Microsoft

Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager Feedback

Suggestion box powered by UserVoice

Ideas

What features would you like to see?

All of the feedback that you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager, though we canā€™t promise to reply to all posts.

Please do not use UserVoice to report product bugs or for assisted support.
If you believe you have found a product bug, please send us a bug report through the Configuration Manager Console (1806 and newer). To do this, press the šŸ™‚ button in the top right corner and choose ā€œSend a Frownā€. For more details, see https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sccm/core/understand/find-help.

If you require assisted support, please see https://aka.ms/cmcbsupport for more details.

Standard Disclaimer ā€“ our lawyers made us put this here ;-)
We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, so you can give us feedback. Please note that the Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager feedback site is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. Please send only feature suggestions and ideas to improve Configuration Manager. Do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Clickable Values

Im often missed the feature to click on a reported value to jump directly to a list or an report.

Example: Installation of an Application with 5 Devices failed -> Click on the 5 failed devices will open a list with the 5 specific devices.

Example 2: 3 Devices needs an specific Update. Which devices? Click on the number and see the list.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinkingā€¦)
    Noted  ·  0 comments  ·  Admin Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  2. Display Security Scopes and Collections columns by default under Administrative Users

Many organizations struggle a lot with the concepts in Role Based Administration. One of the things I see that helps them immensely to see how they've misapplied security is to simply turn on the Scopes and Collections column views under Administrative Users. While the Roles are shown by default, without the Scopes and Collections, there isn't enough context for them to understand what is actually set up.

Please display the Security Scopes and Collections columns by default under the Administrative Users view in the ConfigMgr console. This will help people understand RBA at a glance much more easily.

Thanks forā€¦

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Noted  ·  1 comment  ·  Admin Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  3. Make all disabled text controls uneditable instead

Please make all disabled text controls uneditable instead. This allows for copy/paste for a value that is not changeable but it can still be copied and pasted.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Noted  ·  0 comments  ·  Admin Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  4. Centralise Console extensions

Please have the ability to set a repository for console extensions that the business uses. An admin could deploy the extension to the repo, then all consoles could enable it or keep disabled.

The way community extensions get installed/activated may need an overhaul.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Add a GitHub-Style Commit dialog for all changes.

The idea around this is to capture "what was changed" for things such as Updating Package/Deployment Type Content, Changing Application Metadata, Changing CI/Baselines.

The commit description would then also be added into the Revision History so if you had to roll back (or were nosey and wanted to see what was going on) you could look at the revision notes to see what was changed, and who changed it.

The ability to toggle this on/off should be available since not everyone will want this (especially for labs).

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Allow conosole to connect to different server versions

I would like to be able to connect to different SCCM versions using the console on my computer (i.e. 1: Lab has a newer version than Production and I can't use Admin Console on my PC to connect to both; 2: I would like to connect to different customers running different versions without having to re-install the Admin Console for each site)

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Noted  ·  1 comment  ·  Admin Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  7. Interactive logon Acceptence Agreement

I would like to have a user acceptance with custom text every time an admin opens up the SCCM Admin Console.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Offer a unlock button to unlock editing an app after the console crash

When the console crash while editing an app, the edited app is locked during 30 min before a user can edit it again. Only ReadOnly is possible.
    I can't unlock the app by the interface.
    Please, add a unlock button

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  9. Auto upgrade console

it would be good if there is an option to auto upgrade a console if it is not updated after x number of open/days (like with the auto client upgrade)

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Give us the option of integrating active directory and and sccm console capabilities.

In many environments there are very few tech staff members involved in managing everything. I would like to see us have the ability to create a custom mmc or utilize a single console which can manage AD users and computers and SCCM. We should be able to then move objects about the directory or access SCCM data and actions within the AD console. I would like to be able to right-click a computer object in the AD console and get SCCM options such as resource explorer, inventory, reporting, remote control, add to collection, what collections is this machine a memberā€¦

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Generar alertas

Generar alertas enviadas por Correo Electronico cuando el inventario de hardware halla detectado algun cambio, es decir que un equipo antes tenia 4GB y en su procimo ciclo de inventario tenga 2GB que genere una alerta de ese cambio de RAM.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Add export feature to Monitoring/Queries

Currently the only way to export data from any query built under the Monitoring/Overview/Queries location is to highlight, copy and paste. This seems rather ridiculous considering todays technology. I believe that an export feature should be added so the data can be retrieved from these queries easily, and to any number of outputs such as Excel, PDF, etc., rather than having to copy and paste especially when the output is several thousand rows long.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Combine the Content Status pane tabs into one table

Find a way to combine the tabs for Success, In Progress, Error and Unknown into a single table with the same information that makes getting an overview of Content Status more efficient.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Change the sort view behaviour

When sorting any area alphabetically (or using any other criteria), the view automatically jumps to the top (or bottom). This defeats the purpose of reversing a sort. For example, if I have 2000 objects in the view, and the object I am looking for starts with a "U", it makes sense to reverse the name sort to reverse-alphabetical, however, when I do that it dumps me at the bottom, meaning now I have to scroll up through 1800 objects instead of down. Please change this so that when a sort order is called for, the view stays in the sameā€¦

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. An improved console that merged ADUC, GPMC, and SCCM deployments/queries/collections

Imagine a console like ADUC that let you view GPOs and AD objects alongside each other, with contextual color-tinted overlays that help you visualize where items are applied. It should also display SCCM collections, queries, and deployments.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Extensions for Windows Intune

It should be possible that extensions for Windows Intune can be installed without adminrights while opening the Admin Console after the Extension is activated.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Add resources dialog not accepting 'Enter'

If you like to add a resource to a collection by right clicking on it and starting the 'Add Resource'-Dialog, you have to click the search button by mouse or using tab after enter a search string. Perhaps it will be better to enable pressing the enter button to search for clients.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Refresh Search New Collection

when creating a new collection from a search result (ie. user/device). once the collection is created, the search should not be refreshed. as today, the search is cleared. if you have a custom search, you need to apply all filters or load the search again, and it can take time on large environments

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 4 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base