Microsoft

System Center Configuration Manager Feedback

Suggestion box powered by UserVoice

Ideas

What features would you like to see?

All of the feedback that you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building System Center Configuration Manager, though we canā€™t promise to reply to all posts.

Please do not use UserVoice to report product bugs or for assisted support.
If you believe you have found a product bug, please send us a bug report through the Configuration Manager Console (1806 and newer). To do this, press the šŸ™‚ button in the top right corner and choose ā€œSend a Frownā€. For more details, seeĀ https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sccm/core/understand/find-help.

If you require assisted support, please see https://aka.ms/cmcbsupport for more details.

Standard Disclaimer ā€“ our lawyers made us put this here ;-)
We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, so you can give us feedback. Please note that the System Center Configuration Manager feedback site is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. Please send only feature suggestions and ideas to improve Microsoft Configuration Manager. Do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms.

How can we improve Configuration Manager?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinkingā€¦)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Client Settings - Computer Restart - Allow longer than 1440 minutes, show friendly time

Currently, the maximum an administrator can give users to reboot their systems is 1440 minutes (24 hours). Please let us specify up to 7 days. The goal of the delay is to allow a reasonable amount of time for an end user to save their work and reboot without losing anything. The 24 hour limit means that if a user is gone for a day, there is a strong chance they could lose their work. Allowing up to 7 days seems like a better compromise between end user control and respecting admin intent/organizational need.

57 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinkingā€¦)
    Noted  ·  8 comments  ·  Admin Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  2. Resultant set of Client Settings should show what policy set the page

If you use several custom client settings, it can be difficult to piece together which one was controlling the actual resultant settings. Add a column on the right which shows the name and priority of the policy that controlled the page (or all that contributed to it for things that are merged... when you get to doing this for antimalware policies)

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Noted  ·  1 comment  ·  Admin Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  3. have the ability to show the 'security scopes' column everywhere in the console

if you have an environment with a deep RBA scoping, it is not Always easy to quickly see which object is secured by which scope in the console as you cannot enable the column 'security scopes' everywhere in the console..
    please change this, I'm talking about boundary groups, queries, site, DP groups, DP, global conditions, driver packages

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Noted  ·  1 comment  ·  Admin Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  4. Make all disabled text controls uneditable instead

Please make all disabled text controls uneditable instead. This allows for copy/paste for a value that is not changeable but it can still be copied and pasted.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Noted  ·  0 comments  ·  Admin Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  5. Clickable Values

Im often missed the feature to click on a reported value to jump directly to a list or an report.

Example: Installation of an Application with 5 Devices failed -> Click on the 5 failed devices will open a list with the 5 specific devices.

Example 2: 3 Devices needs an specific Update. Which devices? Click on the number and see the list.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Noted  ·  0 comments  ·  Admin Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  6. Terminal Server Awareness

With the new "Cluster Awareness" checkbox why not extend it to a checkbox for Terminal Server also.
    So whenever something needs to be installed on a TS, the "Change user /Install" command is executed, and after the "Change user /execute" command is executed natively

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Centralise Console extensions

Please have the ability to set a repository for console extensions that the business uses. An admin could deploy the extension to the repo, then all consoles could enable it or keep disabled.

The way community extensions get installed/activated may need an overhaul.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Modify Defaults

Allow a default to be created for each and Every object type in the admin console.

Applications, Packages, etc.. Allow Every possible setting to be pre-configured with the default choices you want by default. Multiple "templates" creatable for the same object type... Default choice would be based upon RBA. or a global choice if present.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Create a node in the console with favorite action

It's possible to create a new node in the console with favorite actions.

Example:
    Favorite\Frequent Action 1 (Device collection)
    Favorite\Frequent Action 2 (Monitoring content)
    Favorite\Frequent Action 3 (Application Deployment)

If you want to add any action in the console to favorite Node, just right click on the action and select add to favorite actions...

In this wau

55 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Noted  ·  5 comments  ·  Admin Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  10. Drag and Drop in console

Why can't we simply drag and drop machines/users into collections instead of having to go through wizard?. It makes it much harder for Helpdesk to understand how to use the console (hence why most people use AD security groups as targets). Why not select/Multi-select items and drag into relevant collection

39 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Noted  ·  3 comments  ·  Admin Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  11. Add ability to move client setting priority to the top

In some environments there are many client settings and there may be a particular setting that I need to be at (nearly) the top of the priority list. I've used a community tool that assists with client setting priority but would like to see, at the least, a button or right click feature to move the setting to the top to reduce the amount of priority button clicks.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Add a GitHub-Style Commit dialog for all changes.

The idea around this is to capture "what was changed" for things such as Updating Package/Deployment Type Content, Changing Application Metadata, Changing CI/Baselines.

The commit description would then also be added into the Revision History so if you had to roll back (or were nosey and wanted to see what was going on) you could look at the revision notes to see what was changed, and who changed it.

The ability to toggle this on/off should be available since not everyone will want this (especially for labs).

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Allow conosole to connect to different server versions

I would like to be able to connect to different SCCM versions using the console on my computer (i.e. 1: Lab has a newer version than Production and I can't use Admin Console on my PC to connect to both; 2: I would like to connect to different customers running different versions without having to re-install the Admin Console for each site)

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Alternative way to install ConfigMgr Admin Console

Hello Team,

I got an issue when i have done the upgrade to 1602 version of SCCM vnext.

That brings me this idea : How to get the Admin Console from an alternative way than via the SCCM Servicing and Upgrade section ?

Thank you for your help
    Henri

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Admin Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  15. Interactive logon Acceptence Agreement

I would like to have a user acceptance with custom text every time an admin opens up the SCCM Admin Console.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Manage Deployment of Console Updates

I would be good if applying an update to Configuration Manager also either:
    - initiated the creation of an application/collection/deployment to upgrade administrator consoles, or
    - provided the ability for the console to update itself by kicking off a background service to install the update for non-administrator users.

It's great that the console now notifies the user when it's out of date, but the process of applying these updates really needs to be streamlined. Something similar to automatic client upgrade would be amazing.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  Admin Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  17. Offer a unlock button to unlock editing an app after the console crash

When the console crash while editing an app, the edited app is locked during 30 min before a user can edit it again. Only ReadOnly is possible.
    I can't unlock the app by the interface.
    Please, add a unlock button

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  18. Status Messages in the SCCM Console

Status messages are amazingly helpful in the SCCM console, but difficult to get to. For instance, whoever wrote the status messages for Task Sequence deployments did an amazing job, yet I cannot access these without making a custom query! This is an amazing troubleshooting tool that is hidden from the average user.

I'd like to get access to status messages from the object that makes the status message. For instance, if I right click on a task sequence deployment, I want to be able to view all status messages associated with that object. If I right click on a distributionā€¦

91 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Noted  ·  7 comments  ·  Admin Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  19. Search filter criteria lost when switching nodes

The admin console does not keep your search filter criteria when you leave that particular node and come back to it. Every time I get a perfect search criteria setup it looses it when I click away, but I am not done with it.

The situation goes like this...You're in All Software Updates. You add criteria for non-superseded, update classifications for critical/security/update rollups/etc., vendor of Microsoft, set the date range and life is good. You search and get what you want. You decide to look at the Software Update Groups for something then click back to your nicely filtered Allā€¦

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Scroll by Using Letters on Keyboard

When viewing a large list, I would like to scroll to the item I need by entering the letter on the keyboard. This is how explorer works (in a list of files if you start typing the file name it will take you to that file). For example if I am in applications, I would like to click on an app then start typing "Off" to be taken to my Office application.

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base