Microsoft

System Center Configuration Manager Feedback

Suggestion box powered by UserVoice

Ideas

What features would you like to see?

All of the feedback that you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building System Center Configuration Manager, though we can’t promise to reply to all posts.

Please do not use UserVoice to report product bugs or for assisted support.
If you believe you have found a product bug, please send us a bug report through the Configuration Manager Console (1806 and newer). To do this, press the 🙂 button in the top right corner and choose “Send a Frown”. For more details, see https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sccm/core/understand/find-help.

If you require assisted support, please see https://aka.ms/cmcbsupport for more details.

Standard Disclaimer – our lawyers made us put this here ;-)
We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, so you can give us feedback. Please note that the System Center Configuration Manager feedback site is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. Please send only feature suggestions and ideas to improve Microsoft Configuration Manager. Do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Actions under Client notifications are named different than those in Configuration Manager properties

In the SCCM console. The Actions under Client notifications which trigger client actions are named different than those in Configuration Manager properties -> Actions on the Client. This in inconvenient and confusing. You should give this child only one name.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Admin Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. I think it would be helpful to be able to uninstall features.

Under \Administration\Overview\Updates and Servicing\Features\ I would like to be able to turn features off that were previously turned on.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Every grid in the console needs to have a 'created by' column

A column in every single pane needs to be added for 'Created by'. Some of us have 50+ admins across several orgs using the same MP and infrastructure. Trying to figure out who created a Task Sequence or OS image, for instance, is a nightmare. Trying to enforce an object naming convention is a first step, but you can't make people do it - I can however, see your username and yell at you.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Tracking of activies for done by using in the Admin Console

I would like to request that Microsoft add a section in the console, it could be under monitoring, where it shows what actions any of the users that use the console have done. The reason I am requesting this is because we have had problems with users of the console doing applications deployments to device collection that they should of not have done. I need hard evidence from configuration manager that points to the specific user and what actions they did before I can take it up the chain of command.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I would like to have color letter in the name of the softwave package.

So I won't get confused with many packages name that I created.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Add Column to Collection view that shows how long devices have been in the colleciton

We manually track how long devices have a specific issue related to SCEP remediation in a spreadsheet. We don't want to attempt to remediate a client that just needs some time to report in and so we tend to go after devices that have a specific issue for 7 days as an example. If we were able to have a "age device has been in collection" column for these query based collection we create, It would eliminate the need to manually track the age. Please consider. Thank you.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I would like the possibility to see the acutual size of the MIG being created during USMT migration

Add a column with the file size next to store path, so admins easily can monitor the amount of space being used during USMT

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. smart device collections by picking from hardware inventory

instead off building wmi queries manually for each device collection, let us pick from values already collected by hw inventory in the db.
    (and make default collections by manufacturer and modells as a standard)
    If you look at how Kace K1000 uses smart labels, thats about how I imagine it also could be implemented in SCCM.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Office 365 Client Channels Pie Chart

For the pie chart for Office 365 Client Versions you can click the pie sections and get a list of clients with each specific version.
    It would be nice if the same was possible with the Client Channels pie chart.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Application References tab should include Applications in a disabled Install Application Task

Absolutely love the 'Task Sequences' tab that's been added to Applications in the console, but it seems as though it doesn't report on apps that are in a disabled 'Install Applications' step in a Task Sequence.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Please give us an option for auto-refresh in SCCM screens

I'd like an option to turn on auto screen refresh every x mins/secs. just some times that it'd be nice to have.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. 資産とコンプライアンスの左側のツリーにデバイスコレクションの一覧を常に表示できるようにしてほしい。

資産とコンプライアンスの左側のツリーにデバイスコレクションの一覧を常に表示できるようにしてほしい。

コンソールを開きなおすたびに左側のツリーが消えてしまう。

また管理しているデバイスコレクションの一覧が多く、
    他のデバイスコレクションを参照する際に前に戻るボタン(←)を
    押すと再度一覧からデバイスコレクションを探すのが手間です。

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Add new Device tab with custom properties (Variables)

When selecting one or multiple devices in the console, it would be very helpful to have an additional tab at the bottom (next to "Summary", "Client Settings", "Collections", etc.) with "Custom Properties" where console users can select from predefined, custom properties such as "Language", "Company", "OS", Device Type", "Deployment Ring" or any other properties that are relevant for a company.
    These properties should then be available as variables during OSD and during normal task sequences.
    Admins should be able to predefine and customize the available properties depending on the needs of the company. There should be a way to create…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Enable url-like shortcuts to nodes in the console (ie. deployment saved searches)

I check up on deployments every few hours, would love to be able to create a shortcut on my desktop to "Microsoft.ConfigurationManagement.exe \Monitoring\Searches\Search99"

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Noted  ·  2 comments  ·  Admin Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. cmpivot additional options.

In previous versions of SCCM you had the option to export collection membership, as a way to provide quick lists of systems. Now that is gone, you have to use reporting which has its flaws. I thought that CMpivot will be a tool that will replace and expand on that, unfortunately no. Why would you only have the option to collect live data? Especially that in large, complex environments 100% not all the hosts will be reachable or accessible? Wouldn't it be logical to have an option to just query data from the database, as a quick and efficient query…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Include Package Source path in summary when creating Deployment Packages

When downloading content for a software update group into a deployment package, the summary page and success page list all details except for the package source location. Please add this information to those pages.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Alternative view without folders to show all collections for all persons who hate folders

An extra view or option to make folders invisible and show all containing collections at once. We have an environment with lots of sites and site administrators. The folderstructure has grown too big and its getting confusing for side admins.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Duplicate Windows Update for Business policies

It would be useful to be able to copy or duplicate WUfB policies within the ConfigMgr console. Generally, most organisations would have more than one policy and often they would be the same but with a different deferral value. A straight duplicate would save having to go through the options again and risk making a mistake.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. remember column selections

each time i go to a window (i.e. updates and servicing) i find the need to reset the column sizes and search order. Please remember these

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. in a content distribution status show a progress bar to see distribution completion

in a content distribution status show a progress bar to see distribution completion

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 18 19
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base