Microsoft

Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager Feedback

Suggestion box powered by UserVoice

Ideas

What features would you like to see?

All of the feedback that you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager, though we canā€™t promise to reply to all posts.

Please do not use UserVoice to report product bugs or for assisted support.
If you believe you have found a product bug, please send us a bug report through the Configuration Manager Console (1806 and newer). To do this, press the šŸ™‚ button in the top right corner and choose ā€œSend a Frownā€. For more details, see https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sccm/core/understand/find-help.

If you require assisted support, please see https://aka.ms/cmcbsupport for more details.

Standard Disclaimer ā€“ our lawyers made us put this here ;-)
We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, so you can give us feedback. Please note that the Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager feedback site is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. Please send only feature suggestions and ideas to improve Configuration Manager. Do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Drag and Drop in console

Why can't we simply drag and drop machines/users into collections instead of having to go through wizard?. It makes it much harder for Helpdesk to understand how to use the console (hence why most people use AD security groups as targets). Why not select/Multi-select items and drag into relevant collection

53 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinkingā€¦)
    Noted  ·  4 comments  ·  Admin Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  2. have the ability to show the 'security scopes' column everywhere in the console

if you have an environment with a deep RBA scoping, it is not Always easy to quickly see which object is secured by which scope in the console as you cannot enable the column 'security scopes' everywhere in the console..
    please change this, I'm talking about boundary groups, queries, site, DP groups, DP, global conditions, driver packages

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Noted  ·  1 comment  ·  Admin Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  3. Within the SCCM console, allow multi-select for adding columns to the view with single right-click

Currently within the SCCM console, to add columns you would right click on the column headings and select additional columns to add. Selecting one heading returns you back to the view. Adding additional heading requires additional right-click and selections.

Would be nice to be able to select multiple column headings in a single right-click.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Noted  ·  0 comments  ·  Admin Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  4. Integrate Announcement Settings

Integrate Annoucement settings to the console like the product Cireson Configuration Manager Ticker app. Send schedule or as soon as possible notification directly for user's display.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Noted  ·  0 comments  ·  Admin Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  5. Real-time installation status per-machine or collection

Display real-time installation status on a per machine or per collection basis within the SCCM console. For instance, if installing 20 software updates to a single client, one has to log into the client, launch Software Center, and view the installation status for each update. This status could be installing, waiting to install, reboot required, etc. Rolling this up into the console to say installing 1 of 20, 5% complete, installing application X, 25% complete, running task sequence step 4 of 10, 40% complete, rebooting, back online, etc. would be valuable on a per server or per collection basis. Thisā€¦

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Manage Deployment of Console Updates

I would be good if applying an update to Configuration Manager also either:
    - initiated the creation of an application/collection/deployment to upgrade administrator consoles, or
    - provided the ability for the console to update itself by kicking off a background service to install the update for non-administrator users.

It's great that the console now notifies the user when it's out of date, but the process of applying these updates really needs to be streamlined. Something similar to automatic client upgrade would be amazing.

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  Admin Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  7. view status

the view status option (ie deployment, content status, etc). only allow 1 option each time, so if you click view status and need to go back to the list it will refresh and you may need to filter it back and view status on the other one that you want. it would be good if the view status could be done on selected items, so you click view status (maybe right click the select and view status) and it would create the node for all selected items

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Noted  ·  1 comment  ·  Admin Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  8. Terminal Server Awareness

With the new "Cluster Awareness" checkbox why not extend it to a checkbox for Terminal Server also.
    So whenever something needs to be installed on a TS, the "Change user /Install" command is executed, and after the "Change user /execute" command is executed natively

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Add ability to move client setting priority to the top

In some environments there are many client settings and there may be a particular setting that I need to be at (nearly) the top of the priority list. I've used a community tool that assists with client setting priority but would like to see, at the least, a button or right click feature to move the setting to the top to reduce the amount of priority button clicks.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Modify Defaults

Allow a default to be created for each and Every object type in the admin console.

Applications, Packages, etc.. Allow Every possible setting to be pre-configured with the default choices you want by default. Multiple "templates" creatable for the same object type... Default choice would be based upon RBA. or a global choice if present.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Scroll by Using Letters on Keyboard

When viewing a large list, I would like to scroll to the item I need by entering the letter on the keyboard. This is how explorer works (in a list of files if you start typing the file name it will take you to that file). For example if I am in applications, I would like to click on an app then start typing "Off" to be taken to my Office application.

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Make the ConfigMgr Admin console compatible with HoloLens!

How cool would it be to manipulate CONFIGMGR objects with your hands? Pickup a machine and literally throw it into a collection. Then pick up an Application and throw it on the same collection. Or view a report as if you were holding it in your hands?

26 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Alternative way to install ConfigMgr Admin Console

Hello Team,

I got an issue when i have done the upgrade to 1602 version of SCCM vnext.

That brings me this idea : How to get the Admin Console from an alternative way than via the SCCM Servicing and Upgrade section ?

Thank you for your help
    Henri

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Admin Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  14. Search filter criteria lost when switching nodes

The admin console does not keep your search filter criteria when you leave that particular node and come back to it. Every time I get a perfect search criteria setup it looses it when I click away, but I am not done with it.

The situation goes like this...You're in All Software Updates. You add criteria for non-superseded, update classifications for critical/security/update rollups/etc., vendor of Microsoft, set the date range and life is good. You search and get what you want. You decide to look at the Software Update Groups for something then click back to your nicely filtered Allā€¦

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Viewing status of Deployments erases search results

When searching for deployments, say "May 2015", to see all of the Patch Deployments that you have recently deployed, once you double click/view status on a single one, you have to re-search for the "May 2015" deployments again. Suggest to use the Search Bar similar to the way that Explorer uses the Bread Crumbs on a search folder, so once you go back to the Deployments Tab, your original search criteria is there.

27 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. resultant client settings

add an option for the resultant client settings that are applied, and not what supposed to be applied, like GPO has for group policy resultant. The existing resultant client settings is more like the group policy modeling.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Help me Find Objects that I Can Remove From ConfigMgr

We all have things in ConfigMgr that are no longer used, or seldom used. The admin console should help me find these objects, so that I can clean-up/remove those things that are no longer needed. I'm looking for things like.
    - Show me deployments, and their usage on a monthly basis. I'm sure I have optional deployments that are no longer being used - help me find what I can prune.
    - Show me packages (including OSD packages), applications, and task sequences that aren't part of an active deployment. Take dependencies into consideration, but help me find those things thatā€¦

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Noted  ·  3 comments  ·  Admin Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  18. Incorporate VAMT into console

Being able to right click a device and see and manage key types and activations would be very helpful when rolling out SCCM and KMS into a large existing environment full of OEM editions.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. console default view

allow the console to have a default view per node. if you open the software updates -> all software updates, it takes a while to load. It would be useful to have a default view configured so it would not load what is need needed. Same for assets and compliance -> devices, etc.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Improve console communication and security to site server

To use the console you need to open up the RPC dynamic port range as the SMS provider is using WMI.

Isn't it time to move to a more secure communication method which allows the reduction in open ports to the site server?

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Noted  ·  2 comments  ·  Admin Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base