Microsoft

System Center Configuration Manager Feedback

Suggestion box powered by UserVoice

Ideas

What features would you like to see?

All of the feedback that you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building System Center Configuration Manager, though we canā€™t promise to reply to all posts.

Please do not use UserVoice to report product bugs or for assisted support.
If you believe you have found a product bug, please send us a bug report through the Configuration Manager Console (1806 and newer). To do this, press the šŸ™‚ button in the top right corner and choose ā€œSend a Frownā€. For more details, seeĀ https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sccm/core/understand/find-help.

If you require assisted support, please see https://aka.ms/cmcbsupport for more details.

Standard Disclaimer ā€“ our lawyers made us put this here ;-)
We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, so you can give us feedback. Please note that the System Center Configuration Manager feedback site is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. Please send only feature suggestions and ideas to improve Microsoft Configuration Manager. Do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Ability to open content source folder from context menu

In the admin console it should be possible to open a exploerer Window on the Content source path (of packages, Application, boot Images, ...)

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinkingā€¦)
    Noted  ·  0 comments  ·  Admin Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  2. Incorporate VAMT into console

Being able to right click a device and see and manage key types and activations would be very helpful when rolling out SCCM and KMS into a large existing environment full of OEM editions.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Noted  ·  0 comments  ·  Admin Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  3. Combine the Content Status pane tabs into one table

Find a way to combine the tabs for Success, In Progress, Error and Unknown into a single table with the same information that makes getting an overview of Content Status more efficient.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Ability to enable/disable any deployment (like you can with software update deployments)

You should be able to enable or disable any deployment (for applications, packages, software updates, etc) by right-clicking and selecting enable or disable.
    Currently to disable an application deployment you either have to delete the deployment or retire the application and for packages you need to disable the program.
    Software update deployments already have this feature.
    You should also be able to enable/disable a deployment from the Monitoring workspace.

58 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  1 comment  ·  Admin Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  5. Change the sort view behaviour

When sorting any area alphabetically (or using any other criteria), the view automatically jumps to the top (or bottom). This defeats the purpose of reversing a sort. For example, if I have 2000 objects in the view, and the object I am looking for starts with a "U", it makes sense to reverse the name sort to reverse-alphabetical, however, when I do that it dumps me at the bottom, meaning now I have to scroll *up* through 1800 objects instead of down. Please change this so that when a sort order is called for, the view stays in the sameā€¦

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Easier navigation between a deployment's properties and status in the admin console

When I am in the Monitoring Workspace viewing the status of Deployments, I often want to open/edit the properties of a specific deployment. This should be accessible by right clicking the deployment, instead of having to make note of the update group or application being deployed and manually finding it in the software library to get to it's properties.

The reverse process should also be easier. If I am in the Software Library viewing a software update group or application and select a specific deployment for that application, I should have a right click option for 'view status', which wouldā€¦

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Noted  ·  1 comment  ·  Admin Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  7. Extensions for Windows Intune

It should be possible that extensions for Windows Intune can be installed without adminrights while opening the Admin Console after the Extension is activated.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Pop outs in the console

The console is not very multi-monitor friendly. There are many times where I have to keep switching between the monitoring tab and one of the other tabs to troubleshoot problems. It would be nice if we could pop out certain parts of the console into new windows. It would be nice if we could do this to every node, but just doing it to the five tabs (Tools also) would be great. I wouldn't have to have so many copies of the console open to get the job done.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Noted  ·  4 comments  ·  Admin Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  9. Allow "shortcuts" on the UI

There are reports, queries and I perform frequently on the console. I'd like to see a way to "program" these into a shortcut icon on the top of the UI window so I could go to them quickly.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Noted  ·  3 comments  ·  Admin Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  10. Show Powershell equivalent command(s) at any wizard completion

At wizard completion for anything, show the Powershell cmdlet equivalent like in other System Center products.

1,394 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    24 comments  ·  Admin Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  11. An improved console that merged ADUC, GPMC, and SCCM deployments/queries/collections

Imagine a console like ADUC that let you view GPOs and AD objects alongside each other, with contextual color-tinted overlays that help you visualize where items are applied. It should also display SCCM collections, queries, and deployments.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Noted  ·  1 comment  ·  Admin Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  12. Improve console communication and security to site server

To use the console you need to open up the RPC dynamic port range as the SMS provider is using WMI.

Isn't it time to move to a more secure communication method which allows the reduction in open ports to the site server?

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Noted  ·  2 comments  ·  Admin Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  13. Add resources dialog not accepting 'Enter'

If you like to add a resource to a collection by right clicking on it and starting the 'Add Resource'-Dialog, you have to click the search button by mouse or using tab after enter a search string. Perhaps it will be better to enable pressing the enter button to search for clients.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. objects

Built in SCCM tools to show what collections a machine is in, connect to the root of C:\ etc. Basically like the 3rd party tools that are out there.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Viewing status of Deployments erases search results

When searching for deployments, say "May 2015", to see all of the Patch Deployments that you have recently deployed, once you double click/view status on a single one, you have to re-search for the "May 2015" deployments again. Suggest to use the Search Bar similar to the way that Explorer uses the Bread Crumbs on a search folder, so once you go back to the Deployments Tab, your original search criteria is there.

27 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 15 16 17 19 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base