcbsupport for more details.

Standard Disclaimer – our lawyers made us put this here ;-)
We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, so you can give us feedback. Please note that the Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager feedback site is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. Please send only feature suggestions and ideas to improve Configuration Manager. Do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. The deployment summarization need software/application deployment RBAC permission which we do not want the users have.

The user need click the summarizer to check the status but they are not allowed to perform the deployment. Could this permission be additionally added in RBAC without granting deploy permission.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Admin Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. blue arrow instead of green when connected with CMG/ICMB

When clients are connected with CMG or ICMB make the green icon a different color, like blue for instance. Since we can't manage devices the same way when they are connected through the cloud, it would help knowing this by simply having a different color.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Add "Next run time" column in the ADR window like in the Task Scheduler

Add "Next run time" column in the ADR window like in the Task Scheduler

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Implement Change Management Similar to AGPM

All configuration changes through the management console should be recorded in a change management format. This could be implemented similar to AGPM. Be able to see a changelog, view differencing, revert changes etc.

Secondary to that would be an approval workflow, also similar to AGPM where technical staff can be granted access to stage changes but an administrator will have to review and approve changes before allowing them into production.

This may also include a check in/check out system etc.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Email an SCCM collection

I know Software Centre notifies the end user of new available software, but the notification is usually short lived and ignored. Would it be possible to email users of a newly created collection within SCCM? For example, say I create a dynamic or direct member collection of computers. From this the collection can then email the current primary users of computers in the collection with a generic message that new software/update/fix etc is now available.

Bat crazy idea but hey ho!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Do not enumerate Users or Devices when I click it

When I enter Users or Devices, the console starts enumerating, it takes for ever. And for no use to me. Please let me first type what i search for, then start enumerating, thanks.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Run Scripts - Show Status

It would be nice if there was a way to go directly to Script Status from the Scripts tab in the console (Software Library\Overview\Scripts). Currently you have to go to the monitoring tab, then click on Script Status, then locate the script deployment.

Ironically you can get directly to the Scripts tab from Script Status by clicking on the Scripts shortcut under Related Objects. So something similar to this method except from the Scripts section would be nice.

OR

Display the Script Status below the currently highlighted script?

I threw together an example of what it could look like.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. include column in devices list, console

Please, I would like to include in the devices list console, a column with the ip address and another column with the operating system description.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Enhance Drivers Package Properties - Add the option to make the predownloadrule syntax an exact match vs the default

SCCM Admin Console

Enhance Drivers Package Properties - Add the option <radio button> to make the predownloadrule syntax an exact match vs the default 'LIKE'.

For example we have Latitude 7400 and Latitude 7400 2-in-1. The download rules using Like an % match both for the 7400 2-in1 and predownload 2 driver packs instead of 1.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. When you set executable(s) in 'Install Behaviour' it should show as 'In Progress' rather than 'Error'

If you set executable(s) in 'Install Behaviour' and the installation subsequently stops because of the status 'One or more processes are running and prevent enforcement action' due to a user having the executable running, these should show up in the 'In Progress' section of the deployment status rather than 'Error'.

This is because the installation has not 'failed' but is waiting for the user to close the application. Once the user closes the application the install will proceed.

Having this status show as 'Error' is confusing as you may think there are a lot of failures when in fact it's…

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Delete multiple Deployments from a Collection

Can we have an option to delete multiple deployments from a given collection?

For Example. Class A may have 10 Application deployments to it. If I want to remove them, I have to delete each deployment one by one. I would like the option to select multiple deployments and click delete once, rather than 10 times. Perhaps a right-click menu option on the collection to 'Remove all deployments'?

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Reference map

It would be nice if ConfigMgr could create a map outlining the references between task sequence and other objects.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Allow regex searching throughout the console.

As an example use case - I want to look up three separate software deployments. Right now, I'd either search for the name of one, check the status, search for the name the next, check the status, etc. or manually add multiple "Software" criteria from the drop down, which is tedious.

If regex were supported, I could just search the deployments for: Software1|Software2|Software3

Or, looking for all devices in accounting or HR if that’s how they’re named: ^HR-|^ACCT-

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. CMPivot - AllowCMPivot script library to be stored in the console.

It would be good to have the ability to store CMPivot queries in the console for others to use and for future administrator use.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Tag free form information to a device

Ability to add a column to \Assets and Compliance\Overview\Devices that contains free form data i.e. "James Machine" or "Must delete".

So the SCCM admin can tag a note to a device, even 100 char would be enough.

Thanks

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Would be nice if column selection was sticky.

Would be nice if column selection was sticky. I always want to see the co-managed and OS build columns as they are relevant to current projects. I have to select them every time I launch the console.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Limit the amount of devices or collections deploy to by role

I would like to have a setting in each security role where the role would be limited to deploying anything out to a set number of devices or collections that have XX number of members. An example being, a help desk tech selects 500 computers and accidently runs the reboot client notification action, the number defined in their role would prevent them from deploying this action to anything more than 50 devices. This would act as another safe-guard for accidently deploying actions to multiple computers.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. A select all and deselect all when setting security scopes

We have over 200 security scopes. Some things, like ADRs, run and create the software update group with all security scopes assigned to that software update group and we have to manually uncheck every single security scope except the one we would like associated with the SUG. A select all and deselect all would speed this process up for us

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Change "Maintenance Windows" Column from Yes/No to count

We use 2-3 different maintenance windows, and it would be easier to check the count if the column stated the number of Maintenance Windows rather than Yes/no

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. User Shortcuts / user settings

On our admin console for us to deploy, we have to open device collection ...scroll down to our "category" which ours starts with a "Z" then find the computer and scroll down again to add to our "Imaging" collection.

Would be nice to have shortcut or "Favorite" collection(s) to quickly move between.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base